Obama fears Trump reelection, suggests Biden campaign revamp

Obama fears Trump reelection, suggests Biden campaign revamp​

7 Jan 2024 ~~ By Jim VandeHei

Lots of high-level Democrats are warning that President Biden and his reelection team are too complacent — and unimaginative — about the threat of losing to Donald Trump, sources tell us.
  • The latest alarm was sounded Saturday in a leak to The Washington Post about a private meeting in which former President Obama pointed Biden to a different way to attack this campaign. We're told it was a lunch just before the holidays. Obama pushed Biden to consider moving his political operation outside of — and beyond — his White House advisers, as the former president had done with his Chicago-based 2012 reelection team.
  • "Obama also recommended that Biden seek counsel from Obama's own former campaign aides, which Biden officials say they have done," The Post added.
    Why it matters: "Someone wants to light a fire under the asses of some of these people," a top Democratic strategist told us. Jim Messina, manager of Obama's 2016 reelection campaign, often warns Democrats not to be worrywart "bedwetters." The strategist added: "It's hard to call it bedwetting when it's Barack Obama."

What's happening: Biden's reelection campaign has long projected a calm confidence about beating Trump if that rematch comes to be. The gist of what you hear from both the White House and the campaign's HQ in Wilmington, Del: "It's fine. We've got this."
  • But many high-level Democrats think it's not fine. They fear the president's political machine hasn't found the sweet spot between a chill Zen and dangerous complacency — and has been way too Zen.
~Snip~
Top Democrats were relieved Friday by Biden's passionate opening speech of '24. In fiery remarks in Valley Forge, Pa. — coinciding with the third anniversary of the Jan. 6 storming of the Capitol by Trump supporters — Biden warned: "Democracy is on the ballot. Your freedom is on the ballot."
  • Biden name-checked Trump 44 times in the half-hour speech. He drew applause when he needled the former president on his drive to overturn the 2020 results: "I had won the election and he was a loser."
  • Some of the Dems we talked to see the speech as the campaign's "we get it" moment.
~Snip~
Behind the scenes: The disconnect behind Bidenworld and some Democratic elites was crystallized by a conference call the campaign hosted Wednesday for Democratic surrogates and pundits, some of them household names. The call was designed to convey talking points, not strategy.
  • But some of the analysts, including White House alumni, thought the points were the kind you could hear from the podium.
"We are well aware that Donald Trump is bad," one of the pundits said. "We know how to make that case. We wanted more: 'This is where we are, and we hear ya.' … If it was intended to reassure us in the wake of all these bad polls, it didn't do that."

Commentary:
I don’t think you can “revamp” the Biden campaign anymore than going to Valley Forge similar to his Philadelphia speech sans the Dark scene and trash millions of patriotic, America-loving Americans. Obama’s African Communism isn’t taking with the public the way it used to.
Democrats know they are in deep trouble.
Biden really thinks he is President.
Meanwhile Obama’s DEI push is fractured.
Americans are tired of being lectured to by children.
The big surprise is the GOP has finally woken up from their 30 year slumber.
The Republican machine does a great job at messaging. Trump is a master. Take crime, it is actually down, at least violent crime. But you wouldn't know that if you listen to Trump and the Republicans.

And that is just it. The Democrats do a terrible job at messaging. I mean Biden has done a hell of a job. The recession that was supposed to be here, it ain't happened. I mean we are seriously looking at a soft landing. Unemployment, by all rights, it should be spiking, it ain't happened. Sure, inflation has been a problem, easily attributable to Trump doing everything short of dropping cash from helicopters. But now, wage gains are outstripping inflation.

Oil production, natural gas production, we are the world's leader. And yeah, we have made great strides at reducing our carbon footprint. Funny, Biden can chew gum and walk at the same time.

I mean the fatass orange man can bitch all he wants. What Democrats should be asking is what nation, what government, has came out of the Covid crisis in a better position than us? Come on you Trumptards, name one?

And while that should be the foundation of the Democrat message what should not be left out, and why the Valley Forge speech is so important, is that Republicans don't give two shits about "democracy". At this point, they have abandoned all hope of getting a consensus from the public for their positions. Abortion is a case in point. Now, it is about achieving their objectives by hook or crook. Making it harder to vote, for certain demographics. Stacking the courts with right wing, Federalist society judges that have no problem with judicial activism. And hell, when all else fails, well damn, just storm Congress and take control with violence.

I mean who the hell does Biden think he is? Lowering drug costs for millions of seniors. Capping the cost of insulin. WTF, drug companies need to make damn money, and shareholders need to get their dividends. And who the hell cares what the "majority" wants. And dammit, if some seniors have to eat cat food because they don't have any other funds, so be it.

And the one that really gets me. The one that absolutely screams bullshit. The IRS agent shit. I mean damn it, rich people need to be able to cheat on their taxes. I mean come on, only peons pay taxes. So, let's defund the IRS, let Richy Rich skate by paying nothing while Joe Sixpack gets hammered. I mean that is what you Republican morons are supporting and it is past time that wasn't bought to the forefront.

