Michelle Obama criticizes Trump school lunch decision

"
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Michelle Obama on Friday criticized a Trump administration decision to delay federal rules aimed at making school lunch healthier, saying kids will end up "eating crap" instead.

Mrs. Obama told an annual health conference in Washington that more nutritionally sound school lunches are needed since millions of kids eat federally subsidized breakfast and lunch at school. Without mentioning President Donald Trump by name, she urged parents to think about the government's decision and "look at motives."

"You have to stop and think, 'Why don't you want our kids to have good food at school? What is wrong with you and why is that a partisan issue?" Mrs. Obama said. "Why would that be political?"

News from The Associated Press

Shut up you twit, nobody gives a rats ass what you think.
You`re telling us that you`re a lard ass and you want your children to be like you. Dismissed!
You fucking snowflakes are so predictable.. " tell me what to do.. I cant make a decision... tell me what to think my almighty government masters..."

As a parent I taught my children how to choose wisely. Its not the governments job, ITS MINE!.. NOW go to your safe space where your told to do everything.. Fucking left wing morons!

You are full
Of shit always Billypoo.

Then keep your business and your family to yourself and stay out of this topic.

Are you saying only the left wants the kids to eat less sodium? Are you saying the right tards wants their kids to be obese and diabetic.
This is not about left and right stupid. This is about feeding these kids with healthier food. Not McDonald's.

Deafening silence BillyBob?

i don't give a feck about YOUR kids , thats YOUR business Charwin .

If you don't care then what the hell you keep posting stupid stuff and racist crap? I don't give a feck about your kids Pismoe piece of shit.

At least I am responsible citizen trying to convince ignorant fuck like you who is trying to insist salty food is good.
My kids are very healthy I feed them and trained them very well to respect and behave all races. They grow up very decent.
Based from all your post you are just a piece rotten full of crap and scumbag.
------------------------------------------------Hey Charwin , hey I never mentioned Salty foods . I do not post racist insults or banter as most board members will attest . I am also mostly polite as I watch my language Char , may I call you Char Charwin !! Anyway , your kids and what they eat is none of my or 'mochelles' business Char !!. ------------------- BREAKING News , by the way , the 'norks' just fired off a new missile test and Japan is protesting . Some talking heads on telly are saying that Trump MAY have to do something . Its just been reported that TRUMP has been informed Char .

As our kids just get fatter and fatter. Yes we do care. Good health starts in childhood.

Your solution?

Keep in mind that what Michelle Obama mandated was ending up in trash cans.

While kids who eat as dump recommends are fat and diabetic.

I'm a firm believer in teaching kids good nutrition and then being the adult in the home.

And, long before FLOTUS Michelle's suggestions

(there was never a "mandate") -

Kids were throwing trashy fatty garbage "food" away.

I know because I saw it.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Yea I really want that bitch telling my kid what to eat. Who the hell wants this?

5201614_G.jpg

Then let those kids grow up obese like everyone else.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- i only concern myself with MY kids . Everyone elses kids are none of my business Charwin !!

You can feed your kids however you want--------- but making racial remarks at the same time criticizing what is best for the kids just for the sake of Trump against better nutritious food is dumb and ignorant.
------------------------------------------------------ as I told you Char , I stay away from racial insults . As far as better food for kids , that's a decision to be made by parents rather than 'mochelle obama' Char !!

'michelle' is big momma eh ?? But to answer the question its partly because there should be NO school breakfasts and the second reason is that Parents should control what their kids eat at school lunch by being active in public schools , PTA and telling schools what they want their kids to eat . Or send the kids with bagged lunches ,

If the parents were paid a living wage instead of "earned income credits" and food stamps, and they could afford breakfast lunch and dinner for their kids. Until then, you're subsidizing their kids.
If parents are having children when they don't even make a living wage, they are criminally negligent and abusing their children.

It's about what kind of food the school caf feeds the kids. Michelle's plan was for more healthy food, and like she said "what's wrong with people who don't want our kids to eat healthy food?"
It isn't up to DC, local school boards can figure it out. How did we survive before?
Before? The kids all became fat slobs. Michelle was trying to turn that around and set some national standards going forward.
Wrong. I was alive before Michelle came around. I'm older than her by far. The kids are fatter than ever today and blaming it on school lunches is silly.
Not blaming it solely on school lunches but having healthier stuff to eat is a positive thing for kids. What the fuck is wrong with you? You're letting partisan politics get in the way of feeding children. Making you a fucking douchebag of the soggiest order.
What a maggot. I don't want government controlling everything we eat. You can go eat shit for all I care. We had healthy food in schools back in the 50s to 70s so you don't know what you're babbling about in the first place. And many of us brought lunches and we did it without some totalitarian power freak like you!
When I was a kid, I used to get fifty cents for school lunch. My best friend and I would take our lunch money and buy candy sticks ( I forget what they were called, but they were clear hard candy in a flat stick about four inches long and a half-inch wide) for a nickel each. We'd sell them at school for a quarter each. We'd still get our school lunch (school lunches sucked even back in the 70's) and make a profit from it too. By the weekend, we'd have nearly ten bucks on us.

