Going in for Cancer removal surgery tomorrow.

About two months ago, I had a skin cancer check with a dermatologist, and the minute the Physician Assistant walked in the room, before me even undressing for the body cancer check, she saw a mole on my face, looked at it, said I'm certain that is Basal Cell Cancer let me biopsy it, stuck numbing needle in, and that's that....next day, got a call it was cancer and them trying to set up the appointment to have something called MOHS surgery to have it removed....

Basically, they cut it out, then they examine it for cancer in the edges of the cut, I'll wait 45 minutes for results, if there is more, they will cut again, I wait again 45 minutes for results if there is cancer still then they cut out more and this is repeated until they get it all....it could take the whole day or half day....

This mole showed up during the COVID epidemic, it took months to get in with my doctor and she thought it was nothing...I knew it was not nothing....it showed up out if nowhere....but then Matt damaged his Rotator cuff and we dealt with that and surgery the next year and then after that we found out he had prostate cancer and then the radiation treatments, and then I finally got my doctor to give me a referral to a dermatologist, and it took 8 months to get the appointment....

Anyway.....here I am, 4 years later and finally, getting it removed!

It's right under the circle under my eye, near the nose.... I hope the doc works a miracle and it doesn't leave a bad scar....:(

All the best.

I had a workmate who they had to gouge (his face) for Melanoma. He quickly started to heal. Initially, he was asking about plastic surgery. Doc told him to give it some time. Doc was right.

Much worse than Basal Cell.

All the best......

He went through several cycles.

I had a basal cell on my ear. They got it the first try.

Good luck and we'll be thinking of you.

If you have an issue, get after it sooner than later.

The friend I mentioned let his melanoma go for a while. It was his daughter who hauled his ass into the the doctor. Doctor told him it was deep and he was lucky. Another year and it would have been in his lymph nodes and all over the place.....bad prognosis.

I realize Covid was a factor for a lot of people. And this is not a rebuke of anyone. But the sooner the better.

I had a spot show up on my neck (dark and it appeared fast). Got in fast. They called it a stage zero melanoma (it was just getting started). Surgery took care of it. 4 inch cut on my neck. six months later, you had to look hard to see it.

Don't wait !!!!!!!

If you have an issue, get after it sooner than later.

The friend I mentioned let his melanoma go for a while. It was his daughter who hauled his ass into the the doctor. Doctor told him it was deep and he was lucky. Another year and it would have been in his lymph nodes and all over the place.....bad prognosis.

I realize Covid was a factor for a lot of people. And this is not a rebuke of anyone. But the sooner the better.

I had a spot show up on my neck (dark and it appeared fast). Got in fast. They called it a stage zero melanoma (it was just getting started). Surgery took care of it. 4 inch cut on my neck. six months later, you had to look hard to see it.

Don't wait !!!!!!!
Well about two years ago on a skin cancer check by my doctor... she found a mole on the cheek of my butt, which has never seen sunshine....

I could barely twist to see it so she took a picture to show me.....it was a small freckle to me...but it had a little comma on it, so she cut it out and sent it off for cancer testing and it was what you had, stage zero, melanoma and she went back in and cut out a little more.....and that, was that...

Even places that are not exposed to sun, and unlikely places for skin cancer, you can still have cancer! That was surprising!

My dad has had both, and I guess you can now put me in that category.... They found his first skin cancer about 30 years ago... He just goes twice a year for a skin cancer check up with a dermatologist and has the moles removed.... He hasn't had any new occurrences for the past 10 years.... I obviously inherited his weakness.... My older sister has had none! No skin cancer at all! She must have gotten the good genes from my mom! :).

Forum List

Back