Man seriously injured after accidentally shooting himself at Las Vegas sports bar

pwjohn

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Buttlick Kentucky
I wonder if alcohol was involved?

Man seriously injured after accidentally shooting himself at Las Vegas sports bar

61-year-old man accidentally shot himself while inside a central valley bar late Friday.

The man “mishandled his .22 revolver” and shot himself in the stomach while at Mr. D’s Sports Bar & Grill, 1810 S. Rainbow Blvd., about 9:15 p.m., Metropolitan Police Department Lt. Charles Jenkins said.

The man was rushed to University Medical Center’s trauma unit with serious injuries.

No one else was injured in the shooting.

THe complete lack of details gives us no information on this unfortunate accident.

There is no reason to assume that alcohol was responsible.

61-year-old man accidentally shot himself while inside a central valley bar late Friday.

The man “mishandled his .22 revolver” and shot himself in the stomach while at Mr. D’s Sports Bar & Grill, 1810 S. Rainbow Blvd., about 9:15 p.m., Metropolitan Police Department Lt. Charles Jenkins said.

The man was rushed to University Medical Center’s trauma unit with serious injuries.

"And that's how natural selection works, little Johnny."

My apologies. By the way the thread title was strictly copy & paste. I did nothing to change the text to all caps. And thanks for making the appropriate changes.

THe complete lack of details gives us no information on this unfortunate accident.

Yes, most unfortunate. But there's enough information in the very first sentence of the op to reasonably suspect that alcohol might be involved.

Yes, most unfortunate. But there's enough information in the very first sentence of the op to reasonably suspect that alcohol might be involved.

The fact that you are in a bar, does not mean that ANY accident that occurs is because of alcohol.

Possible Darwin Award Winner. I have no sympathy.

People that mishandle guns like that should be banned from ever owning a firearm again. And we still have people that argue that one should be allowed to carry a firearm into bars. LOL

No, you only win the Darwin Award if you remove yourself from the gene pool. He would have had to have shot himself some lower than the stomach to win the award.

so the fuck what?

The fact that you are in a bar, does not mean that ANY accident that occurs is because of alcohol.

I assumed nothing. I merely wondered if alcohol was involved based on the available information. Why do you find that so troubling?

People that mishandle guns like that should be banned from ever owning a firearm again. And we still have people that argue that one should be allowed to carry a firearm into bars. LOL

No, you only win the Darwin Award if you remove yourself from the gene pool. He would have had to have shot himself some lower than the stomach to win the award.

That's why I said "possible". I could have also said "Future Darwin Award Winner".

I assumed nothing. I merely wondered if alcohol was involved based on the available information. Why do you find that so troubling?

You wondered that in your op.

I reasonable pointed out that the complete lack of details in the report gave us no reason to assume that.

You responded saying it was reasonable to suspect it.

I find it "troubling" because this nation is full of dishonest anti-gunners who would find a reason to limit guns because the Sun rises in the West.

You wondered that in your op.

I reasonable pointed out that the complete lack of details in the report gave us no reason to assume that.

You responded saying it was reasonable to suspect it.

I find it "troubling" because this nation is full of dishonest anti-gunners who would find a reason to limit guns because the Sun rises in the West.

Does your concern rise to the level of restricting free speech? I sure hope not, but it kinda looks like it.

Forum List

Back