and its funny , they end up calling names from waddlers to the old FAT thats supposed to be an insult but all this rather mild name calling does is show that the lefties , dems , liberals are name callers with nothing to say !!
"lefties , dems , liberals are name callers with nothing to say" Really?? It is the childish bullies and morons of all ages and political strips who do that.

Let me tell you something. I wish that Michelle had been around when I was a kid in the 50s and 60s . Neither I or the adults in my life had any concept of what healthy eating was. The school lunches were terrible. Unhealthy and not palatable. At home. I was fed a steady diet of fatty meat, white pasta and bread, sweets and few fresh vegetables or fruits. I was known as the fat boy of 58 street. I don't know how fat I was but probably not as fat as the kids are today. As an adult, I was fortunate to become involved in the health food movement and learned how to really eat. I learned that eating is a total experience and how you feel about what you put into your body is as important, if not more so, than the immediate gratification of fat and salt. As time went on, I learned more about food and learned more about how to choose and prepare foods that are BOTH satisfying and that I can feel good about. I am now 69 years old, in great shape, and have had a long and productive life, and I'm still going strong. Never a heart attack or diabetes . That would not be the case if I remained on the path that I was on as a kid. What do you want for the future of our young people ? For the future of your kids and grand kids?

Strange, I too went to school in the 50's and 60's and our school lunches were quite good. I believe it was $0.35 for lunch. I too had white bread at home and often took two bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwich on white bread with mayonnaise. After dinner, at an actual table with both my parents of meat, potato's and a vegetable, and before bed, I'd have a pint of ice cream and a package of frozen strawberries. I was not fat. In school we had recess and we had an hour of PE. When we got home, we played outside until dinner, after we ate, if it was light, we went out and played again until either the street lights started to come in when we lived in Chicago or it got dark, in rural Miami.

Today I'd be sitting on a couch with my buddies playing video games. Yep, I'd be fat.

As our kids just get fatter and fatter. Yes we do care. Good health starts in childhood.

Your solution?

Michelle did not and could not "mandate" anything. Fat kids of fat teabagger types did indeed throw healthy food in the trash. They didn`t know what is was. They want to look like ma and pa and stiff the rest of us with their medical care.

lunches were good in the mid 50s and 60s and lots of stuff was fresh made . Lunch Lady's , ACTUAL Mothers that knew how to cook did the cooking rather than cutting open trays of precooked frozen food and yeah it was good stuff . Same experience with playing out of doors and a similar supper at home with Mom , Dad and the 5 kids . I was always called BIG , at 17 I was 6'3" and 217 pounds . I was probably bigger , taller than my average height parents in 1963 at the age of 13 or 14 .

Last edited:

Your solution?

Michelle did not and could not "mandate" anything. Fat kids of fat teabagger types did indeed throw healthy food in the trash. They didn`t know what is was. They want to look like ma and pa and stiff the rest of us with their medical care.
------------------------------------------------------------------ just keep working , pay those taxes and keep your check book ready . And geez [off topic] , did you ever check out the size of some third world imports into the USA . Checkout the heart attack inducing diets of many of the third worlders from south of the border that are coming into the USA ?? Lard eatin is a specialty south of the border down mexico way August !!

Yea I really want that bitch telling my kid what to eat. Who the hell wants this?

5201614_G.jpg

Then let those kids grow up obese like everyone else.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- i only concern myself with MY kids . Everyone elses kids are none of my business Charwin !!

You can feed your kids however you want--------- but making racial remarks at the same time criticizing what is best for the kids just for the sake of Trump against better nutritious food is dumb and ignorant.

Specifically what did Airplanemechanic say that was racial? Nothing.

This probably comes as an utter shock to you but different races and ethnic groups eat drastically different tastes in their menu. As a Scandinavian, I probably eat more fish than the typical American. Scandinavians also eat a lot of fat, which, being that they live in a typically cool to frigid country, is a good thing. We have a traditional Christmas cookie that is not baked in the oven but deep fried in lard.
Fattigman
Fattigman Recipe - Food.com

My point is, have you ever eaten at a restaurant serving soul food?