When Trump wins he will have defeated Biden Obama the democrat controlled media, the RINOs the DOJ and the FBI. And that is a good thing.
Definitely a good thing! I just hope that the Biden ends up truly being the nominee. If he’s this demented now, imagine what he could be in six months. The Dems will panic and find a way to get rid of him.

Definitely a good thing! I just hope that the Biden ends up truly being the nominee. If he’s this demented now, imagine what he could be in six months. The Dems will panic and find a way to get rid of him.
I want to see him, Piglosi, Schiff, Schumer, Garland, Wray, Clinton and Obama all thrown in the clink for treason.

It’s all Obiden talk to make it appear Elections are legit, was legit. Total BS. Don’t be fooled. Trump policy has 65-70% support. They have to cheat.

The MSM & Congress harrassed and falsely distorted public perception.

Last edited:

Obama fears Trump reelection, suggests Biden campaign revamp​

7 Jan 2024 ~~ By Jim VandeHei

Lots of high-level Democrats are warning that President Biden and his reelection team are too complacent — and unimaginative — about the threat of losing to Donald Trump, sources tell us.
  • The latest alarm was sounded Saturday in a leak to The Washington Post about a private meeting in which former President Obama pointed Biden to a different way to attack this campaign. We're told it was a lunch just before the holidays. Obama pushed Biden to consider moving his political operation outside of — and beyond — his White House advisers, as the former president had done with his Chicago-based 2012 reelection team.
  • "Obama also recommended that Biden seek counsel from Obama's own former campaign aides, which Biden officials say they have done," The Post added.
    Why it matters: "Someone wants to light a fire under the asses of some of these people," a top Democratic strategist told us. Jim Messina, manager of Obama's 2016 reelection campaign, often warns Democrats not to be worrywart "bedwetters." The strategist added: "It's hard to call it bedwetting when it's Barack Obama."

What's happening: Biden's reelection campaign has long projected a calm confidence about beating Trump if that rematch comes to be. The gist of what you hear from both the White House and the campaign's HQ in Wilmington, Del: "It's fine. We've got this."
  • But many high-level Democrats think it's not fine. They fear the president's political machine hasn't found the sweet spot between a chill Zen and dangerous complacency — and has been way too Zen.
~Snip~
Top Democrats were relieved Friday by Biden's passionate opening speech of '24. In fiery remarks in Valley Forge, Pa. — coinciding with the third anniversary of the Jan. 6 storming of the Capitol by Trump supporters — Biden warned: "Democracy is on the ballot. Your freedom is on the ballot."
  • Biden name-checked Trump 44 times in the half-hour speech. He drew applause when he needled the former president on his drive to overturn the 2020 results: "I had won the election and he was a loser."
  • Some of the Dems we talked to see the speech as the campaign's "we get it" moment.
~Snip~
Behind the scenes: The disconnect behind Bidenworld and some Democratic elites was crystallized by a conference call the campaign hosted Wednesday for Democratic surrogates and pundits, some of them household names. The call was designed to convey talking points, not strategy.
  • But some of the analysts, including White House alumni, thought the points were the kind you could hear from the podium.
"We are well aware that Donald Trump is bad," one of the pundits said. "We know how to make that case. We wanted more: 'This is where we are, and we hear ya.' … If it was intended to reassure us in the wake of all these bad polls, it didn't do that."

Commentary:
I don’t think you can “revamp” the Biden campaign anymore than going to Valley Forge similar to his Philadelphia speech sans the Dark scene and trash millions of patriotic, America-loving Americans. Obama’s African Communism isn’t taking with the public the way it used to.
Democrats know they are in deep trouble.
Biden really thinks he is President.
Meanwhile Obama’s DEI push is fractured.
Americans are tired of being lectured to by children.
The big surprise is the GOP has finally woken up from their 30 year slumber.
Obama needs to chill. Joes got this

Trump made the comments nearly seven years ago about Hillary Clinton during the 2016 presidential campaign.

“We could very well have a sitting president under felony indictment and ultimately a criminal trial,” Trump said during a November 5, 2016, campaignrally in Reno, Nevada, reviewed by CNN’s KFile. “It would grind government to a halt.”

Delusion isn't just a river in Egypt.
House Republicans’ anti-border security record is defined by attempting to cut Customs and Border Protection personnel, opposing President Biden’s record-breaking border security funding, and refusing to take up the President’s supplemental funding request.

GOP’s rejection of Biden’s supplemental funding package, which included money to hire new border agents, asylum officers and immigration judges, as well as technology to combat the flow of fentanyl. White House officials also note that Republicans rejected the comprehensive immigration reform plan the president introduced shortly after he took office.

Guess that's another sign Biden will be the man in 2024. I can't believe it's Jan and not one other democrat has tried to run for presidency, republicans have had quite a few big debates, rallies, speeches, campaigning and so on. But it's pretty much just been joe and he hasn't even been trying which tells me they are going to cheat or do something.

It still amazes me they don't think "trump has legions of loyal supporters. Well he wants America to be great, he doesn't want illegals, he doesn't like crime, doesn't like drugs, and he wants all these things are great for America. Maybe we should do what he is doing."

Forum List

Back