Looks like Trump will win again.

Different than President as Independents often don't vote in mid term elections. For example, I rarely do. So again what happened in 2016?

In 2016, Pennsylvania barely went red by less than 1%. Prior to that, they have gone blue in every presidential election for the last 24 years.

The question is, was 2016 the start of a new trend or was it an anomaly?

In 2018, the House vote went decisively back to blue by winning the popular vote by over 10% and picking up a net gain of 3 seats.

So what happened in 2016? My guess is that Democrats didn't show up because Hillary Clinton is terrible. What happened in 2018 is Democrats had a whopping 70% increase in their House vote total from the midterm election before. Trump energized both sides to vote in 2018, and unfortunately for him, a lot more people hate him than like him as we saw an unprecedented increase in a midterm election. That's also true in Pennsylvania.

Based on that along with the polling, my guess is that 2016 was an anomaly as Pennsylvania is already starting to show more signs of going back to blue. With an 800,000 vote advantage for Democrats, I'm not losing confidence in that one.

But like I said, we'll know in a few months.
First time I was eligible to vote, Bush beat Gore in PA. I voted for Gore. I ve been to PA. Rural PA is highly GOP.

He just might lose to the weakest and most demented candidate ever to run for Potus.

But cons shouldn’t worry. Joe is more conservative than Don.
Maybe the two candidates, instead of debating, should have a series of challenges on tv.
Challenges like;
  • Ramp walking
  • Water drinking
  • Pronouncing hard words and phrases like "Origins" and "God bless the United States"
  • Flag dry-humping
  • Remembering to sign EOs before leaving the room
  • Promoting beans
  • Achieving complete cover with face makeup
  • Acting like a whiny bitch....

I’m sure you could check their website. This guy keeps track like the back of his hand.

That is what he does.

Interesting, thanks.

I read that Democrats have an 800,000 advantage over Republicans in Pennsylvania.

In 2016 there was a 900,000 deficit of Reps, yet Trump won by 50,000 votes where it counted.

Yup. I think people stayed home because they didn't like Hillary Clinton.

I don't think we'll see that happen again this time around. With an 800,000 vote disadvantage and bad polling, I think Trump has an uphill climb in Pennsylvania. We'll see though.

Different than President as Independents often don't vote in mid term elections. For example, I rarely do. So again what happened in 2016?

In 2016, Pennsylvania barely went red by less than 1%. Prior to that, they have gone blue in every presidential election for the last 24 years.

The question is, was 2016 the start of a new trend or was it an anomaly?

In 2018, the House vote went decisively back to blue by winning the popular vote by over 10% and picking up a net gain of 3 seats.

So what happened in 2016? My guess is that Democrats didn't show up because Hillary Clinton is terrible. What happened in 2018 is Democrats had a whopping 70% increase in their House vote total from the midterm election before. Trump energized both sides to vote in 2018, and unfortunately for him, a lot more people hate him than like him as we saw an unprecedented increase in a midterm election. That's also true in Pennsylvania.

Based on that along with the polling, my guess is that 2016 was an anomaly as Pennsylvania is already starting to show more signs of going back to blue. With an 800,000 vote advantage for Democrats, I'm not losing confidence in that one.

But like I said, we'll know in a few months.
I believe much of what you state about PA is also true in many of the midwestern state. Don barely won MI, WI, and OH. I tend to doubt he can win these states again, which means he loses in November.

Would not shock me since Biden is senile and Harris is not well liked (HRC 2.0).

Who am I to argue with the experts?

"I think polls are very, very squishy right now because of the highly toxic political environment in which we live," Gundlach said. Gundlach said he’s come across data suggesting that about "two-thirds of conservatives or moderate conservatives say that they have lied about their support for Donald Trump either directly or by omission."

During the Democratic Debates Kamala Harris on LIVE TV called Creepy Joe a racist. As the Trump Campaign will probably have an ad that includes Harris calling Creepy Joe a racist that will not look good. Also Kamala Harris is NOT a Black woman, she is NOT African, she is of Indian as in Bombay Indian and Jamaican Heritage, she's not African-American and I have already read where ACTUAL African-Americans are offended at the MSM Culturally Appropriating African-ness and general Black-ness for POLITICAL reasons to boost her.

Also in the Democratic Primary in her OWN State of California Kamala Harris ONLY got 7% so Californians even can't stand this woman.
Harris to Biden;

I do not believe you are a racist and I agree with you when you commit yourself to the importance of finding common ground.

But, I also believe—and it’s personal. And I—I was actually very—it was hurtful to hear you talk about the reputations of two United States senators who built their reputations and career on segregation of race in this country. And it was not only that, but you also worked with them to oppose bussing.

