Longtime Democrat Judge-Shopping Tactic Under Attack

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
Attorney General William Barr has taken on a new fight: that of lone judges sitting on district court benches who want to control the national policy set by the president and his administration. For years and decades, Democrats have been using the courts as a weapon against Congress and the President, whenever decisions are not to their liking.

Decades ago, in 1994, they stopped Proposition 187, to prevent illegal aliens from getting welfare in California (despite the will of people having voted for that- 59%). Most recently, they came up with a district judge in Washington state to overrule Trump on the Muslim immigration/travel ban. After Trump revised the plan, 2 Democrat picked judges (Hawaii & Maryland) knocked down Trump's proposal on that (later upheld on appeal by the Supreme Court)..

It's pretty amazing that no Attorney General has gone after this ludicrous injunction MO, putting one person (judge) over the will of millions of voters, and allowing unscrupulous Democrat lawyers in the ACLU, MALDEF, et al to simlpy find a sympathetic judge and then throw him at the law that don't like, like a hand grenade.

The Washington Examiner reported >> "The 'best example' of 'harm' caused by these national injunctions, Barr said, relates to the legal fight over Trump trying to scrap the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, which offers protections for individuals brought to the U.S. illegally as children, instituted under former President Barack Obama."

Barr: Judges must stop nationwide injunctions - WND

Attorney General William Barr has taken on a new fight: that of lone judges sitting on district court benches who want to control the national policy set by the president and his administration. For years and decades, Democrats have been using the courts as a weapon against Congress and the President, whenever decisions are not to their liking.

Decades ago, in 1994, they stopped Proposition 187, to prevent illegal aliens from getting welfare in California (despite the will of people having voted for that- 59%). Most recently, they came up with a district judge in Washington state to overrule Trump on the Muslim immigration/travel ban. After Trump revised the plan, 2 Democrat picked judges (Hawaii & Maryland) knocked down Trump's proposal on that (later upheld on appeal by the Supreme Court)..

It's pretty amazing that no Attorney General has gone after this ludicrous injunction MO, putting one person (judge) over the will of millions of voters, and allowing unscrupulous Democrat lawyers in the ACLU, MALDEF, et al to simlpy find a sympathetic judge and then throw him at the law that don't like, like a hand grenade.

The Washington Examiner reported >> "The 'best example' of 'harm' caused by these national injunctions, Barr said, relates to the legal fight over Trump trying to scrap the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, which offers protections for individuals brought to the U.S. illegally as children, instituted under former President Barack Obama."

And Republicans never do that? Republicans judge shop as well. Usually they go to the district courts in Texas to get a favorable ruling. Barr is a criminal as he has sworn his fealty to Trump rather than swearing to uphold the Constitution of the US. DACA has overwhelming support from voters unlike Trump.

And Republicans never do that? Republicans judge shop as well. Usually they go to the district courts in Texas to get a favorable ruling. Barr is a criminal as he has sworn his fealty to Trump rather than swearing to uphold the Constitution of the US. DACA has overwhelming support from voters unlike Trump.
DACA was done illegally by Obama. Judge shopping is overwhelmingly a Democrat thing. If I were to put a number on it, I'd say 90%.

Barr is doing his job 100% properly.

DACA was done illegally by Obama. Judge shopping is overwhelmingly a Democrat thing. If I were to put a number on it, I'd say 90%.

That has not been decided. One judge said so and he is usually the judge Republicans go to when they want a favorable ruling. Even Paxton who was the AG of Texas admitted he went after this judge because he expected to get a favorable ruling. I would put the number on your IQ as -32 and still dropping.

Barr is a partisan hack.

LMAO, that case was lead by the TX AG, what court should he go to?

That has not been decided. One judge said so and he is usually the judge Republicans go to when they want a favorable ruling. Even Paxton who was the AG of Texas admitted he went after this judge because he expected to get a favorable ruling. I would put the number on your IQ as -32 and still dropping.

Barr is a partisan hack.

Sure he went to that judge, TX had already gotten their desired outcome on DAPA, it was declared unconstitutional. DACA will come to the same fate.

LMAO, that case was lead by the TX AG, what court should he go to?

Paxton wanted that specific judge because of previous ruling he made,

Barr is a partisan hack.

Sure he went to that judge, TX had already gotten their desired outcome on DAPA, it was declared unconstitutional. DACA will come to the same fate.

I suspect it will not be decided until Trump is defeated in 2020.

Barr is a partisan hack.

Who do you presume will defeat him and on what policies?

Barr is a partisan hack.

Says a partisan hack.

Barr is a partisan hack.
You accuse a good man of having an iq in the negatives, and you are pointing your finger at anyone else being a partisan hack? Sorry, busybody01, you're wrong!!! <<<<gong!>>>>

Barr is a partisan hack.
You accuse a good man of having an iq in the negatives, and you are pointing your finger at anyone else being a partisan hack? Sorry, busybody01, you're wrong!!! <<<<gong!>>>>

Now you know that little leftist shill is too young to remember The Gong Show and what it was about. :rolleyes:

I'm not convinced ending judge-shopping will be easy but it's as badly needed as federal judicial term limits - including for USSC justices - and especially for elected officials. If 2 terms (or 10 years) is the max for the POTUS - and it is - it's more than enough for those in congress.

States, however, should retain the authority to determine how long their governors, state legislators, and judges may serve.

Last edited:

Barr is a partisan hack.
Judge shopping is overwhelmingly a Democrat thing. Always has been. If I were to put a number on it, I'd say 90%. If/when it is shut down, it'll be a huge loss for Democrats, regardless of how they want to spin it. :biggrin:

And Barr is not a partisan hack just because he is going after people who seriously broke the law (Hillary, Obama. Comey, etc), and damaged US national security.

:bigboy:

So you actually think one of these looney, bribers has a slight chance to beat Trump. Wanna bet your house on it ?

So far they've got blacks, illegal aliens, and gays in the bribe box. Who will they go for next ? Muslims ?
Gun grabbers ? Christian haters ? Baby killers ?

All this is indicative of one thing >> Desperation.

Last edited:

Barr is a partisan hack.

I wouldn't bet on that, DACA was probably the largest abuse of power of the maobama admin.

This also proves something else: That judges are corrupt and make decisions based not on the law but on their leftwing politics. Trump said that exact thing and he was criticized for it. As usual, Trump was right.

Forum List

Back