Flint water victims can't sue the government. That's another crime.

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
This goes back to what I said about a week ago that people who think they can trust a corrupt government more than a corrupt private institution are completely misguided. The laws protect government malfeasance from those who would seek justice from it.

President Obama has pledged to hand Flint $85 million in aid money. This sounds like a lot, but the fact of the matter is that it is far less than what Flint's victims would have gotten if a corporation — rather than government — had been the culprit. That's because, unlike private companies, the government is shielded from liability lawsuits.

This would be an excellent argument for the wholesale privatization of public utilities, but, alas, privatization is a dirty word in the liberal lexicon.

A couple kids got indigestion.

Some black kids might display aggressive behavior in the future. Lead in the water; yeah, that's it.

Grow a fucking dick, you pansy. People should be enriched because someone made an honest error in judgment?

Hmmm. Yet....police departments get sued daily. May need to clarify about suing the government.

Some black kids might display aggressive behavior in the future. Lead in the water; yeah, that's it.

Grow a fucking dick, you pansy. People should be enriched because someone made an honest error in judgment?

What fucking what? Lead poisoning is indigestion?

How whacked out are you buddy?

I wonder how this poster would feel if they or their kids were poisoned?

This goes back to what I said about a week ago that people who think they can trust a corrupt government more than a corrupt private institution are completely misguided. The laws protect government malfeasance from those who would seek justice from it.

President Obama has pledged to hand Flint $85 million in aid money. This sounds like a lot, but the fact of the matter is that it is far less than what Flint's victims would have gotten if a corporation — rather than government — had been the culprit. That's because, unlike private companies, the government is shielded from liability lawsuits.

This would be an excellent argument for the wholesale privatization of public utilities, but, alas, privatization is a dirty word in the liberal lexicon.

Here's where it gets dicey and I can see both sides. The taxpayer did not cause these screw ups in Flint. So how should they be on the hook?

ON THE OTHER HAND

Who should pay? Clearly government agencies were at fault here. How does one solve this?

This is the second time this century, idiot, ie the American stupid has been handed a playbook on why the federal government is a must when dealing with human beings, ie corrupt white mf's.......the feds looked the other way and our banks brought this country and the world economy' to its knees....and now Flint. You simple minded dumb fucks can cry all the hell you want about the feds....but gotdamit, every fuckin time we allow the private sector to take over, it FUCKS OVER PEOPLE...WHY CAN'T YOU MORONIC SIMPS GET THAT THROUGH YOUR GOTDAMNED HEADS....JEWS, WHITEY, ETC....THEM PRIVATE MF'S FUCK YOU EVERY TIME!!

I wonder how this poster would feel if they or their kids were poisoned?

That post was so ignorant it defies explanation.

This is the second time this century, idiot, ie the American stupid has been handed a playbook on why the federal government is a must when dealing with human beings, ie corrupt white mf's.......the feds looked the other way and our banks brought this country and the world economy' to its knees....and now Flint. You simple minded dumb fucks can cry all the hell you want about the feds....but gotdamit, every fuckin time we allow the private sector to take over, it FUCKS OVER PEOPLE...WHY CAN'T YOU MORONIC SIMPS GET THAT THROUGH YOUR GOTDAMNED HEADS....JEWS, WHITEY, ETC....THEM PRIVATE MF'S FUCK YOU EVERY TIME!!

:lol:

It was the government agencies that poisoned the people.

You might want to edit or delete to save yourself further embarrassment.

Tell you what, why don't you......get a glass of that Flint honest error of judgment and feed that shit to your gotdamn family for a few years, then lets talk...otherwise, I suggest you stuff a sock up your ass.

it was a combined effort, the mayor and private city managers that caused this mess. Listen, don't send for me unless you have your facts, k?

Here's where it gets dicey and I can see both sides. The taxpayer did not cause these screw ups in Flint. So how should they be on the hook?

The taxpayers vote for their government and you get the government you vote for. Maybe people should pay better attention to who they are putting in office.

So what do you do when you have been so betrayed ? Don't get me wrong here. I don't want anyone left off the hook. I am so appalled at what has happened. But the taxpayers of Michigan who fund the government aren't to blame in this either.

This one is so tough. And no one still knows the extent of the lead poisoning. This terrifies me. I'm still dealing with Grassy Narrows issues to this day as is the government of Ontario and federally Canada.

I have people on this board who make jokes about not worrying about mercury poisoning from the new mandated light bulbs. I don't find it a joke.

You look up Grassy Narrows and neither will you. Lead poisoning must be treated in the same way.

But who the hell do you sue? Who makes this right again?

it was a combined effort, the mayor and private city managers that caused this mess. Listen, don't send for me unless you have your facts, k?

The EPA cleared the water for drinking, you dumbass. Why do you think a high ranking official just resigned.

Nice anti-Semitic rant, by the way.

I'm loaded for bear.

None of the politicians created this bloody mess. Check your time lines.

The taxpayers vote for their government and you get the government you vote for. Maybe people should pay better attention to who they are putting in office.

But here none of the politicians are to blame. Look I thought the Flint Council rocked when they made this decision to switch from Detroit Water and Sewage to the new provider KWA.

It was really sensible. Then Detroit Water and Sewage decides to f Flint over and squeeze them so they had no option but to go with Flint River until KWA was up and running.

Believe it or not none of these politicians are to blame. It's the bad actors in the government agencies who knew from the first moment Flint River came on line that the lead was going thru the roof.

But how can you blame a Mayor? Or a City Council? Or a Governor when the bloody Department of Health and Human Services and your own EPA are lying their asses off to them and to the public?

I don't think lead poisoning can be referred to as "indigestion"

I've been reading about the Flint, Michigan situation and it's outrageous and absolutely criminal.

Tell you what, why don't you......get a glass of that Flint honest error of judgment and feed that shit to your gotdamn family for a few years, then lets talk...otherwise, I suggest you stuff a sock up your ass.
The government should pay big time! Can't sell their homes, are getting screwed financially, can't move! This is a travesty of epic proportions. I can't believe people are blaming the people of flint and calling it an error or oversite. I can't imagine not using water for baths or cleaning. All those officials/politicians should be behind bars for life. People want stiff penalties for petty crime to deter criminals. Politicians should have stiff penalties for the damages they cause, to deter corruption.

Meanwhile at least unions are helping out. This is awesome! We need more of this!

300 Union Plumbers Spent The Weekend Installing Water Filters For Flint Residents For Free

You are psychotic and should be forcibly sterilized.

Forum List

Back