Legal US pot sales soar to $5.4B in 2015: Report

Confounding

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2016
That's a lot of money that didn't go to the black market. Maybe we should legalize in more states so more money goes to legitimate businesses rather than black market drug lords.

Legal US pot sales soar to $5.4B in 2015

Legal U.S. pot sales soared to $5.4 billion for 2015, up 17.4 percent from $4.6 billion in 2014, according to data released Monday by the ArcView Group, which tracks the cannabis markets.

• Banned
Yeah, far out dude !
Then we could lose our minds everywhere man !

Can I assume your hilarious sarcasm means you don't support legalization? If so, why? People are going to do what they want to do regardless of what the law says; the failure of the drug war has demonstrated that. All the legal status does is determine who is going to be making a profit by supplying that demand. Is it not better to have that money going to legitimate businesses that employ people and pay taxes?

Last edited:
I have never used Pot---but I have been curious about it for decades---
now that it is legal------I have COMPLETELY lost my appetite for trying it

It is a benefit to the drug dealers to get more addicts and increase their market share.

I hope that the legal market really cuts into the cartels. Make it hurt. Start a drug war.

That's a lot of money that didn't go to the black market. Maybe we should legalize in more states so more money goes to legitimate businesses rather than black market drug lords.

Legal U.S. pot sales soared to $5.4 billion for 2015, up 17.4 percent from $4.6 billion in 2014, according to data released Monday by the ArcView Group, which tracks the cannabis markets.

I've said it all along.

State and Fed Governments should regulate and tax pot like they do cigarettes and alcohol. They would never have to raise taxes again. In fact they could probably lower taxes.

A smart move since many smoke pot and don't seem to care how much they have to pay for it.

Wonder if anyone in Govt. has the brains to figure it out??

If we were to take people off the streets and sell them to slavers or organ traffickers the government could get out of debt in a matter of months. Wonder if anyone in government has the brains to figure this out?

Legal tax collecting pot should strip the cartels of their profits. Really hurt, then the drug war would turn into a real blood letter right here.

I can't believe idiots today think pot is a drug. The CIA really buttfucked their brainwashed minds with "Reefer Madness." Of course pot should be legal, and it should NOT be taxed. No reason government scum should benefit from person to person freewill activity. Although, welfare folks should be taxed every time they engage in activity that results in possible reproduction

"Legitimate business"? Are you aware that pot is illegal? Trust me, federal law trumps state law.

I can't believe idiots today think pot is a drug. The CIA really buttfucked their brainwashed minds with "Reefer Madness." Of course pot should be legal, and it should NOT be taxed. No reason government scum should benefit from person to person freewill activity. Although, welfare folks should be taxed every time they engage in activity that results in possible reproduction

Well, then, once you come down, try to find the time to affect change in DC. That is if you aren't too stoned to get off the couch...

Are you aware that pot is illegal?

:rolleyes:

Yes, that's why I am advocating for it to be legalized. Legalization leads to legitimate businesses that employ people and pay taxes. Would you rather that money be in the hands of gangs and drug lords?

Are you aware that pot is illegal?

:rolleyes:

Yes, that's why I am advocating for it to be legalized. Legalization leads to legitimate businesses that employ people and pay taxes. Would you rather that money be in the hands of gangs and drug lords?
I would like to see the same kind of drug war here between the Mexican cartels and the US cartel that they have in Mexico . Legalize it, make the US government just another cartel and see who wins.

I would like to see the same kind of drug war here between the Mexican cartels and the US cartel that they have in Mexico . Legalize it, make the US government just another cartel and see who wins.

How would legal marijuana make the United States comparable to Mexican drug cartels?

How would legal marijuana make the United States comparable to Mexican drug cartels?
You are talking about a word. Legal. To the cartels, what they are doing is legal. Legal or illegal, the act is the same. Distributing drugs to the public for money. That makes the US government just the newest cartel.

The money will still be in the hands of gangs and drug lords.

Do you seriously believe it doesn't make a difference? Do you not see that the private sector would benefit immensely? Do you not see that the black market would be hindered? How about all of the money we would save by not enforcing laws that jail people for nonviolent crimes?

Legal or illegal, the act is the same. Distributing drugs to the public for money.

Legalized marijuana would benefit more than just the government. Our economy would benefit as well. People would open businesses all over the country and employ people. You know, jobs. That thing politicians always claim to care about.

Don't you think selling drugs is a job? It's a business. They employ people. The cartels operate the majority of legal outlets.

When your kid is high, makes some misjudgment and ends up dead in a drug related incident, will you feel better if he got the pot from a legal outlet?

Forum List

Back