Maybe, just maybe,that felony conviction of yours will no longer keep you from owning a gun.

You would be surprised as to what is a considered a felony. Shooting the wrong type of duck while on hunt ,is a felony. You lose ,gun ,auto. drivers license, voting rights. and a lot of other things.
If owning a gun legally is important to you, maybe you just shouldn't do those things. Nobody making you go out and commit crimes. If you do not even know the type of duck you are shooting at, you are too stupid, blind or careless to be trusted with a gun anyway.

Do you really think it's a good idea to give a spouse abuser or a stalker legal access to firearms? I don't.
The cop-calling whores and their motorcycle-club boyfriends have got to go.

I am intrigued-----just what group consists of
"cop-calling whore"------and their "motorcycle
club 'pimps'" Generally those groupies avoid
the cops like the plague

If your felony conviction did not involve violence you may soon be able to buy a gun again and who knows, they may even strike down other barriers..like domestic raps...for stalking etc....Justice Barrett's Vote Could Tilt the Supreme Court on Gun Rights

Nope. Stalking conviction gets a lifetime ban from owning a firearm.
Petty misdemeanors we can talk about..but felonies? They usually involve violence...or the threat of violence.
I don't want people like that anywhere near a gun..legal or not.

There's a shitload of felonies that dont involve violence.

Do you really think it's a good idea to give a spouse abuser or a stalker legal access to firearms? I don't.
Nope..but this new SCOTUS judge might.

Then in my opinion, that person doesn't deserve to be on the SCOTUS.

There are precedents which permit voting by felons, its about what is LAWFUL, not whether its a "good idea".
Relevant point and existing laws are important for a society to run smoothly. I was still struck by your implication that a law should be caste in stone even if it's not considered a good idea. Did I put words in your mouth there? If so, it was unintentional.

Considering that states classify a particular felony in different ways, it doesn't seem fair to group them all together to determine voting rights, or any other rights following time served. Individuals commit crimes, and following that fact cases are, and should be, decided on an individual basis.

This is a good example of when a label goes wrong. Being a "felon" can instantly trigger many who hear that a neighbor is a convicted felon. Some felonies are nothing like another felony, think tampering with an odometer as a felony versus kidnapping, and it's important to keep the laws tweaked to fit the crime and to require just consequences.

The following link has a great way to review state felon voting laws. Most states use categories, some add subcategories, others strictly go by the crime to determine level or classification. My state uses 4 classifications, but the more I read about these states using 6 divisions that seems a better way to go. Crimes & Penalties by State

Hey, thanks for increasing my knowledge base about felons and voting rights.

Ya dumbass.
It specifically said for non violent offenders like tax evasion,you obviously didnt read the article.
You mean extortioners, loan sharks, and debt collectors can own firearms? That's non-violent, right, isn't it?

Did they harm anyone in the commission of those crimes?
Wait a minute,you told me that I was anti 2nd amendment.

If your felony conviction did not involve violence you may soon be able to buy a gun again and who knows, they may even strike down other barriers..like domestic raps...for stalking etc....Justice Barrett's Vote Could Tilt the Supreme Court on Gun Rights

Speak for yourself, Mr. Representative for Felons and Criminals. I passed a thorough criminal background check to obtain my carry permit. Felons should never be allowed firearms, nor should drug-users.
lots of gun owners doing prescription drugs.....

You're forgetting the newly voted for, pro-Marxist administration. When they are done, the Constitution, its Bill of Rights and gun ownership will be a thing of the past.
Been hearing that since JFK was POTUS...still waiting..

Forum List

Back