Maybe, just maybe,that felony conviction of yours will no longer keep you from owning a gun.

If owning a gun legally is important to you, maybe you just shouldn't do those things.
"Maybe" isn't good enough to avoid a ten-year federal felony sentence for felony felon in possession of an illegal firearm by a felon.
Nobody making you go out and commit crimes.
Sure they do. They slander your name with mental illness and all sorts of other trash that counts as a felony, whether it's something you ever did or not. If a family member or concerned citizen of the community feels that you should not own a firearm, then you lose that right automatically, and you cannot get it back.
If you do not even know the type of duck you are shooting at, you are too stupid, blind or careless to be trusted with a gun anyway.
It's time to pluck the feathers, fry the bird, and have dinner. If a rara avis shows up in court, the Audubon Society will be all over you with a felony charge for violating animal rights or some liberal shit like that.

If owning a gun legally is important to you, maybe you just shouldn't do those things.
"Maybe" isn't good enough to avoid a ten-year federal felony sentence for felony felon in possession of an illegal firearm by a felon.
Nobody making you go out and commit crimes.
Sure they do. They slander your name with mental illness and all sorts of other trash that counts as a felony, whether it's something you ever did or not. If a family member or concerned citizen of the community feels that you should not own a firearm, then you lose that right automatically, and you cannot get it back.
If you do not even know the type of duck you are shooting at, you are too stupid, blind or careless to be trusted with a gun anyway.
It's time to pluck the feathers, fry the bird, and have dinner. If a rara avis shows up in court, the Audubon Society will be all over you with a felony charge for violating animal rights or some liberal shit like that.
Don't whine to me. You should not have done what ever you did and you know.
On the other hand, you could just be a bleeding heart liberal, whining for the loss of right of felons in general. Raise your kids right and maybe they will keep the rights you treasure and the rest of us still enjoy, because we play by the rules.

Don't whine to me. You should not have done what ever you did and you know.
Do you need an epitaph on your headstone?
On the other hand, you could just be a bleeding heart liberal, whining for the loss of right of felons in general. Raise your kids right and maybe they will keep the rights you treasure and the rest of us still enjoy, because we play by the rules.
Because you sound like a Ku Klux Klan cop in a kilt, blowing the bagpipes at an F.O.P funeral. One of your buddies done kilt somebody over it, and you're lookin' for somebody else to frame. Not to mention you're a bleeding heart cop-loving liberal yourself, and your kind have never played by the rules you impose on the rest of us.

If your felony conviction did not involve violence you may soon be able to buy a gun again and who knows, they may even strike down other barriers..like domestic raps...for stalking etc....Justice Barrett's Vote Could Tilt the Supreme Court on Gun Rights

Speak for yourself, Mr. Representative for Felons and Criminals. I passed a thorough criminal background check to obtain my carry permit. Felons should never be allowed firearms, nor should drug-users.
lots of gun owners doing prescription drugs.....

The BATF Form 4473 doesn't prohibit those using prescription drugs from obtaining a firearm. The question on the form asks "Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana, or any depressant, stimulant, or narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802)?

That would not include lawful prescription drugs, but would include something like medical marijuana, since it's still a federally-controlled substance.

If your felony conviction did not involve violence you may soon be able to buy a gun again and who knows, they may even strike down other barriers..like domestic raps...for stalking etc....Justice Barrett's Vote Could Tilt the Supreme Court on Gun Rights

Speak for yourself, Mr. Representative for Felons and Criminals. I passed a thorough criminal background check to obtain my carry permit. Felons should never be allowed firearms, nor should drug-users.

The BATF Form 4473 doesn't prohibit those using prescription drugs from obtaining a firearm. The question on the form asks "Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana, or any depressant, stimulant, or narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802)?

That would not include lawful prescription drugs, but would include something like medical marijuana, since it's still a federally-controlled substance.
marijuana a federally-controlled substance.
thats legal in over half the states.....doesnt make much sense.....

Under Sessions the feds were raiding a lot of pot dispensaries in those states. They scaled back a lot on those raids after Sessions left.

Damned secessionists. 155 years ago, the federal government would have have shelled the hell out of those states for being Confederates.

