MSNBC Doesn't Seem To Mind Vile Hateful Attacks On Women, Martin Bashir Still On Air

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
112013_kurtz_820.jpg

Martin Bashir, MSNBCs anchor, in a disgusting display of hatred and bigotry, suggested that Sarah Palin deserved to have someone defecate into her mouth in the manner of slaves hundreds of years ago as punishment for using her freedom of speech. This statement was written by MSNBC, put on a teleprompter, and read on air. So it's pretty clear that PMSNBC feels that defecating into women's mouths is an Okay practice, especially if it's a conservative woman. This despicable type of rhetoric is becoming a norm on Obama's network. It they had said the same about a Gay, a black person, or anyone that PMSNBC likes instead of hates, they would be packing their bags as we speak.

Martin Bashir gave an apology on air that I witnessed, but some things you can't apologize for. They can say this sort of thing in bars or at one of their parties and get a laugh, and I'm sure they do all of the time, but not on a national broadcast. I think the most fitting punishment for this would be to give him his walking papers, but the problem is, the producers at that station feel he was just saying what is on their demented minds. This isn't the first time they have displayed such vile rhetoric and I'm sure it won't be the last, especially if they refuse to fire the people who are most guilty of it. The hatred and anger coming from these people is palatable, and it's becoming more and more obvious.

This simply points out, yet again, the double-standards that liberals enjoy in America. Rush implies that Sandra Fluke expecting to have here birth control paid for suggests that she in essence wants to be paid for sex. Then he asked the question, who else wants to be paid for sex? A prostitute. Rush has apologized for this comment, but the left refuses to accept it. They wanted to get him off the air and they felt this was their chance. Problem is, although his comment was marginally offensive it doesn't dredge the depths of this comment by Bashir. Not even close. Yet my guess is the same folks that are willing to forgive Bashir will never forgive Rush........for obvious reasons.

NEW YORK (AP) — Martin Bashir's apology for graphic comments about Sarah Palin on MSNBC hasn't ended questions about whether the remarks deserve punishment from his bosses, giving unwanted attention to a cable network dealing with sinking ratings along with loose-lipped hosts.

Palin, in a Fox interview on Sunday, said MSNBC was guilty of "executive hypocrisy" by not publicly disciplining Bashir for his "vile, evil comments." Four days after Bashir apologized, MSNBC said it was "handling this matter internally" and wouldn't comment further.

"It's a systemic problem," said Jeff Cohen, an Ithaca College journalism professor and liberal commentator who was a producer for Phil Donahue's prime-time MSNBC show a decade ago. "It's a problem at MSNBC. It's a problem in cable news. It's a certain coarseness where everything goes. I guess they can keep sanctioning and suspending people, but there's something wrong when name-calling is considered OK."

Bashir's comments about Palin came on the same day MSNBC suspended actor Alec Baldwin from his weekly show for two episodes for his part in an off-the-air episode. Baldwin used an anti-gay slur in a confrontation with a photographer on a New York City street.

Bashir used his weekday afternoon program on Nov. 15 to criticize Palin for her remarks comparing U.S. indebtedness to China to slavery. Bashir cited the diaries of a former plantation overseer who punished slaves by having someone defecate in their mouth or urinate on their face. He suggested the former Alaska governor deserved the same treatment.

The somber anchor, a former "Nightline" host, apologized on his next show on Nov. 18.

The Baldwin suspension set up an immediate contrast for MSNBC's critics to latch on to: Why does an epithet used in a heated moment in an off-air confrontation merit a suspension, while a sickening comment made on the air, presumably researched and written in advance, not deserve one?​

Martin Bashir's Sarah Palin Comments Haunting Him Weeks Later

Last edited:

First, I'd think the Right would want these vicious haters to have as much exposure as possible, since one of the greatest strengths of the First Amendment is that it points out the crazies, loud and clear.

But yeah, the Left's hypocrisy on this and events like it is deliciously hypocritical.

According to MSNBC there are protected classes and non-protected classes:

trayvon-martin.jpg

Protected Class

Gays
Blacks
Hispanics
Illegals
Women in general
Children
Muslims
Democrats
Liberals
Atheists
Folks on Death Row

211008085722_sarah-palin-saturday-night.jpg

Non-protected Class

Conservative Women
Conservative Blacks
Conservative Hispanic Whites
Conservative White Males
Conservatives of Any Kind
Crazy-Assed Crackers
Tea Party Members
Republicans
Unborn Children
All of The Above

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

First, I'd think the Right would want these vicious haters to have as much exposure as possible, since one of the greatest strengths of the First Amendment is that it points out the crazies, loud and clear.

But yeah, the Left's hypocrisy on this and events like it is deliciously hypocritical.

What's the second thing?

What's the second thing?

:laugh:

The "but yeah" part!!!!

Our hypocrisy is deliciously hypocritical?

Well said.

Palin isn't "women."

Palin is "one woman."

So is Michele Obama, but the left loses their shit when a conservative criticizes her.

Partial Michelle Obama bio:

Gifted Student

By sixth grade, Michelle was attending gifted classes, where she learned French and took accelerated courses. She then went on to attend the city's first magnet high school for gifted children, where, among other activities, she served as the student government treasurer. "Without being immodest, we were always smart, we were always driven and we were always encouraged to do the best you can do, not just what's necessary," her brother, Craig, has said. "And when it came to going to schools, we all wanted to go to the best schools we could."

Michelle graduated in 1981 from Whitney M. Young Magnet High School in Chicago's West Loop as class salutatorian. After high school, she followed her brother to Princeton University, graduating cum laude in 1985 with a B.A. in Sociology. She went on to earn a J.D. from Harvard Law School in 1988, where she took part in demonstrations demanding more minority students and professors.

You all are attempting to compare Palin to Michelle O now? :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back