Minnesota GOP State Sen. votes against free school lunch, says he's never met hungry kids

Our local school system put everybody on free lunch (and free snacks for the ankle biters) in part because it was just easier than the headache of having to deal with collecting lunch money, getting crack addicts to fill out the paperwork and send proof of income for the free lunch program when it was just selective, etc. I believe the federal government covers the cost, or at least it used to.

Our local school system put everybody on free lunch (and free snacks for the ankle biters) in part because it was just easier than the headache of having to deal with collecting lunch money, getting crack addicts to fill out the paperwork and send proof of income for the free lunch program when it was just selective, etc. I believe the federal government covers the cost, or at least it used to.
The NSLP is a cash cow for school districts. It was instituted in part because the Army said it's greatest problem with new recruits after WWII was they were undernourished.

Districts will mandate school lunches for everyone to prevent poor children the embarrassment of getting a free lunch.

The problem I have with this is that it's enabling parents to not do their job as parents. There is a difference between helping and enabling. I read an article last year that said almost 80% of students here in the Clark County School District receive free lunch

The repubican party is all about being mean and cruel. They couldn't care less about children! That is a fact. They only care about promoting their religious pro rich crap and to hell with anyone that isn't.

As with all Government programs there is rampant fraud.
Bonzi works for a national company that provides food to schools and operates their programs.
treading lightly... but the percentage of kids getting assisted/free meals that truly need it... is a lower number than parents abusing the system.

The repubican party is all about being mean and cruel. They couldn't care less about children! That is a fact. They only care about promoting their religious pro rich crap and to hell with anyone that isn't.
many in your useless party can be mean and cruel too...and the die hards in that party are all about promoting their bullshit and to hell with anyone who isnt....

many in your useless party can be mean and cruel too...and the die hards in that party are all about promoting their bullshit and to hell with anyone who isnt....
The NSLP program is a voluntary program, said the spider to the fly. Like all cash cows it comes with a few regulations, (wink wink).

The NSLP is a cash cow for school districts. It was instituted in part because the Army said it's greatest problem with new recruits after WWII was they were undernourished.

It is also the justification for ag support programs. It is how the government inflates the price of dairy products. By setting a high floor, we pay more for milk so the guy with 50 cows gets the same price per gallon as a guy with 500 milkers.....and the schools get all the "free" cheese.

Forum List

Back