CDZ What Do You KNOW About the Russia-Ukraine Conflict?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
I don't KNOW anything about the Russia-Ukraine conflict. I can only evaluate various sources of "information" based on their prior histories of accuracy and lack of obvious bias in reporting. Unfortunately, this excludes almost all of mainstream media and a good deal of nontraditional sources as well. This leaves me with very little reliable data upon which to base an opinion as to what is really going on over there.

I'm sorry, but showing selected film over and over again of some egregious event does not promote a broad understanding of the true nature of this conflict. Instead, I am struck by the lack of widespread devastation seen in previous wars. Compared with its predecessors, "WW3" seems more like a training exercise. As a result, I am forced to rely more on historical parallels (and attendant political machinations) than on current reporting.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Of course all sides are spewing out the psyops.

Any time they tell the world what is really going on, they are unwisely telling the enemy.

Make them gather their own intelligence, don't do it for them.

I just know it's Europeans doing what Europeans have always done.

Cut it out or else we'll nuke all of you.

I know The Pod POTUS won’t send Helos ( And doubt he will allow Howitzers to flow in ) and really doubt a Top Tier Russian Black Sea Flagship Cruiser was hit by a guy on the nearby Shoreline behind a tree with a rocket .

Wrong. We know one thing for certain, Russia invaded Ukraine.
We know quite a bit more than that. We know that Biden was denounced as a liar for saying Putin would invade. We know Putin denied that he had any intention to invade. We know that the “independent regions” recognized have assumed Communist names for their nations.

We know that the Russians destroyed a one of a kind irreplaceable aircraft in the AN-225.

There is more. But the point is that we know a great deal. That doesn’t mean we know everything. But we certainly know more than enough to be certain Putin is a madman who is personally responsible for this.

A lot of information outside of the MSM if you take the time to watch for it.

For videos in any other language generally you can use Closed Caption CC on youtube. If that close caption option is not lit you can get it to CC for you by taking the steps as shown in these snapshots. I chose this video yo use as an example because it has both Belarus's president and Russia's president giving lots of info along with Sternenko's comments. It already had CC available but not all do so you have to go through the steps as pointed out,
Captions settings.png

Captions settings.png

If the Cruiser is adrift & evacuated ( from fires & secondaries ) due to a British Neptune rocket attack then WELL DONE SIR !

Wrong. We know one thing for certain, Russia invaded Ukraine.
Of course but do we really know why?....who do we believe?....we certainly know our news media is not truthful by any stretch....

Of course but do we really know why?....who do we believe?....we certainly know our news media is not truthful by any stretch....

I trust our media as little as I do Russia's. I might start believing them both when they both start telling me the same thing.

Or maybe not, we'll see.

It's easy to throw away all news sources as "I don't trust the news," but they're not all the same. In fact, they're not all news; sites like OAN or Occupy News are clearly propaganda. FOX is news-themed entertainment, and MSN is clearly left-powered, so neither of them are likely to give us the sober truth, either. I personally advise against CNN as well; I find them as look-at-me clown shoes in a serious industry. A lot of people don't need (or particularly trust) the major networks, either, which is fine.

Aim for the responsible middle: Associated Press, NPR, or PBS, and BBC for international news. If you lean a little to the right, Reuters or The Hill. If left, The Atlantic is fine. Think critically, look for independent verification from established sources, and you'll find the facts out there.

Here's a pretty good indicator: Two Republican members of Congress went to see for themselves, and Sen. Daines of Montana said "There is indisputable evidence of Putin’s war crimes everywhere." Seems pretty solid.

I don't KNOW anything about the Russia-Ukraine conflict. I can only evaluate various sources of "information" based on their prior histories of accuracy and lack of obvious bias in reporting. Unfortunately, this excludes almost all of mainstream media and a good deal of nontraditional sources as well. This leaves me with very little reliable data upon which to base an opinion as to what is really going on over there.

I'm sorry, but showing selected film over and over again of some egregious event does not promote a broad understanding of the true nature of this conflict. Instead, I am struck by the lack of widespread devastation seen in previous wars. Compared with its predecessors, "WW3" seems more like a training exercise. As a result, I am forced to rely more on historical parallels (and attendant political machinations) than on current reporting.

Does anyone else have this problem?
There is a solid decade of footage and writing dealing with the genocide of Russian Nationals in Donbass and Luhansk. Part of the antithesis in this conflict is based on that history. As you might guess that story has been blacked out by the MSM.

The Media and gov't have lost all creditability. They can't be trusted.........

Hard to say what the fuck is going on their in a world of LIES.

I think democrats have been actively engaged with criminal cartels and human trafficking in Ukraine for some time.

Forum List

Back