Mandatory voting would be dumb.

I can't speak for Republicans, but I don't want government "rule" in the first place. The government is there to protect our rights, not to rule us. That's the real meaning of We the People - but Dems forgot that long ago.
So have the Republitards, but I understand whom you are addressing.
:beer:

Yea nice bumper sticker but the reality is that one party or the other is going to push their policies.
And that's fine, as long as government is strictly limited in its scope and reach.
Republicans are in the minority and they want THEIR policies to take precedent and those policies primarily benefit the wealthy
Whatever. I don't track which policies Republicans are pushing. I'm just point out a pattern I've seen, in the way Democrats use the phrase "We the People". It's almost always used to justify some law that violates our rights. They think majority rule should trump just about everything from what I've seen.

No you don't. You invoke it when anyone is speaking up for the rights of the minority. You smugly whip out "We the People" as a "fuck you we have more votes" statement. Don't be coy. Own your inner troll!
OK

Show me where I have posted anything remotely doing that

And that's fine, as long as government is strictly limited in its scope and reach.

Whatever. I don't track which policies Republicans are pushing. I'm just point out a pattern I've seen, in the way Democrats use the phrase "We the People". It's almost always used to justify some law that violates our rights. They think majority rule should trump just about everything from what I've seen.
It is limited by the Constitution that is about totally ignored these days.

First of all, what is to stop someone from simply casting an empty ballot? Are you going to stand there and watch over their shoulder? Arrest them if they don't fill out THEIR ballot to YOUR satisfaction? Because that's called voter intimidation.

Let's say you're willing to settle for people casting empty ballots if that's what they want to do. Then why require them to show up in the first place? Why kill the trees to print the paper? Don't you want to save the environment?

Mandatory voting takes a society one step closer to sham elections where Putin gets 95% of the vote. There are plenty of offices that go uncontested.

Obligations are not rights. Converting something into an obligation destroys the previously existing RIGHT. Free speech is a RIGHT. I can speak, or I can stay silent. It's all the same right. Likewise, voting is a RIGHT which inherently entails a freedom to not vote. Serving on a jury isn't a right. Paying taxes isn't a right. They're obligations. Voting should be remain a RIGHT.

I'm not even voting anymore. The last few times I voted, I got the feeling like I was being ordered to do so. Like I was owned.
There a part about voting in this video. And a few other good points.

Yea nice bumper sticker but the reality is that one party or the other is going to push their policies.

Republicans are in the minority and they want THEIR policies to take precedent and those policies primarily benefit the wealthy
You are one naïve motherfucker if you think Dem policies do not benefit the wealthy.

GOVERNMENT is the tool of the elite to control the masses. It always has been.

That's why our founders were so suspicious of government. It has always been the same.

Get your head out of your partisan ass.

You are one naïve motherfucker if you think Dem policies do not benefit the wealthy.

GOVERNMENT is the tool of the elite to control the masses. It always has been.

That's why our founders were so suspicious of government. It has always been the same.

Get your head out of your partisan ass.
They benefit everyone not JUST the wealthy

Totally wrong.
Casting an empty ballot is fine.
The point is to get everyone to at least bother to show up.
Casting an empty ballots means they do not like any of the options.
It is voting, "none of the above".

And you have it backwards, rights ARE obligations.
Rights come with a duty to ensure they are preserved for next generation.
And you do NOT have a right to be silent.
If you see a crime, know of an injustice, etc., you DO have an obligation to do something about it.
That’s stupid. I’m forced to do something I might not want to do so future generations are also forced to do something part of them also don’t want to do. And you call that a right? Interesting…not really, just dumb

Forum List

Back