Militarization of Police- DHS

BriannaMichele

Jul 14, 2014
Michigan
Am I the only one who thinks that the police don't need Mine resistant ambush protected vehicles (MRAPS), military grade weapons and hollowpoint ammunition (1.6 billion rounds)? As far as I know, the violent crime rates declining. So why do we need this? I don't want to raise my children in a police state. What about you?

$ImageUploadedByUSMessageBoard.com1405534333.379920.jpg

•Pinky•

FBI's own stats show violent crime has decreased. (Libs PLEASE call me out on that!)

All that Equipment is there to support the Military Industrial Complex AND the Prison Industrial Complex.

FBI's own stats show violent crime has decreased. (Libs PLEASE call me out on that!)

All that Equipment is there to support the Military Industrial Complex AND the Prison Industrial Complex.

Didn't think about that-----they need SOMEONE to buy that stuff if the military isn't.

I don't mind police having access to an MRAP or other armored vehicle

Some situations under which police come under fire require an armored vehicle to protect the police and innocent civilians

So the type of weapon a police force has determines whether or not it is a police state? I don't understand how a gun rights activist would prevent authorities from having the weapons of their choice. Also, if you believe in state's rights...why wouldn't you wan't a prepared and able police force?

Some situations under which police come under fire require an armored vehicle to protect the police and innocent civilians
MRAP's are made for War Zones. In what situation would a Civilian P.D. need one?

MRAP's are made for War Zones. In what situation would a Civilian P.D. need one?

Hostage situation, sniper, suspected bomb

Suppose there is a sniper in the Clock Tower who is pinning down citizens in an open area. An armored vehicle to rescue them would come in handy

Woman trapped by Charles Whitman the Texas Tower sniper

Darehshori_1966_University_of_Texas.jpg

Last edited:

Deterrence?

When being attacked by teapers who have already threatened to use women and children on the front lines when they start their revolution?

Being able to arrest bad guys with weapons of equal value?

Moving into locations where this is heavy fire to gain the tactical advantage?

Fight terrorists in case the unthinkable happens?

To safely respond to terrorist attacks and threats?

I can think of more reasons...just tired of typing.

Why wouldn't you want your police force to protect you?

So the type of weapon a police force has determines whether or not it is a police state? I don't understand how a gun rights activist would prevent authorities from having the weapons of their choice. Also, if you believe in state's rights...why wouldn't you wan't a prepared and able police force?

Because when every department of the government has a police force they are far more inclined to use them irresponsibly. We need local cops and state cops and the FBI. we don't need DHS, IRS SWAT teams, water dept. police, fire protection police, etc. etc. etc.

Here is a list of all the Federal Police agencies. The vast majority are not needed, and are in fact interfering with each other.

Federal Law Enforcement Agencies

The Police Force doesn't protect you. They're there to take the report of something that has ALREADY HAPPENED! That and write you tickets for Jay Walking.
From MRAPWiki:
Proponents, such as Sgt. Dan Downing of the Morgan County Sheriff's Department, when speaking to Fox said the unique mine resistant capability is important because of "[veterans] who are coming out of the military that have the ability and knowledge to build I.E.D.'s and to defeat law enforcement techniques."
Veterans don't have the knowledge to build I.E.D.'s., Terrorists do.

But as you can see, DHS is trying to say that Returning Veterans are the threat, the Terrorists. You know, the ones YOU cheer for and applaud when you see them in airports, shake their hands, buy them happy meals.

THOSE are the threats. And anyone standing NEAR THEM of course.

Last edited:

Deterrence?

When being attacked by teapers who have already threatened to use women and children on the front lines when they start their revolution?

Who was attacked?

You don't know what the word "attack" means.

You will, though. And I anticipate you will cower behind any kid you can get your hands on.

I wouldn't say that they "need" them.

But they have them.

How does the police having MRAPs hurt you, or anyone else?

The Police Force doesn't protect you. They're there to take the report of something that has ALREADY HAPPENED! That and write you tickets for Jay Walking.
From MRAPWiki:
Proponents, such as Sgt. Dan Downing of the Morgan County Sheriff's Department, when speaking to Fox said the unique mine resistant capability is important because of "[veterans] who are coming out of the military that have the ability and knowledge to build I.E.D.'s and to defeat law enforcement techniques."

But as you can see, DHS is trying to say that Returning Veterans are the threat, the Terrorists. You know, the ones YOU cheer for and applaud when you see them in airports, shake their hands, buy them happy meals.

Our government is firing all the military personnel that might protect us.

People are stupid, and they're going to die because of it.

Because when every department of the government has a police force they are far more inclined to use them irresponsibly. We need local cops and state cops and the FBI. we don't need DHS, IRS SWAT teams, water dept. police, fire protection police, etc. etc. etc.

Here is a list of all the Federal Police agencies. The vast majority are not needed, and are in fact interfering with each other.

Federal Law Enforcement Agencies

But that is not the premise of the thread. The OP says we are becoming a police state because local forces are becoming too well armed.

Deterrence?

Who was attacked?

You don't know what the word "attack" means.

You will, though. And I anticipate you will cower behind any kid you can get your hands on.

Who was attacked??? You make no sense.

As for your continued threats of a Teaper attack...noted once again. I look forward to that day...and I assure you, I will not be cowering.

From MRAPWiki:

You get all of that from a single sentence made by a single Sgt. in a Sheriff's Department?

And a police force does indeed protect you.

Long time in the making. I've heard the author of this book on a few interviews. He's very interesting to listen to if you get a chance.

riseo-of-the-warrior-cop-radley-balko-copblock.png

militarize-police.jpg

281013check.jpg

Forum List

Back