Man seriously injured after accidentally shooting himself at Las Vegas sports bar

Chuckle...
How many deaths result from accidental discharges by people lawfully carrying a gun?
Please be sure to provide a cite.
Well we have close to 40, 000 gun deaths a year the last I heard.
The average yearly firearms deaths, 1999-2015, is 31,000

So I'm sure we can find quite a few. Far too many actually.
I asked for a cite. If examples that prove your claim are easy to find, so are citations.
Get busy.
Chuckle...
How many deaths result from accidental discharges by people lawfully carrying a gun?
I asked for a cite. If examples that prove your claim are easy to find, so are citations.
Get busy.
Not a problem. 35,000 killed. 73,000 wounded.
To repeat myself, so we're clear:
Please be sure to provide a cite

35,000 killed... from accidental discharges by people legally carrying a gun?
Your citation says no such thing.
Try again.
My number represented the total number killed....
Which is irrelevant to the conversation quoted, above.
Note the bolded parts of your post

You:
Like I said, you should follow my lead on this one. Never chamber a round until you're ready to fire. We'll all be safer. And the upside. The number of deaths & injuries from accidental discharge will take a huge nose dive

Me:

You have yet to address this question, based om your statement that "we'll all be safer" and "deaths & injuries from accidental discharge will take a huge nose dive", if we do not carry with a round in the chamber.

So, I ask again:

Get busy.
Get busy.

Try again.

My number represented the total number killed. If you're unable to make that determination on your own. That's your problem. Not mine. Now my previous reply to you mentioned a number somewhere north of 500 killed accidentally. That info came from the cdc.

And the gun accident death rate.....you didn't give the whole story did you?

The fatal and non fatal gun accident rate from the 1990s when we had 200 million guns in private hands and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997 to 2016 when we have 357-400 million guns in private hands and 15 million people carrying guns for self defense...went down, not up....

Let me repeat that...as more Americans own and carry guns, our gun accident rate went down, not up.....

And even the number...under 500 in 2014........means that with over 357,000,000 guns in private hands and about 15 million people carrying them for self defense....

We had a total of 486 deaths due to gun accidents.....

Here is the info from the CDC....

Accidental deaths by gun by year...

Broker Version 9.4

2013 ..... 505
2012 ..... 548
2011 ..... 591
2010 ..... 606
2009 ..... 554
2008 ..... 592
2007..... 613
2006..... 642
2005 ..... 789
2004 ..... 649
2003 ..... 730
2002 ..... 762
2001 ..... 802
2000 ..... 776
1999 ..... 824

So......357,000,000 to 486

Do you see why your claim is silly?

And when you add the fact that 1,500,000 times a year Americans use guns to stop violent criminal attack...you claim becomes even less relevant....

Why the need to homoginize the stats ?

I am simply showing that the stats are going down as more Americans buy and carry guns...which is the opposite of what anti gunners claim will happen if more people are allowed to own, and especially if they are allowed to carry guns......just stating 500 as the number doesn't put it in context...especially considering the 357-400 million guns in private hands and close to 15 million people actually carrying those guns...

Do you comprehend what those numbers really show?

You keep parroting that the UK is more violent but that isnt the case. In fact it is absurd to suggest it. Guns are not a part of our culture and we are the better for that.

The real question is whether the American gun cancer is too deeply ingrained to be reversed. I suspect it might be.

I cant conceive what it is like to live a life in fear like you do. Over here in "falling apart" Europe we go about our business without guns. Imagine being able to go to the cinema and a restaurant without taking a gun.

Our children can go to school and have a reasonable expectation of coming home in the afternoon.

Guns kill people and the respective death rates point out the absurdity of your argument.

British violent crime is 2x higher than the United States...I have linked to this over and over again...the difference is that your criminals don't murder each other over Facebook insults..ours do....90% of our gun murderers are convicted felons who are back on the street using an illegal gun....shooting people who are 70-80% also convicted felons....

And I have posted how your gun crime rate is going up...because you imported foreign immigrants who are doing the shooting because they don't follow your British cultural norms....your gun crime rate is now up 4%.....last year, 10% in your major cities like London.....

