Most MSM is mostly dishonest political propaganda now

Foxfyre

Eternal optimist
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 11, 2007
Desert Southwest USA
I put this in politics because it is mostly political rather than campaign related and we are dealing with a mostly political propaganda machine now instead of a free and open press. Discussion does not need to focus only on a dishonest media but on the dishonesty of all those putting out information.

Those still capable of logic, reason, critical and abstract thinking should be ever aware that whatever the MSM is pushing is likely not what the actual facts are.

This video is pure genius in illustrating the blatant and deliberate dishonesty of the MSM when it comes to Republicans and especially Donald Trump even as they bury or sugar coat honest negative news about Democrats and especially Biden.

Last edited:
I put this in politics because it is mostly political rather than campaign related and we are dealing with a mostly political propaganda machine now instead of a free and open press. Discussion does not need to focus only on a dishonest media but on the dishonesty of all
those putting out information.

Those still capable of logic, reason, critical and abstract thinking should be ever aware that whatever the MSM is pushing is likely not what the actual facts are.

This video is pure genius in illustrating the blatant and deliberate dishonesty of the MSM when it comes to Republicans and especially Donald Trump even as they bury or sugar coat honest negative news about Democrats and especially Biden.

Now? It's been that way for decades. Even back in the day when Walter Cronkite was "the most trusted man in America", he was spewing government propaganda for the Democrats. People had less knowledge back then because he was about the only game in town so there was no reason not to trust "the most trusted man in America". The guy watched baseball, ate apple pie, drove a Chevrolet, and was a shill for the Democratic party, even being considered a VP choice at one point.

Now? It's been that way for decades. Even back in the day when Walter Cronkite was "the most trusted man in America", he was spewing government propaganda for the Democrats. People had less knowledge back then because he was about the only game in town so there was no reason not to trust "the most trusted man in America". The guy watched baseball, ate apple pie, drove a Chevrolet, and was a shill for the Democratic party, even being considered a VP choice at one point.
Cronkite was much better than most newscasters these days however. He at least gave us the news. We all loved and trusted Peter Jennings too but he inadvertently showed his bias election night 1994 when Newt Gingrich led GOP reformers decidedly took strong control of both the House and Senate for the first time since 1955. A disgruntled Jennings characterized that as 'the voters had a temper tantrum' and was never quite as trusted by his audience again.

It didn't get really bad and go completely off the rails until George W. Bush was elected in 2000. During his re-election campaign in 2004, Dan Rather, another of the national news big cheeses, used falsified and manufactured phony documents on CBS "60 Minutes" to discredit Bush's military record. He got caught and was forced to resign in disgrace.

The media has never learned its lesson apparently as it continues to use false documentation and spews all sorts of disinformation re Republicans while refusing to report or down playing or smoothing over negative news on Democrats. And of course the Democrats have used what is now their surrogate propaganda machine to good use to promote themselves and their unbelievably irresponsible initiatives.

Last edited:
Cronkite was much better than most newscasters these days however. He at least gave us the news. We all loved and trusted Peter Jennings too but he inadvertently showed his bias election night 1994 when Newt Gingrich led GOP reformers decidedly took strong control of both the House and Senate for the first time since 1955. A disgruntled Jennings characterized that as 'the voters had a temper tantrum' and was never quite as trusted by his audience again.

It didn't get really bad and go completely off the rails until George W. Bush was elected in 2000. During his re-election campaign in 2004, Dan Rather, another of the national news big cheeses, used falsified and manufactured phony documents on CBS "60 Minutes" to discredit Bush's military record. He got caught and was forced to resign in disgrace.

The media has never learned its lesson apparently as it continues to use false documentation and spews all sorts of disinformation re Republicans while refusing to report or down playing or smoothing over negative news on Democrats. And of course the Democrats have used what is now their surrogate propaganda machine to good use to promote themselves and their unbelievably irresponsible initiatives.
If the Dan Rather thing had happened today, nothing would happen to him. I'm actually surprised something happened to him back then. That could have actually been the turning point where the media has gone downhill ever since. That was their last gasp of fairness.

I put this in politics because it is mostly political rather than campaign related and we are dealing with a mostly political propaganda machine now instead of a free and open press. Discussion does not need to focus only on a dishonest media but on the dishonesty of all those putting out information.

And in other news, FOX has paid out a billion dollars for being dishonest, with what looks like another billion penalty coming.

Most MSM is mostly dishonest political propaganda now for the last 50 years.​

Fixed it. I will grant you that it is much more blatant now.
IMG_0877.jpeg

I've been saying since 2005 that journalism was dead. That hasn't changed, it's still all advocacy all the time.

a dishonest media but on the dishonesty of all those putting out information.
Yup, very dishonest.

How about a video of the right wing news media doing the EXACT same thing.
That would be Honest on Your part if you truly cared and showed the LIES from BOTH sides of the media.
FoxNews, OOAN, and Newsmax are also the MSM.

Fake news

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
If the Dan Rather thing had happened today, nothing would happen to him. I'm actually surprised something happened to him back then. That could have actually been the turning point where the media has gone downhill ever since. That was their last gasp of fairness.
Back then the media still had some semblance of self respect and integrity despite its decidedly leftist slant. It doesn't any more so you're right. Dan Rather wouldn't even get a slap on the wrist now. Rachel Maddow can build a following and become a household name by using falsified and made up documentation and information to smear Trump and nobody even criticizes her.

Most MSM is mostly dishonest political propaganda now for the last 50 years.​

Fixed it. I will grant you that it is much more blatant now.
View attachment 950969
It used to be a respectable profession that I was proud to be part of. It started changing, however, in the 1980's, got much worse in the twenty years following that, and now is no longer a free and open press but rather a propaganda arm of the Democrat party.

Please explain to me like I'm five, why is this important? The talking heads on the tube aren't talking to me, because I like to watch Bonanza reruns instead. Did I win?

• Winner
Reactions: IM2
I've been saying since 2005 that journalism was dead. That hasn't changed, it's still all advocacy all the time.

Pretty much. No argument from me there except that there are a few still out there doing honest journalism. They're getting harder and harder to find though because Microsoft and Google and most of social media are suppressing them as much as possible.

Yup, very dishonest.

How about a video of the right wing news media doing the EXACT same thing.
That would be Honest on Your part if you truly cared and showed the LIES from BOTH sides of the media.
FoxNews, OOAN, and Newsmax are also the MSM.
LOL the 5% of the news media that's right leaning spends most of their time batting down all the LIES from the 95% of the news media that's in the tank for Democrats.

Forum List

Back