I believe much of what you state about PA is also true in many of the midwestern state. Don barely won MI, WI, and OH. I tend to doubt he can win these states again, which means he loses in November.

I agree. I'm not so sure about Ohio, but they could flip as well.

Ohio along with Georgia, Arizona, Florida, North Carolina, Iowa. It could happen. It might happen. Who knows?

But bottom line is that I don't see PA, WI, and MI staying red. If Trump can't even hang on to these three, then he's done. Regardless of what happens in Ohio, Georgia, etc. he's already out.

Results in local elections suggest that a lot of people not proclaiming their favoring President Trump are actually voting.

Don't mistake conservative silence for having been intimidated. It's just not worth the hassle of shoveling shit so long as the wind kees blowing the smell away. Don't waste effort on idiots. They can't be convinced since they are forbidden by their elite from even listening.

First time I was eligible to vote, Bush beat Gore in PA. I voted for Gore. I ve been to PA. Rural PA is highly GOP.

Bush beat Gore in PA?

Rural everywhere is highly GOP.
I thought Bush won? No? I mean It’s real GOP...every other radio station is Bible radio.

You thought wrong. Gore won Pennsylvania. Pennsylvania usually goes blue.

Bush beat Gore in PA?

Rural everywhere is highly GOP.
I thought Bush won? No? I mean It’s real GOP...every other radio station is Bible radio.

You thought wrong. Gore won Pennsylvania. Pennsylvania usually goes blue.
Makes Trumps win that much more impressive

Definitely. Big upset there. Just barely pulled it off too.

The question is whether he can pull it off again. Personally, I don't think it's very likely. I think signs are pointing back to blue, as Pennsylvania has traditionally gone.

We'll know soon enough.

The question is whether he can pull it off again. Personally, I don't think it's very likely. I think signs are pointing back to blue, as Pennsylvania has traditionally gone.

We'll know soon enough.
Debates will matter

We'll know soon enough.
Debates will matter

Just my opinion here, but I don't think they're going to matter as much as they have in the past.
This has been one of the most interesting political cycles we've ever had, and I think most people pretty much have their minds made up one way or the other. At this point, people are either going to vote for Trump or against him.

If you look at the House popular vote in the midterm elections, 2018 had the two highest percentage increases - both for the Democrats and for the Republicans. Democrats had a 70% increase from the midterm before and Republicans had a 27% increase. Both the highest percentage increases ever recorded, both in the same election. What that tells me is that Trump is driving people to the polls. People have opinions on politics, on Trump, and on the direction of this country like we have never seen before. I don't think there are many apolitical people out there anymore compared to previous elections. I think most people already have an opinion one way or the other, and I don't think a debate is likely to change many people's minds like it did before.

With that said, there are still PLENTY of stupid things that either side is capable of doing between now and then, including a potential debate disaster. But outside of a complete disaster at the debates, I don't think they're going to move the needle much. Just my opinion.

We'll know soon enough.
Debates will matter

Just my opinion here, but I don't think they're going to matter as much as they have in the past.
This has been one of the most interesting political cycles we've ever had, and I think most people pretty much have their minds made up one way or the other. At this point, people are either going to vote for Trump or against him.

If you look at the House popular vote in the midterm elections, 2018 had the two highest percentage increases - both for the Democrats and for the Republicans. Democrats had a 70% increase from the midterm before and Republicans had a 27% increase. Both the highest percentage increases ever recorded, both in the same election. What that tells me is that Trump is driving people to the polls. People have opinions on politics, on Trump, and on the direction of this country like we have never seen before. I don't think there are many apolitical people out there anymore compared to previous elections. I think most people already have an opinion one way or the other, and I don't think a debate is likely to change many people's minds like it did before.

With that said, there are still PLENTY of stupid things that either side is capable of doing between now and then, including a potential debate disaster. But outside of a complete disaster at the debates, I don't think they're going to move the needle much. Just my opinion.
I would agree if Bidens mental health was not in question.

Would not shock me since Biden is senile and Harris is not well liked (HRC 2.0).
Hmmmm
thats an easy counter. Trump is not only senile, he was stooopid to begin with. Not well liked ? Trump can’t even go out in public for his three years without being booed.

He just might lose to the weakest and most demented candidate ever to run for Potus.

But cons shouldn’t worry. Joe is more conservative than Don.

If he does lose to "the weakest and most demented candidate ever to run", I'd say that says more about the voters than it does about Trump.

Hmmmm
thats an easy counter. Trump is not only senile, he was stooopid to begin with. Not well liked ? Trump can’t even go out in public for his three years without being booed.

It's Trump's fault that you and your deranged partisan friends can't behave like civilized people? Whose fault is it that your ego tells you that you represent the entire nation?

Forum List

Back