The absurdity of your argument is that you think normal, law abiding people who own guns drive the gun crime rate...and this isn't true, factual or based in reality...as British gun crime rates show.....
Repeating a load of bollox doesnt make it true. The murder rate is the only true measure as there is no confusion as to the level of violence. The US murder rate,driven by your gun ownership, is way more than in the UK. Your guns enslave you and your kids will be the next victims.

Wrong......violent crime includes beatings, stabbings as well as shootings and rapes......the U.K. is the most violent country in Europe and 2x as violent as the United States......

We have 357 million guns and our gun murder rate went down 49%.....you gun murder rate, after you banned guns..is going up, not down....you imported violent people who are not British in nature and so murder and violence are becoming common in your country.....
Are you really saying that the US is safer than the UK ? You are a joke.

Almost all of it, yes......as long as you stay out of democrat controlled voting districts our crime rate is lower than yours.
The number of gun murders per capita in the US in 2012 - the most recent year for comparable statistics - was nearly 30 times that in the UK, at 2.9 per 100,000 compared with just 0.1.

Guns in the US: The statistics behind the violence - BBC News

You can huff and puff all you like matey. The facts are the exact opposite of your joke assertions.

Try again.

My number represented the total number killed. If you're unable to make that determination on your own. That's your problem. Not mine. Now my previous reply to you mentioned a number somewhere north of 500 killed accidentally. That info came from the cdc.

The fatal and non fatal gun accident rate from the 1990s when we had 200 million guns in private hands and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997 to 2016 when we have 357-400 million guns in private hands and 15 million people carrying guns for self defense...went down, not up....

Let me repeat that...as more Americans own and carry guns, our gun accident rate went down, not up.....

And even the number...under 500 in 2014........means that with over 357,000,000 guns in private hands and about 15 million people carrying them for self defense....

Broker Version 9.4

2013 ..... 505
2012 ..... 548
2011 ..... 591
2010 ..... 606
2009 ..... 554
2008 ..... 592
2007..... 613
2006..... 642
2005 ..... 789
2004 ..... 649
2003 ..... 730
2002 ..... 762
2001 ..... 802
2000 ..... 776
1999 ..... 824

And when you add the fact that 1,500,000 times a year Americans use guns to stop violent criminal attack...you claim becomes even less relevant....

I am simply showing that the stats are going down as more Americans buy and carry guns...which is the opposite of what anti gunners claim will happen if more people are allowed to own, and especially if they are allowed to carry guns......just stating 500 as the number doesn't put it in context...especially considering the 357-400 million guns in private hands and close to 15 million people actually carrying those guns...

The only numbers I'm interested in is the 500 & something dead and the thousand & something wounded due to accidental discharge. Can you comprehend that. I've been very consistent with that throughout this thread. Accidental discharge is a problem we can solve. And do so without adding to the upfront burden of buying a gun. This is all about after you buy the gun. Not before.

The only numbers I'm interested in is the 500 & something dead and the thousand & something wounded due to accidental discharge.
Again, I ask:
How many of these deaths/injuries derive from someone legally carrying a loaded weapon?

You claim if people carry with an empty chamber "We'll all be safer. And the upside. The number of deaths & injuries from accidental discharge will take a huge nose dive."

If you cannot tell us how many people were accidentally killed/injured with a legally-carried loaded gun - and apparently you cannot - you cannot honestly make this claim.

Try again.

Broker Version 9.4

2013 ..... 505
2012 ..... 548
2011 ..... 591
2010 ..... 606
2009 ..... 554
2008 ..... 592
2007..... 613
2006..... 642
2005 ..... 789
2004 ..... 649
2003 ..... 730
2002 ..... 762
2001 ..... 802
2000 ..... 776
1999 ..... 824

The only numbers I'm interested in is the 500 & something dead and the thousand & something wounded due to accidental discharge. Can you comprehend that. I've been very consistent with that throughout this thread. Accidental discharge is a problem we can solve. And do so without adding to the upfront burden of buying a gun. This is all about after you buy the gun. Not before.

The best way to solve that problem......gun safety education in public schools for kids...they will learn and keep that knowledge as they grow into adults...but the anti gunners don't care about dead children...they just want gun control.