The BATF Form 4473 doesn't prohibit those using prescription drugs from obtaining a firearm.
And the BATF has absolute power to revoke gun rights or to deny "prohibited persons" smeared, shitlisted and blackballed on NICS the right to purchase firearms, or to "plant-and-bust" firearms and file ten-year felony possession charges based on an entry in a computer database, without liability for repeating the unlawful libel and slander.
The question on the form asks "Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana, or any depressant, stimulant, or narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802)?
  1. If there IS cause to believe that someone is "using" or "addicted to" illegal drugs, then the proper course of action is to obtain an arrest warrant based on that probable cause.
  2. If there IS NOT cause to believe that someone is "using" or "addicted to" illegal drugs, then the question should not even be asked on a federal form, because it violates a natural person's Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination.
    A person who refuses to incriminate him- or herself as a user of illegal drugs should not lose the right to bear arms as a consequence of exercising that right.

The BATF Form 4473 doesn't prohibit those using prescription drugs from obtaining a firearm.
And the BATF has absolute power to revoke gun rights or to deny "prohibited persons" smeared, shitlisted and blackballed on NICS the right to purchase firearms, or to "plant-and-bust" firearms and file ten-year felony possession charges based on an entry in a computer database, without liability for repeating the unlawful libel and slander.
The question on the form asks "Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana, or any depressant, stimulant, or narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802)?
  1. If there IS cause to believe that someone is "using" or "addicted to" illegal drugs, then the proper course of action is to obtain an arrest warrant based on that probable cause.
  2. If there IS NOT cause to believe that someone is "using" or "addicted to" illegal drugs, then the question should not even be asked on a federal form, because it violates a natural person's Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination.
    A person who refuses to incriminate him- or herself as a user of illegal drugs should not lose the right to bear arms as a consequence of exercising that right.

I don't make or enforce the laws, just try to observe them when I can. That keeps me out of trouble.

You're an idiot by stating what you just did. I had a stepfather when I was younger who took great delight in beating on my mother, my sister, and myself anytime he had a bad day.
Because of the idiocy of your posts, it doesn't surprise anyone to hear that you got beat upside the head a lot when you were a kid.

I had a stepfather when I was younger who took great delight in beating on my mother, my sister, and myself anytime he had a bad day. Usually it was my mother that took the majority of the beatings, and one of the things he said to her while he was beating her was to ask her why she caused him to beat her. And no, the spouse generally never asks for it, and if a person is any kind of a real adult, before the fists start flying and bodies get thrown across the room, they can leave for a while to calm down and cool off.
I have cousins and more distant relatives who have connections in the community to pull strings, bring false accusations with false allegations of mental illness, and play other life-ruining tricks on me.

Not to mention, military personnel are often "laid off" during periods of downsizing in the U.S. Armed Forces — and receive various classifications of discharge other than the full honors of active combat as a war hero under enemy fire — and sometimes even a fully "honorable discharge" from the military isn't enough for a veteran to retain the right to keep and bear arms under current legal constructions of the constitution.

The libs really opened the door on this by giving felons the right to vote. Its tough to close the barn door now, the precedent is set.
Voting and guns are two different things.

Both unalienable rights. And other people's right to vote is not to be abused to deny my right to possess and carry firearms.
Nope.

Guns are for killing.

Violent offenders lose that right...just like offenders who violate their licensureS lose their professional licenses.

Gunrights nuts go to far,

Nope.

Guns are for killing.
I might have to kill a coyote or a wolf to save my own life.
Violent offenders lose that right...just like offenders who violate their licensureS lose their professional licenses.
Cop-calling whores and their motorcycle club boyfriends are not going to decide that for me.
Guns don't have anything to do with ovaries or testicles.
Abortionists who murder unborn infants should not bear false witness against law-abiding gun owners.
Liberals need to be held accountable for their slander, libel, false accusations, and false allegations of nuts, craziness, madness, mental illness, or whatever is the politically correct term du jour for the insatiable prison-lust of such loving family members and concerned citizens of the community.

Go read the gun laws in Texas and discovered after so many years ( I believe ten ) a former felon can apply for a firearm permit but only felons that are not of violent crimes.

Violent Crime felons should never be allow to own one and I am very pro second amendment...

You should lose your right to vote and own a firearm if you were convicted of a violent crime...

Both unalienable rights. And other people's right to vote is not to be abused to deny my right to possess and carry firearms.
Nope.

Guns are for killing.

Guns are for self defense, not necessarily killing.

Forum List

Back