Let's just say it

For far too long the GOP caved on the threats of the Dems. We finally have some ready to stand and demand they give some too. Compromise isn't about one side making all the concessions. I hope they stand their ground.
Right. They should have been resisting this spending binge of shit long ago.

Shame Bush didn't learn that lesson...but the point is moot. He's gobe. Obama tripled down on it.

Last edited:
And I dare to dream that everybody actually read the article, instead of the usual kneejerk reactions. ;)

I read most of the first page of the first link. Please tell me you are not trying to pass that off as some kind of non-partisan attempt at reasonable journalism. It was slanted so far left I got a kink in my neck while reading it.

Immie

of course she is..

And I dare to dream that everybody actually read the article, instead of the usual kneejerk reactions. ;)

I read most of the first page of the first link. Please tell me you are not trying to pass that off as some kind of non-partisan attempt at reasonable journalism. It was slanted so far left I got a kink in my neck while reading it.

Immie

Okay, what do you disagree with.

Tone basically.

They did it. They are the bad guys. We are the good guys. Everything they do is evil. The Dems are gods and we all need to vote for them... anyone got a barf bag handy?

Hell, if they had tried to mis-spell 80% of the words, we would not be able to tell if they wrote it or if TDM had written it.

When somebody tells me their side is all good and the other side is all bad, I can be pretty certain that they are so full of shit, that there really is no reason to listen to them any further.

Immie

Last edited:
this damn Brooks article has been posted here already about 15 times..

as for the other, I like to call them, alteredworld

sheesh

Let me ask a question of the Democrats here if I were to post some opinion pieces about the Democratic party from say Sean Hannity or Ann Coulter would you take them any more serious than the conservatives are taking the stuff from the Post and Alternet?

Immie

Okay, what do you disagree with.

Tone basically.

They did it. They are the bad guys. We are the good guys. Everything they do is evil. The Dems are gods and we all need to vote for them... anyone got a barf bag handy?

Hell, if they had tried to mis-spell 80% of the words, we would not be able to tell if they wrote it or if TDM had written it.

When somebody tells me their side is all good and the other side is all bad, I can be pretty certain that they are so full of shit, that there really is no reason to listen to them any further.

Immie

Immie? All you and the rest of us need to remember is that Liberty of the individual is paramount...go from there.

Frankly, I'm surprised that more conservative Republicans on this board aren't wondering what the hell happened to their party.

And since the country isn't split on geographical lines, I don't see how we would have another civil war, but it certainly looks like we are due.

I vote R, work for them, support them, etc., but my heart's barely in it. As I see it, the Republicans are a "dead party walking" -- as time goes on, they're only going to get smaller and less popular. This is because the shrinking white majority is the lifeblood of the party.

And because the GOP won't admit any of this, it's hard for me to get behind them. As you'll notice from my posts, my defense of the GOP is tepid, followed by a stronger-but-still-halfhearted defense of conservatism, followed by a full-throated defense of the white race. That's where the real deal is, to my mind.

The alternet article is a little overheated, but I don't think he knows what kind of civil war is coming.

I guess my hope is that a white advocacy spin-off comes from the GOP. That would be its only use.

I mean shit, never mind the idiots in Washington, the major parties, etc. THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA is on a course for death, and I'm thinking about what comes next. Goal: the white race emerges from the wreckage with a new nation.

Let’s just say it: The Republicans are the problem. - The Washington Post

Today's GOP: Worst Political Party Since the Civil War | | AlterNet

It was a move without parallel. The entirety of a party threatened to deliberately hurt the country unless their rivals paid a hefty ransom -- in this case, debt reduction. It didn't matter that Republicans were largely responsible for the debt in the first place, and it didn't matter that Republicans routinely raised the debt ceiling dozens of times over the last several decades.

This wasn't just another partisan dispute; it was a scandal for the ages. This one radical scheme helped lead to the first-ever downgrade of U.S. debt; it riled financial markets and generated widespread uncertainty about the stability of the American system; and it severely undermined American credibility on the global stage. Indeed, in many parts of the world, observers didn't just lose respect for us, they were actually laughing at us.