Broker Version 9.4

2013 ..... 505
2012 ..... 548
2011 ..... 591
2010 ..... 606
2009 ..... 554
2008 ..... 592
2007..... 613
2006..... 642
2005 ..... 789
2004 ..... 649
2003 ..... 730
2002 ..... 762
2001 ..... 802
2000 ..... 776
1999 ..... 824

The best way to solve that problem......gun safety education in public schools for kids...they will learn and keep that knowledge as they grow into adults...but the anti gunners don't care about dead children...they just want gun control.

Already said, not a chance. That's a non starter. You're out of you're out of your fucking mind.

The only numbers I'm interested in is the 500 & something dead and the thousand & something wounded due to accidental discharge.
Again, I ask:
How many of these deaths/injuries derive from someone legally carrying a loaded weapon?

You claim if people carry with an empty chamber "We'll all be safer. And the upside. The number of deaths & injuries from accidental discharge will take a huge nose dive."

If you cannot tell us how many people were accidentally killed/injured with a legally-carried loaded gun - and apparently you cannot - you cannot honestly make this claim.

Dude you need to brush up on your reading compression skills. Seriously.

Get busy.
Get busy.

Try again.

You:
Like I said, you should follow my lead on this one. Never chamber a round until you're ready to fire. We'll all be safer. And the upside. The number of deaths & injuries from accidental discharge will take a huge nose dive

Me:

You have yet to address this question, based om your statement that "we'll all be safer" and "deaths & injuries from accidental discharge will take a huge nose dive", if we do not carry with a round in the chamber.

So, I ask again:

Get busy.
Get busy.

Try again.

You:

Me:

So, I ask again:

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, in 2013, there were 73,505 nonfatal firearm injuries (23.23 per 100,000U.S. citizens); 11,208 homicides (3.5 per 100,000); 21,175 suicides; 505 deaths due to accidental/negligent discharge of a firearm; and 281 deaths due to firearms-use with "undetermined ...

Broker Version 9.4

2013 ..... 505
2012 ..... 548
2011 ..... 591
2010 ..... 606
2009 ..... 554
2008 ..... 592
2007..... 613
2006..... 642
2005 ..... 789
2004 ..... 649
2003 ..... 730
2002 ..... 762
2001 ..... 802
2000 ..... 776
1999 ..... 824

Already said, not a chance. That's a non starter. You're out of you're out of your fucking mind.

Since we started fire safety education in public schools not one child has been lost to a school fire.......yet the anti gunners fight to keep kids learning how to be safe around guns.......children dying is not their priority.

Get busy.
Get busy.

Try again.

You:

Me:

So, I ask again:

Get busy.
Get busy.

Try again.

You:

Me:

So, I ask again:

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, in 2013, there were 73,505 nonfatal firearm injuries (23.23 per 100,000U.S. citizens); 11,208 homicides (3.5 per 100,000); 21,175 suicides; 505 deaths due to accidental/negligent discharge of a firearm; and 281 deaths due to firearms-use with "undetermined ...

Out of 357-400 million guns in private hands.......and 1,500,000 times guns were used for self defense....do you see how your numbers don't compare?

Again, I ask:

I accept your concession if the point.
You made a claim you cannot support, and you know it.

You:

Me:

So, I ask again:

And, again, how many of these accidental deaths are related to someone legally carrying a loaded firearm?
You continue to refuse to support the claims you made - clearly you know you cannot.

You:

Me:

So, I ask again:

And, again, how many of these accidental deaths are related to someone legally carrying a loaded firearm?
You continue to refuse to support the claims you made - clearly you know you cannot.

Your refusal to accept the facts is by no means a reflection on those facts as presented by me on this thread.

Since we started fire safety education in public schools not one child has been lost to a school fire.......yet the anti gunners fight to keep kids learning how to be safe around guns.......children dying is not their priority.

What you propose is the first step towards doing the taliban thing by turning our schools into ammo dumps.

Your proposal is pure unmitigated insanity.

Again, I ask:

I accept your concession if the point.
You made a claim you cannot support, and you know it.

Nonsense.

You:

Me:

So, I ask again:

Your refusal to accept the facts is by no means a reflection on those facts as presented by me on this thread.
You have not posted any facts that back your assertion.
You know this.

Forum List

Back