MSNBC Calls New Lt Gov Of Virginia A White Supremacist....Even Though She Is Jamaican

Yes our founding fathers were not perfect and I hear you trying to defend and look at the rosey side of the effects of slavery. That’s fine if you want to explore that perspective. American history has been painted that way for generations. It’s also not a bad thing to look at the negative side of things and dive into the events and stories that have been buried… see what negative effects have percolated through.
OK but that is all the NYT does. Do you think Nikole Hannah Jones would have a similar job to what she has now if her ancestors weren't here? No. There are positives and negatives of course.

I read page 18 and didn’t cherry pick a thing. You say our country was founded on principles of liberty and equality but that is complete bullshit. Maybe for white males who wanted to be free from the king… but for women and black slaves and other minorities you did not have liberty and equality.

Saying that the revolution happened to preserve slavery is a stretch and an opinion but there is a valid point that she makes…. The founders were slave owners and made considerable wealth off the backs of the slave trade. Most of the first dozen of our presidents were slave owners. Slavery was accepted and written into our constitution and used to make the owners rich. The blatant hypocrisy of claiming to be a free and a liberated country all while enslaving people is what ultimately lead to the civil war.
The North tried to abolish slavery but the South would not go to war with England if that were the case so they compromised. No one is saying slavery wasn't evil. How many white men died to abolish it? We miss that part. We just want to discuss the negatives and reparations...So ridiculous.

OK but that is all the NYT does. Do you think Nikole Hannah Jones would have a similar job to what she has now if her ancestors weren't here? No. There are positives and negatives of course.
So what?! What doesn’t kill us makes us stronger as my friend KC once said… that doesn’t mean she needs to sing the praises of slavery, and it doesn’t mean she can’t write a critical reflection of US history. You seem to want to avoid engaging the subject to keep making this point that blacks got it good here so they shouldnt complain. That’s a weak argument

The North tried to abolish slavery but the South would not go to war with England if that were the case so they compromised. No one is saying slavery wasn't evil. How many white men died to abolish it? We miss that part. We just want to discuss the negatives and reparations...So ridiculous.
We don’t miss that white men fought to abolish slavery, we have studied and celebrated that part for generations. The 1619 project is designed to study the negatives. For some reason you can’t handle that. Why not?

So what?! What doesn’t kill us makes us stronger as my friend KC once said… that doesn’t mean she needs to sing the praises of slavery, and it doesn’t mean she can’t write a critical reflection of US history. You seem to want to avoid engaging the subject to keep making this point that blacks got it good here so they shouldnt complain. That’s a weak argument
Or he can say it was evil but we have made very strong progress and continue to do so. Just look at me. I am a success story. I disagree that it is a weak argument. You can be critical and then ask am I still better off? She refuses to do that. Very dishonest and why that project is getting lambasted by historians.

We don’t miss that white men fought to abolish slavery, we have studied and celebrated that part for generations. The 1619 project is designed to study the negatives. For some reason you can’t handle that. Why not?
I can't handle it? I choose to criticize it as its my right. The equivalent would be just stating all the negatives of football. Cost to play, injuries, concussions, hazing....or we can look at the positives...team work, conditioning, fanfare, potential for college scholarships. If I went to every school and only talked about the negatives no one would play football. It is important to present all sides. Not just drive a certain narrative.

I beg to differ, I think most normal people are self absorbed and more involved with what is going on in their own bubbles much more than what’s going on in the greater community and world. You can see this by the crazy push back we are seeing when minority, racial, and LGBTQ issues are brought to the forefront
Minorities and queers aren't what's going on in the greater community and world; it's just the weirdness on the edges.

Being called a racist or white supremacists has lost all value....I am actually happy to hear it. The name calling was never nothing more than an attempt to silence any opposition anyways.
Agreed. I used to be called, let's see, a feminist, feminazi, communist, fascist, all in the same thread of older forums. Now it's racist and white supremacist.

Nothing really new here ---- just the old rule: the people who are angry are the people who are losing.

Or he can say it was evil but we have made very strong progress and continue to do so. Just look at me. I am a success story. I disagree that it is a weak argument. You can be critical and then ask am I still better off? She refuses to do that. Very dishonest and why that project is getting lambasted by historians.
If she acknowledged what you want her to acknowledge it would make zero difference on how historians would look at it. That’s another silly argument. You’re wanting her to express an opinion that you want pushed. That isn’t her view. And neither your opinion or her option makes any difference on the historical accounts that comprise the meat of her piece.

take a step back and think about somebody making a point that Jews are better off after the Holocaust so they shouldn’t be critical of it and how wrong that sounds

I can't handle it? I choose to criticize it as its my right. The equivalent would be just stating all the negatives of football. Cost to play, injuries, concussions, hazing....or we can look at the positives...team work, conditioning, fanfare, potential for college scholarships. If I went to every school and only talked about the negatives no one would play football. It is important to present all sides. Not just drive a certain narrative.
The side you are taking is the side that’s been taught and discussed for generations. You don’t acknowledge or engage in the substance of the other side because you seem to just want to keep the status quo and call that other view a joke… without even reading the piece!!! That’s the real joke

If she acknowledged what you want her to acknowledge it would make zero difference on how historians would look at it. That’s another silly argument. You’re wanting her to express an opinion that you want pushed. That isn’t her view. And neither your opinion or her option makes any difference on the historical accounts that comprise the meat of her piece.
I disagree that it would make zero difference. I think it would make a significant difference.

take a step back and think about somebody making a point that Jews are better off after the Holocaust so they shouldn’t be critical of it and how wrong that sounds
But Jews aren't better off. That is a false conflation. Jews have had pretty good lives everywhere not just the US. Meanwhile Africa as continent is basically 3rd world.

The side you are taking is the side that’s been taught and discussed for generations. You don’t acknowledge or engage in the substance of the other side because you seem to just want to keep the status quo and call that other view a joke… without even reading the piece!!! That’s the real joke
What side? That slavery was evil and we fought a Civil War over it? That Civil Rights were critical? Selma? Jackie Robinson? Bill Russell? Only an idiot doesn't understand the evils of slavery.

But Jews aren't better off. That is a false conflation. Jews have had pretty good lives everywhere not just the US. Meanwhile Africa as continent is basically 3rd world.
How do you know they aren’t better off? What if somebody made the case that the Holocaust bonded Jews even more so and gave them extra perseverance and opportunity, especially here in the USA to put them in the positions they are in today. So because if this you should always mention that they are better off today because of the Holocaust whenever they say anything negative because that’s the more honest way to speak about the situation.

sounds pretty silly, right?

What side? That slavery was evil and we fought a Civil War over it? That Civil Rights were critical? Selma? Jackie Robinson? Bill Russell? Only an idiot doesn't understand the evils of slavery.
No the side that whites fought to end slavery and blacks are better off today because of the opportunities the USA has provided them. You knew exactly what I was talking about, stop with the games

How do you know they aren’t better off? What if somebody made the case that the Holocaust bonded Jews even more so and gave them extra perseverance and opportunity, especially here in the USA to put them in the positions they are in today. So because if this you should always mention that they are better off today because of the Holocaust whenever they say anything negative because that’s the more honest way to speak about the situation.

sounds pretty silly, right?
Idiotic. Jews would have remained in Europe, which is 1st world. Africa is 3rd world. You’re really stupid.

No the side that whites fought to end slavery and blacks are better off today because of the opportunities the USA has provided them. You knew exactly what I was talking about, stop with the games
And what you say in this post is 100% true. Stop playing games. The more you post the dumber you sound.

Forum List

Back