MBS asked about Biden wanting to investigate killing of Saudi journalist...“Simply, I do not care, It’s up to him to think about the interests of USA"

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
The killing in the consulate is a serious matter about human rights and freedom of speech and liberty. MBS should be the 1st to want to get to the bottom of it, unless he doesn't want to!

The killing in the consulate is a serious matter about human rights and freedom of speech and liberty. MBS should be the 1st to want to get to the bottom of it, unless he doesn't want to!

Somehow I get the feeling that you think that Turkey or the Saudis give a shit about human rights, freedom of speech or liberty. Time to grow up little man.

• Banned
Somehow I get the feeling that you think that Turkey or the Saudis give a shit about human rights, freedom of speech or liberty. Time to grow up little man.
MBS cares! he'd be the MLK of KSA if it weren't for the Khashoggi killing

You've never been to Turkey or Saudi Arabia.

Hey, we have a guy with 6000 nukes going bananas in Europe.

Who the fuck cares about a guy who died a few years ago?

Saudi Arabia does lots of evil shit….but they sit on a valuable natural resource, so its ok. Move on.

You should open a gay embassy over there. Go for it.
All the cities have gay communities. As a culture they don't have public affection. It's a bit like the US in the 1970s. Unspoken.

Hey, we have a guy with 6000 nukes going bananas in Europe.

Who the fuck cares about a guy who died a few years ago?

Saudi Arabia does lots of evil shit….but they sit on a valuable natural resource, so its ok. Move on.
What evil shit?

All the cities have gay communities. As a culture they don't have public affection. It's a bit like the US in the 1970s. Unspoken.
I don't see public affection anywhere gay or straight.

The way they treat gays, migrants, women.

That evil shit.

Who cares about one journalist that an evil Saudi Prince killed?

Already many have died in Ukraine.
Nonsense. I lived there many years. Most of the pundits have never been there. I know king Salman and he's a fine man. Killing Kashoggi is just not their style. He was living in exile because he was a friend of Osama bin Laden and wanted to overthrow the government. The suderi seven have an excellent reputation for the past 70 years.

excerpts:

Asked about the murder of Jamal Khashoggi, Mohammed bin Salman said, “If that’s the way we did things, Khashoggi would not even be among the top 1,000 people on the list.”

The Khashoggi murder fixed a view of the crown prince as brutish, thin-skinned, and psychopathic. Among those who share a dark appraisal of MBS is President Joe Biden, who has so far refused to speak with him. Many in Washington and other Western capitals hope his rise to the throne might still be averted.

But within the kingdom, MBS’s succession is understood as inevitable. “Ask any Saudi, anyone at all, whether MBS will be king,” a senior Saudi diplomat told me. “If there are people in Washington who think he will not be, then I cannot help them. I am not a psychiatrist.”

Even MBS’s critics concede that he has roused the country from an economic and social slumber. In 2016, he unveiled a plan, known as Vision 2030, to convert Saudi Arabia from—allow me to be blunt—one of the world’s weirdest countries into a place that could plausibly be called normal. It is now open to visitors and investment, and lets its citizens partake in ordinary acts of recreation and even certain vices. The crown prince has legalized cinemas and concerts, and invited notably raw hip-hop artists to perform.

He has also created a climate of fear unprecedented in Saudi history. Saudi Arabia has never been a free country. But even the most oppressive of MBS’s predecessors, his uncle King Faisal, never presided over an atmosphere like that of the present day, when it is widely believed that you place yourself in danger if you criticize the ruler or pay even a mild compliment to his enemies. MBS’s critics—not regicidal zealots or al‑Qaeda sympathizers, just ordinary people with independent thoughts about his reforms—have gone into exile. Some fear that if he keeps getting his way, the modernized Saudi Arabia will oppress in ways the old Saudi Arabia never imagined. Khalid al-Jabri, the exiled son of one of MBS’s most prominent critics, warned me that worse was yet to come: “When he’s King Mohammed, Crown Prince MBS is going to be remembered as an angel.”

In our meetings, the crown prince was charming, warm, informal, and intelligent. But even at its most affable, absolute monarchy cannot escape weirdness. For our first meeting, MBS summoned us to a remote palace by the Red Sea, his family’s COVID bunker. The protocols were multilayered: a succession of PCR tests by nurses from the Royal Clinics; a Gulfstream jet in the middle of the night from Riyadh; a convoy from a deserted airstrip; a surrender of electronic devices; a stopover at a mysterious guesthouse visible in satellite photos but unmarked on Google Maps. He invited us to his palace at about 1:30 a.m., and we spoke for nearly two hours.

(will post more later)

Nonsense. I lived there many years. Most of the pundits have never been there. I know king Salman and he's a fine man. Killing Kashoggi is just not their style. He was living in exile because he was a friend of Osama bin Laden and wanted to overthrow the government. The suderi seven have an excellent reputation for the past 70 years.
What about all of their "servants" that claim they are held against their will and abused?

Forum List

Back