middle-aged man 'marries 12-year-old girl in seaside wedding'

west must respect their culture ? or do something about it?

A little girl of 12-years-old, wearing make-up, poses for photographs as she appears to marry a middle-aged man in this shocking wedding video.

This horrifying footage also seems to show her suit-clad husband, who is at least four decades older than her, clinging on to her.

Shot in Lebanon, the video has sparked an international outcry.

But, thankfully, the child bride and her groom were actors hired by the campaign group KAFA - which means “enough” in Arabic.

Amassing more than 1.7 million views since it was released, the clip offers up a window into another world where thousands of young girls in Lebanon, Syria and around the world who are forced into marriage.

Have your say in our comments section below

Youtube / KAFALebanon
child-bride-in-Lebanon.jpg

This 'wedding of a middle-aged man and 12-year-old girl' sparked fury

Thank God! I thought this might be a Delta4E thread. :D

what is Delta4E ?!!!
Someone who has been missing in action for so long, I'm beginning to think he finally met. . .
1188994406433346a87dgi3.jpg

"Married at age of 12"

That's not called "marriage"
That's called "rape"...

If that girl knows how a marriage is supposed to be already, then great, but to marry someone who is that much older than her this soon in my opinion is where something like this is over the line wrong. How can a 12 year old get married when legally you have to be at least 17 or 18?

God bless you and the girl always!!!

Holly

P.S. Doesn't a 17 year old have to have parental consent since they are still under age at that time?

west must respect their culture ? or do something about it?

A little girl of 12-years-old, wearing make-up, poses for photographs as she appears to marry a middle-aged man in this shocking wedding video.

This horrifying footage also seems to show her suit-clad husband, who is at least four decades older than her, clinging on to her.

Shot in Lebanon, the video has sparked an international outcry.

But, thankfully, the child bride and her groom were actors hired by the campaign group KAFA - which means “enough” in Arabic.

Amassing more than 1.7 million views since it was released, the clip offers up a window into another world where thousands of young girls in Lebanon, Syria and around the world who are forced into marriage.

Have your say in our comments section below

Youtube / KAFALebanon
child-bride-in-Lebanon.jpg

This 'wedding of a middle-aged man and 12-year-old girl' sparked fury

I thought it was going to be this

Zetz-Family-4.jpg

Where a dying Father walked his Daughter down the aisle in a mock wedding.

I had to call my Daughter after seeing that. I'm glad to be lucky enough to have done it in a real wedding.

I know the picture was to protest child marriage........ but it looks a bit like a first communion celebration

Must I remind everyone Benjamin got married at age of 10 in the book of Jasher, how old do you think his bride was??

The girl Mohammad married gets younger and younger every time I read it . Many times they married to bring tribes together, but in those days they did not consummate a marriage till the woman's first menses.

We have a problem with the child sexual predators all over really, even in the US.
Jasher? Two ten year olds getting married for tribal unity is one thing. A grown man like Mohamed tapping on a little girls starting her period is sick. If it's true he was emotionally unstable.

Really. Yes Jasher , (you may be aware or not in the OT little boy Benji had 10 kids when he met Joseph, I can bet his brothers married at a young age as well, or you can read the Jewish encyclopedia about him. Mohammed , I read it was a nine year old and it was for tribal reasons as well.

Forum List

Back