One thing I have not seen in the posts I have read, which is not nearly all of them, is RECIPES.

Instead of going from whatever the kids will eat to all fresh vegetables, low sodium, low fat, low taste, some testing could have gone into recipes meeting somewhere in the middle and foods they would eagerly eat.

I grew up in the U.P. of Michigan . Lots of Swedes , Finns and Chippewa Indians . Beautiful and lightly populated and its right on Lake Superior , my parents owned 10 acres right on the Lake . Nothing but trees , rivers the lake , little lakes , huge snow , colder than heck and we have moose , wolves , bear , cougar and lots of little varmints . I'd go to work at 30 - 40 or more below zero . I worked on a Railroad . I am not Finn or Swede and am not a fish eater although I like / love Cod and Pollock battered and I like Cod poached or baked but always prefer battered and fried . Also like other mild tasting white fish . I am a meat eater and love sausage but I eat lots of vegetables because it only makes sense . ------------------------- Anyway one Christmas we were given some LUTEFISK , do you eat Lutefisk and the question is , do you like it Markie ??

Last edited:
Fine.
That doesn't mean kids should eat unhealthy food and follow your bad habits.
I bet you are an obese person.

And I bet you're fucking wrong too. i'm 5'7 160lbs. I work out every day and I'm very fit. Over an hour a day hard core workout. What do you do? I bet I'm fucking healthier than you.

Last edited:
So tired of the leftie advertising tricks, so Moosh, here's the thing.
Having good food in schools is something BOTH PARTIES and all rational thinkers want. Just because we don't support YOUR approach of filling trash cans full of your idea of lunch because our kids refuse to eat it, is not the answer. That's all.

Advertising ploy:
Moms and Dads, we all know that kids need vitamins, right? Well then buy our vitamin enriched juice if you love your kid. If you don't buy it you must not want the best for your child. You are a horrible parent if you don't buy YumYum Juice. Why do you hate your children?

I am sure that is a lie, the trash cans filling up, a GOP lie.

No...it's not......the kids do not eat vegetables or fruit.....if you have kids check it out.....
Mine did 'cause that's what was on the table and in the fridge from the time he could eat. Fruit juice, apples, carrots, celery, melon, salad. Did he LIKE brownies, chips, etc. etc.? Sure. He didn't find them at home, though, except on really special occassions.

And that is how it should be.....but having the government step in is not going to fix that problem.....

One thing I have not seen in the posts I have read, which is not nearly all of them, is RECIPES.

Instead of going from whatever the kids will eat to all fresh vegetables, low sodium, low fat, low taste, some testing could have gone into recipes meeting somewhere in the middle and foods they would eagerly eat.
---------------------------------------------------------- generally speaking , my only objection to 'michelle obama' being involved in school lunches is that it is not any of her business to be involved in school lunches outside of her own kids . My kids are grown so I never paid attention to her program and no matter if it was good or bad it is not any of her business what other peoples kids eat . That's the crux of the matter , at least for me . The issue of healthy school lunches should be the decision of parents and their local schools PTA and not some busybody 'michelle obama' that picked an issue to go after . ------------------ just a comment !!

I grew up in the U.P. of Michigan . Lots of Swedes , Finns and Chippewa Indians . Beautiful and lightly populated ,and its right on Lake Superior , my parents owned 10 acres right on the Lake . Nothing but trees , rivers the lake , little lakes , huge snow , colder than heck and we have moose , wolves , bear , cougar and lots of little varmints . I'd go to work at 30 - 40 or more below zero . I worked on a Railroad . I am not Finn or Swede and am not a fish eater although I like / love Cod and Pollock battered and I like Cod poached or baked but always prefer battered and fried . Also like other mild tasting white fish . I am a meat eater and love sausage but I eat lots of vegetables because it only makes sense . ------------------------- Anyway one Christmas we were given some LUTEFISK , do you eat Lutefisk and the question is , do you like it Markie ??

YES! I grew up eating Lutefisk as a young child in Chicago so it wasn't an acquired taste, it is a special treat. One for which I have no competition. We, grandparents, parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, friends ALWAYS had it at our Christmas dinner. Adults with a lot of ice-cold aquavit. I still eat it here in Tallahassee Florida but have to have it shipped here from Wisconsin, Michigan or Minnesota. My father's mother was widowed and owned a Norwegian delicatessen but usually, she supplied the dried cod and my mothers, mother (Mor-Mor) prepared the dinner frequently for 30 or more people.

All my grandparents were from Norway except one from Denmark. Starting school I spoke sort of a mix of English and Norwegian with a seasoning of Danish.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back