Let's just say it

links in article at site..

SNIP:

Democrats Suddenly Regret Voting Against Raising the Debt Ceiling Under President BushBy Dan Amira

Over the next few weeks, as Congress approaches its next big budget fight — the vote to raise the debt ceiling — many Democrats are going to find themselves in an uncomfortable position. As Republicans threaten to withhold support for raising the ceiling unless the Democrats make spending concessions, Democrats will inevitably climb up on their high horses and exhort them to refrain from playing politics with such an important issue. "This is not the time for games," some wrinkly old white Democrat will say, then rightly point out that "the entire economy is at stake."

What he won't mention is that in March of 2006, under President George W. Bush, when Democrats were in the senate minority, then-senator Barack Obama voted against raising the debt ceiling. So did every single one of his Democratic colleagues. The measure passed anyway, 52-48, due to near-universal Republican support. Yesterday, Obama's spokesman expressed some delayed regret for that vote on Obama's behalf:

all of it here..
Democrats Suddenly Regret Voting Against Raising the Debt Ceiling Under President Bush -- Daily Intel

Even Obama was against it...before he was FOR it...:eusa_shhh:

He evolved.

Immie

Indeed...and as he will blame Bush or anyone else for his evolution...He was however correct about 'transparency'...ALL the nation sees he has no clothes and is a phony.

Ah the debt. I could write several paragraphs about it, even a book. But it can be summed up very easily

Bush spent too damned much, and Obama spent even more. Chances are we will go further into debt no matter who the next president is but with Romney it may not be as deep.

Basically there is no fiscal leadership in Washington on any side..........

Democrats Suddenly Regret Voting Against Raising the Debt Ceiling Under President Bush -- Daily Intel

Yup, because stupid azzholes are contagious.

No compromise, "Un-American" (TIME) Tea Party GOP.

Ah the debt. I could write several paragraphs about it, even a book. But it can be summed up very easily

Bush spent too damned much, and Obama spent even more. Chances are we will go further into debt no matter who the next president is but with Romney it may not be as deep.

I so have not heard that. In fact, I heard the opposite.

romneyworld.jpg

You say "may" not be as deep.

May is a small word with big meaning. What makes you think we may not go further into debt under Romney than we would under Obama? I've seen no sign of that being an accurate assumption.

Immie

Both the Democratic and Republican political parties have gone to hell in a hand basket. Used to be politicians wanted want was best for the country regardless of political party. Now, they want want's best for their political party and their own self-serving political agendas.

and at one time it really did not matter who was in charge.....the Countries business was taken care of....they might of had a few fuck ups here and there....but it was dealt with....

Last edited:
Both the Democratic and Republican political parties have gone to hell in a hand basket. Used to be politicians wanted want was best for the country regardless of political party. Now, they want want's best for their political party and their own self-serving political agendas.

and at one time it really did not matter who was in charge.....the Countries business was taken care of....they might of had a few fuck ups here and there....but it was dealt with....

and a LOT more people died, got screwed, suffered....16 hour days 6 days a week, terrible tenements, fires, poison for food. You dupes are quite mad LOL. Read "The Good Old Days- They were Terrible!". You and Ronnie Reagan live in a dreamworld....:cuckoo::lol::eusa_whistle:

That said, I wouldn't be too high on the Democrats, either. They're a motley collection of groups that don't like each other much anyway -- unions, upper-class crunchies, blacks, Jews, Hispanics, Asians, gays -- unified only by their opposition to Regular White America. That's one rickety contraption right there. As a one-party phenomenon, they'd eat themselves from the insides out.

What is "Regular White America"?

and a LOT more people died, got screwed, suffered....16 hour days 6 days a week, terrible tenements, fires, poison for food. You dupes are quite mad LOL. Read "The Good Old Days- They were Terrible!". You and Ronnie Reagan live in a dreamworld....:cuckoo::lol::eusa_whistle:

oh i get it.....so if i would have said....at one time as long as a Democrat was in charge......the Countries business was taken care of....they might of had a few fuck ups here and there....but it was dealt with.....you would have been in total agreement....right Frankie?....still think your not Dem Dupe Frankie?....geezus its amazing you dont think you are.....

Let’s just say it: The Republicans are the problem. - The Washington Post

Today's GOP: Worst Political Party Since the Civil War | | AlterNet

It was a move without parallel. The entirety of a party threatened to deliberately hurt the country unless their rivals paid a hefty ransom -- in this case, debt reduction. It didn't matter that Republicans were largely responsible for the debt in the first place, and it didn't matter that Republicans routinely raised the debt ceiling dozens of times over the last several decades.

This wasn't just another partisan dispute; it was a scandal for the ages. This one radical scheme helped lead to the first-ever downgrade of U.S. debt; it riled financial markets and generated widespread uncertainty about the stability of the American system; and it severely undermined American credibility on the global stage. Indeed, in many parts of the world, observers didn't just lose respect for us, they were actually laughing at us.

It's the kind of thing that should have scarred the Republican Party for a generation. Not only did that never happen, the Republican hostage-takers are already vowing to create this identical crisis all over again, on purpose.

Frankly, I'm surprised that more conservative Republicans on this board aren't wondering what the hell happened to their party.

And since the country isn't split on geographical lines, I don't see how we would have another civil war, but it certainly looks like we are due.

I'm ready. Let's get to it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gILYTdqqCo0]Bob Dylan in Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid - YouTube[/ame]

That said, I wouldn't be too high on the Democrats, either. They're a motley collection of groups that don't like each other much anyway -- unions, upper-class crunchies, blacks, Jews, Hispanics, Asians, gays -- unified only by their opposition to Regular White America. That's one rickety contraption right there. As a one-party phenomenon, they'd eat themselves from the insides out.

What is "Regular White America"?

You know. Like vanilla bread.

Or marshmallow spam.

Forum List

Back