Martin Bashir kicked out of MSNBC

Olbermann, Shultz, Bashir. They've all taken their turns being The Angriest Guy On Teevee. Now it's back to Ed, who screams at the camera for an hour.

Their apologists call it passion, but if someone from The Other Side acted like that, they'd be all over him, calling him a hate-monger. Obviously. Maybe they don't even see that.

I don't understand how anyone can be attracted to that, unless they have anger issues of their own. Those three guys are obviously filled with it. Yikes.

Partisan ideology warps the mind.

Last edited:
Martin Bashir Out at MSNBC - TVNewser

Bye bye Marty.

Good to see you tolerant lefties getting what you deserve....nothing.

Looks like Palin gets the last laugh.

She's still getting paid to be on T.V.

So when are you clowns going to insist that Limbaugh get fired for what he said about Fluke?
Calling a slut a slut is as bad as shitting down someone's throat?

Ps bashir quit, he wasn't fired.

Did Bashir shit down Palin's throat? Or did he just suggest that might be a good idea since she thinks debt is as bad as slavery (where they did that to people all the time.)

In both cases, they used WORDS that were inappropriate and disrespectful.

Bashir resigned or was fired. Limbaugh should do the same.

Calling someone a slur is not remotely as saying someone should have soneone else shit down their throat

Actually, I would say that they are both equally bad.

But what made the attack on Fluke so egregious is that Limbaugh didn't even understand what she was talking about- that the rules made it difficult for people with valid medical conditions to get treatment.

Bye bye Marty.

So when are you clowns going to insist that Limbaugh get fired for what he said about Fluke?

My guess is never.

I am also going to guess that no lefties insisted on Bashir's departure. It was pressure from other places.

You already tried that with Rush....sponsors and all......didn't work.

Who listens to Rush anyway ? Not me. Well, apparently a lot of people do.....but, not me.

Who listened to Bashir ? Given MSNBC's terrible ratings, I suspect they just needed an excuse to get rid of him.

Last edited:

Bye bye Marty.

As I recall there were a great many on the left calling for firings over that and trying organize boycotts of his show but the majority it seems did not find calling someone a slut tasteless as that is on the same level as suggesting taking a piss and dump in someone's mouth. For the record I never called for Rush to be fired nor did I call on Bashir to be fired what people seem to have forgot is responsibility also comes with free speech if you cross a line you may pay price.

If I were 'The Little Gray Man' I'd be extremely careful where I was seen in public. Just saying.
I hope he enjoys the taste of what will, sooner or later, be going to go into his mouth as much as the taste of what has been coming out his mouth.
Some people have very long memories. He'll never be seen on live TV again.

Olbermann, Shultz, Bashir. They've all taken their turns being The Angriest Guy On Teevee. Now it's back to Ed, who screams at the camera for an hour.

Their apologists call it passion, but if someone from The Other Side acted like that, they'd be all over him, calling him a hate-monger. Obviously. Maybe they don't even see that.

I don't understand how anyone can be attracted to that, unless they have anger issues of their own. Those three guys are obviously filled with it. Yikes.

Partisan ideology warps the mind.

yeah it is weird that there seems to be a market for that

out there

ever how small

Whereas Bashir was vulgar and immature in his presentation of his sentiments, I do not agree that he should have been "forced out" for exercising his right to free speech. Let the advertisers and listeners decide if they want to be part of it. That is how the free market works.

What bothers me are the women's groups that spend donators money to speak out against inflammatory comments made to women...but are silent when they are conservative women. Yes, they, too, have the right to free speech...but if they receive any type of funding from tax payers funds then they need to be consistent.

were there any statements from the women's groups?

Bye bye Marty.

NO! Rush is an excellent face for the GOP. He actually speaks what most of them are thinking.
just like Randi Rhodes is for the Dems.

The story claims he "resigned".

Yep. Just like Nixon "resigned".

Another one bites the dust.

But... will anyone notice?

PMSNBC has been losing half their viewers every year. Bashir is actually one of the more minor reason why. When will they get around to kicking out the ones that are REALLY driving their own audience away?

----------------------------------------------

Martin Bashir Resigns From MSNBC | Mediaite

Martin Bashir Resigns From MSNBC

by Tommy Christopher | 2:35 pm, December 4th, 201333

Just over two weeks ago, MSNBC host Martin Bashir delivered a harsh piece of commentary that culminated in the suggestion that someone should “s-h-i-t” in former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin‘s (R-AK) mouth. Bashir offered an abject apology on his next broadcast, but a chorus of critics continued to demand action against the host. After a reported “vacation” for the host earlier this week, Bashir announced, Wednesday afternoon, that MSNBC and Martin Bashir are parting ways.
I'm very saddened that it came to this. I don't know why the bigwhigs at msnbc cave like they do.

He didn't have to resign.

He should not have.

Nice job lying in the title shithead, but that's expected from radical right wing idiots like yourself. Take a truth (he resigns) then just make up a lie (he was fired) and believe it as the truth :cuckoo:
Let's face it Black...he was forced out.

Right after the debacle he took a sudden extra vacation.

Then he resigned.

I was wondering why everybody else BUT Bashir was hosting his show.

I'm saddened by this. I really like Bashir, he's a good fighter...like Big Ed.

*sigh*

"Fighter"? Hardly. He's a closet coward who can talk tough in front of a camera but if the chips were truly down he'd cry like a baby.
Link?

Ah, one less hypnotoad to worry about.

Nah, they have a new hypnoid everyday over at Fox.

What I like about the way women anchors are treated on MSNBC: They sit behind a desk, wear professional clothing and do not look like ex-runway models.

On Fox, the producers and Roger Ailes KNOW the material is thin propaganda. So they have their female anchors and contributors sitting on couches in skimpy, short dresses (see Elizabeth Hasselbeck), or with plunging necklines and all with hair and makeup only a stylist for beauty pageants can achieve.

Fox chooses eye candy for the majority of their viewers which are old white men who hope to get a woody while getting their "news".

Bye bye Marty.

Never, because they believe in calling women sluts.

It's vile.

that's vile? Let's see, randi Rhodes accuses Palin of being a pedophile..

Bashir won't be out of work for long. He's originally from the BBC. He's been around for a very long time and I really liked his show.

He told the truth about Palin. She is a cold-hearted hypocritical media whore. That's the nicest thing I can think of to say about her, too.

She drags her unmarried pregnant teenage daughter and Downs syndrome son out onstage in 2008 to get votes. If that ain't a 'ho I don't know what is.

Last edited:

Bye bye Marty.

Never, because they believe in calling women sluts.

It's vile.

Did you forget that (raging liberal) Ed Schultz called (conservative) Laura Ingraham the same?

Forum List

Back