CDZ let's prepare for the attack on Taiwan a lot better than we did for the attack on Ukraine..

No, the communist overthrew the legitimate government of China in the late 40s. They then murdered almost 50 million Chinese citizens to hold onto power. The communists do not have a legitimate claim to China, let alone Taiwan. In fact, Taiwan has more legitimate claims to the mainland than the Communist have on Taiwan.
They don't have a legitimate claim to Tibet either.

The Taiwanese population stands at 23.6 million people.

But evacuating these people in the event of a war by the Chinese, which is something that President Xi has repeated over and over to be one of his primary goals, can only happen by airplane or ship. Obviously ships would be more practical. But we'd need to properly prepare enough civilian ships for this task, and we'd better start preparing for that now.

And evacuating the mission-critical personnel and -equipment of the computer chips factories in Taiwan at the first sign of war also seems crucial for the entire western civilian and defense industries to me.

Our entire military strategy in case of Chinese war against Taiwan should be focused on protecting the evacuation efforts for long enough so that the entire Taiwanese population, including it's soldiers, are in fact safely relocated to other locations in the world.

We'd need to indoctrinate our own people about the very real fact that not all Asians are the same, and that a Taiwanese person is much more in tune with western style thinking than a Chinese. If we fail to do this, then our own people's tendency to be racist towards people of other skin colors from hostile regions will gravely upset efforts to integrate the evacuated Taiwanese into western societies, which in turn would upset our own ability to produce enough microchips.

The fact is, with China heavily investing in it's military and military tech level, we can not realistically hope to hold on to Taiwan.
It is simply too close to the Chinese mainland.

With what we've seen from Putin in Ukraine, and from Xi against the Uighurs and from previous Chinese leaders against the Tibetans, it would be shameful for us (not to mention extremely hard to justify later on the timeline), if we do not prepare a proper defense-and-evacuation plan for people in near-future conflict zones like Taiwan.

i will forward the URL to this thread to the whitehouse and selected western political parties, intelligence organisations, and mass-media companies.
opinions are of course very welcome.
Taiwan is china. Not our problem

Cuba is in the UN

Why isnt taiwan?
Who is the US ambassador to Cuba? Don't try moving the goal posts. Again, other nations don't bestow independence on nations. Are you trying to say that if the US pulled out of the UN--as many Americans would prefer, that America would cease to be an independent nation? C'mon man, use your head--don't be a dog-faced pony soldier.

Who is the US ambassador to Cuba? Don't try moving the goal posts. Again, other nations don't bestow independence on nations. Are you trying to say that if the US pulled out of the UN--as many Americans would prefer, that America would cease to be an independent nation? C'mon man, use your head--don't be a dog-faced pony soldier.
There isnt one. But cuba is in the UN.

Is a country just a country because some people in it say so?

Then hawaii is a independent country

There isnt one. But cuba is in the UN.
You go from one irrelevant point to another. A country does not have to have diplomatic relations with any other or be a member of the UN to be an independent nation. Engage your brain. Taiwan is an independent nation. It has been for sixty years. Do you always disregard and just move to more irrelevant shit when someone gives a valid answer to your question. BTW, Taiwan did have membership. UN membership means absolutely nothing to an independent nation.

You go from one irrelevant point to another. A country does not have to have diplomatic relations with any other or be a member of the UN to be an independent nation. Engage your brain. Taiwan is an independent nation. It has been for sixty years. Do you always disregard and just move to more irrelevant shit when someone gives a valid answer to your question. BTW, Taiwan did have membership. UN membership means absolutely nothing to an independent nation.
A country becomes a sovereign nation when most of the world recognizes it as such.

The vast majority of the world does NOT recognize taiwan.

Why not?

Ahhhhh yes. You abandon the argument in favor of insult

I accept your full and complete concession
You really aren't very sharp, you can't accept what hasn't been tendered--and it isn't an insult if it is true. Abandoning an argument? You have to present a cognizant point before having a discussion. You haven't presented one point that resembles truth. I have linked support of my point. Like most on here with hollow statements, you have linked NOTHING to support your point.

You really aren't very sharp, you can't accept what hasn't been tendered--and it isn't an insult if it is true. Abandoning an argument? You have to present a cognizant point before having a discussion. You haven't presented one point that resembles truth. I have linked support of my point. Like most on here with hollow statements, you have linked NOTHING to support your point.
Too late. You conceded

Now call me a poopyhead and move on. Lol

Forum List

Back