Mandatory voting would be dumb.

Fuck that shit. We need to RESTRICT voting.
This country is full of complete dumbfucks.
I don't think the problem is who votes, but rather what issues they're allowed to vote on - or, by extension, what issues their representatives are allowed to vote on.

Bottom line is, government controls too much in society. That might work in a homogenous society where most everyone is on the same page. But in a large diverse population, it's a recipe for disaster. In a "melting pot" like the US, where we have people from all over the world, with different values, different traditions, different tastes - freedom is pretty much the only that can work. Taking a vote and forcing the will of a slim majority on everyone else is usually unnecessary, and we should avoid it when we can.

Who is the liar?

Illegals don’t vote except for exceedingly rare instances.
You are the liar. Illegals vote. If you try hard enough and look hard enough, you'll even find them. But that isn't in the agenda, is it?

Ensuring voter integrity is the ONLY way we can have a legitimate Democracy if that is what you want. Why do you hate and wish to destroy Democracy?

There are 730 days between each election in America. If you cannot get the proper credentials to vote and prove you have a legal right to vote, then I am not going to shed one tear over you're not being permitted to vote in "That" year's election. Maybe you'll do better next time.

First of all, what is to stop someone from simply casting an empty ballot? Are you going to stand there and watch over their shoulder? Arrest them if they don't fill out THEIR ballot to YOUR satisfaction? Because that's called voter intimidation.

Let's say you're willing to settle for people casting empty ballots if that's what they want to do. Then why require them to show up in the first place? Why kill the trees to print the paper? Don't you want to save the environment?

Mandatory voting takes a society one step closer to sham elections where Putin gets 95% of the vote. There are plenty of offices that go uncontested.

Obligations are not rights. Converting something into an obligation destroys the previously existing RIGHT. Free speech is a RIGHT. I can speak, or I can stay silent. It's all the same right. Likewise, voting is a RIGHT which inherently entails a freedom to not vote. Serving on a jury isn't a right. Paying taxes isn't a right. They're obligations. Voting should be remain a RIGHT.

Who said there should be mandatory voting? Link please.

Republicans are terrified of everyone casting a ballot

Nobody is advocating mandatory voting. But Democrats want to make voting as convenient as possible to encourage voting

Republicans want voting to be an ordeal
Not voting sends it's own message. Low turnout is,a sign of discontent. Why do you hate freedom of speech? Oh right, you're a Democrat.

First of all, what is to stop someone from simply casting an empty ballot? Are you going to stand there and watch over their shoulder? Arrest them if they don't fill out THEIR ballot to YOUR satisfaction? Because that's called voter intimidation.

Let's say you're willing to settle for people casting empty ballots if that's what they want to do. Then why require them to show up in the first place? Why kill the trees to print the paper? Don't you want to save the environment?

Mandatory voting takes a society one step closer to sham elections where Putin gets 95% of the vote. There are plenty of offices that go uncontested.

Obligations are not rights. Converting something into an obligation destroys the previously existing RIGHT. Free speech is a RIGHT. I can speak, or I can stay silent. It's all the same right. Likewise, voting is a RIGHT which inherently entails a freedom to not vote. Serving on a jury isn't a right. Paying taxes isn't a right. They're obligations. Voting should be remain a RIGHT.
Flooding ballot boxes with fake votes, and mentally incompetent nursing home patients is mandatory voting for the dead, half dead, illegal aliens and non existent persons.

Totally wrong.
Casting an empty ballot is fine.
The point is to get everyone to at least bother to show up.
Casting an empty ballots means they do not like any of the options.
It is voting, "none of the above".

And you have it backwards, rights ARE obligations.
Rights come with a duty to ensure they are preserved for next generation.
And you do NOT have a right to be silent.
If you see a crime, know of an injustice, etc., you DO have an obligation to do something about it.

You are the liar. Illegals vote. If you try hard enough and look hard enough, you'll even find them. But that isn't in the agenda, is it?

Ensuring voter integrity is the ONLY way we can have a legitimate Democracy if that is what you want. Why do you hate and wish to destroy Democracy?

There are 730 days between each election in America. If you cannot get the proper credentials to vote and prove you have a legal right to vote, then I am not going to shed one tear over you're not being permitted to vote in "That" year's election. Maybe you'll do better next time.

How do illegals vote?
You have to be in the voter registry, and you can't do that unless you are a citizen.
If a person forges a voter registration card or something, that vote will get rejected later.

Not voting sends it's own message. Low turnout is,a sign of discontent. Why do you hate freedom of speech? Oh right, you're a Democrat.

Democrats encourage EVERYONE to vote

Republicans?Not so much

And you have it backwards, rights ARE obligations.
Rights come with a duty to ensure they are preserved for next generation.
And you do NOT have a right to be silent.
Totally wronger. All rights have limits and exceptions - but in a free society, you have a right to remain silent. You also have the right to not vote. The state doesn't get to dictate your actions wily-nily.

Totally wronger. All rights have limits and exceptions - but in a free society, you have a right to remain silent. You also have the right to not vote. The state doesn't get to dictate your actions wily-nily.
Way too much state dictating individual choice/action.

Also, compelling votes will do nothing but invite ridiculous, hilarious write-ins, which will do nothing but make a mockery of the process.

Including non-citizens and the deceased.

Some Democratic cities allow non-citizen residents to vote in local elections but nobody allows illegal aliens

In 2020, the only dead people voting was found among Republicans

Nobody should be forced to vote, some elections are just not competitive

I do support sending every registered voter an absentee ballot
Increases voter turnout….worked in 2020

Way too much state dictating individual choice/action.

Also, compelling votes will do nothing but invite ridiculous, hilarious write-ins, which will do nothing but make a mockery of the process.
I wrote in my sons names for the last three presidential elections.

Mandatory voting huh? Let me guess, a Democrack's concept.

The Demonics know full fucking well the dumber we are the more votes are casted for them.

Forum List

Back