It's the kind of thing that should have scarred the Republican Party for a generation. Not only did that never happen, the Republican hostage-takers are already vowing to create this identical crisis all over again, on purpose.

Frankly, I'm surprised that more conservative Republicans on this board aren't wondering what the hell happened to their party.

And since the country isn't split on geographical lines, I don't see how we would have another civil war, but it certainly looks like we are due.

Congratulations, you have become rdean/truthmatters/swallow/franco. Enjoy the company of your fellow far, far, far left, mindless irrelevant idiots.

That said, I wouldn't be too high on the Democrats, either. They're a motley collection of groups that don't like each other much anyway -- unions, upper-class crunchies, blacks, Jews, Hispanics, Asians, gays -- unified only by their opposition to Regular White America. That's one rickety contraption right there. As a one-party phenomenon, they'd eat themselves from the insides out.

It was a move without parallel. The entirety of a party threatened to deliberately hurt the country unless their rivals paid a hefty ransom -- in this case, debt reduction. It didn't matter that Republicans were largely responsible for the debt in the first place, and it didn't matter that Republicans routinely raised the debt ceiling dozens of times over the last several decades.
To the radical right, it indeed doesn’t matter.

I feel like I'm going for a roller coaster ride I don't want to take.

I know the feeling.

To the radical right, it indeed doesn’t matter.

I feel like I'm going for a roller coaster ride I don't want to take.

I know the feeling.

It IS going to happen, and the R's ARE fine with it - so what is wrong with the article? It's the truth. Really bad things happen, they refuse to own any of them, even if Boehner got 98% of what he wanted, and it's about to happen again.

Please people, the line below should tell you these people are out of their MINDS with their bullshit..

It was a move without parallel. The entirety of a party threatened to deliberately hurt the country unless their rivals paid a hefty ransom

links in article at site..

4/12/11 at 3:40 PM

SNIP:

Democrats Suddenly Regret Voting Against Raising the Debt Ceiling Under President BushBy Dan Amira

Over the next few weeks, as Congress approaches its next big budget fight — the vote to raise the debt ceiling — many Democrats are going to find themselves in an uncomfortable position. As Republicans threaten to withhold support for raising the ceiling unless the Democrats make spending concessions, Democrats will inevitably climb up on their high horses and exhort them to refrain from playing politics with such an important issue. "This is not the time for games," some wrinkly old white Democrat will say, then rightly point out that "the entire economy is at stake."

What he won't mention is that in March of 2006, under President George W. Bush, when Democrats were in the senate minority, then-senator Barack Obama voted against raising the debt ceiling. So did every single one of his Democratic colleagues. The measure passed anyway, 52-48, due to near-universal Republican support. Yesterday, Obama's spokesman expressed some delayed regret for that vote on Obama's behalf:

all of it here..
Democrats Suddenly Regret Voting Against Raising the Debt Ceiling Under President Bush -- Daily Intel

Last edited:

SNIP:

Democrats Suddenly Regret Voting Against Raising the Debt Ceiling Under President BushBy Dan Amira

Over the next few weeks, as Congress approaches its next big budget fight — the vote to raise the debt ceiling — many Democrats are going to find themselves in an uncomfortable position. As Republicans threaten to withhold support for raising the ceiling unless the Democrats make spending concessions, Democrats will inevitably climb up on their high horses and exhort them to refrain from playing politics with such an important issue. "This is not the time for games," some wrinkly old white Democrat will say, then rightly point out that "the entire economy is at stake."

What he won't mention is that in March of 2006, under President George W. Bush, when Democrats were in the senate minority, then-senator Barack Obama voted against raising the debt ceiling. So did every single one of his Democratic colleagues. The measure passed anyway, 52-48, due to near-universal Republican support. Yesterday, Obama's spokesman expressed some delayed regret for that vote on Obama's behalf:

all of it here..
Democrats Suddenly Regret Voting Against Raising the Debt Ceiling Under President Bush -- Daily Intel

Even Obama was against it...before he was FOR it...:eusa_shhh:

SNIP:

all of it here..

Even Obama was against it...before he was FOR it...:eusa_shhh:

He evolved.

Immie

Forum List

Back