Legal US pot sales soar to $5.4B in 2015: Report

Relevant: Marijuana Legalization in Colorado Is Killing Mexican Drug Cartels

Since 2014, Mexican drug cartels have been suffering economically after marijuana was legalized and became conveniently available in Colorado. Operations in Mexico and along the southern border of the United States have reportedly been affected. According to an ABC News article, the legal production, sale and distribution of recreational marijuana in Colorado is one of the contributors of reduced smuggling operations by Mexican drug cartels. A post on the Weed Blog, a site that supports marijuana use and legalization, also acknowledges that drug trafficking by Mexican drug cartels waned, seeing a decline of up to 70 percent over the past two years in relation to Colorado's change in legislation. The findings were confirmed by an official report by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration in October 2015. The report indicated that there has been a year-on-year 23 percent reduction in border smuggling in 2014.

A huge waste of money is the drug war. News flash, its lost. Drugs are a big part of american tradition and culture. Millions upon millions of hard working Americans use them to make it through the rat race. Pot is the most popular. Only a miss priss is against legalizing it. Like its going to damage society any more than it already is.

A huge waste of money is the drug war. News flash, its lost. Drugs are a big part of american tradition and culture. Millions upon millions of hard working Americans use them to make it through the rat race. Pot is the most popular. Only a miss priss is against legalizing it. Like its going to damage society any more than it already is.
I want drugs legalized. I don't want users in jail. I want them dead. I want the drug cartels to wage a real drug war here like they do in Mexico. Legalize all drugs so that users can get krocodil at the gas station. Jump out windows, impale yourselves on spiked fences. Shoot one another. As long as it puts users in the ground it should be legal.

I want drugs legalized. I don't want users in jail. I want them dead. I want the drug cartels to wage a real drug war here like they do in Mexico. Legalize all drugs so that users can get krocodil at the gas station. Jump out windows, impale yourselves on spiked fences. Shoot one another. As long as it puts users in the ground it should be legal.
they should include you in the next big documentary about pot...."reefer madness-the reboot".....

something very, very bad happened to someone you care about, didn't it? and it had to do with drugs.

I can't believe idiots today think pot is a drug. The CIA really buttfucked their brainwashed minds with "Reefer Madness." Of course pot should be legal, and it should NOT be taxed. No reason government scum should benefit from person to person freewill activity. Although, welfare folks should be taxed every time they engage in activity that results in possible reproduction
Of course it's a drug. Why on Earth would you think it isn't?

Plants aren't drugs, they're plants. It's only when you start processing a natural substance and extracting the active ingredients out of it that it becomes a drug.

My opinion? If you want to chew cocoa leaves, go right ahead, it's no worse than having a cup of coffee and it helps you acclimate to altitude. However, process the cocoa leaves and extract the cocaine out of it? Then it's a drug.

Smoking plants shouldn't be illegal. We do it with tobacco.
I realize yours is a popular opinion among some, but it is 100% wrong. Drugs don't have to be in a pill. Pot is a drug, same as tobacco and alcohol. I'm perfectly okay with recreational use of all three, but PLEASE don't take Tipsycat's advice to chew some foxglove. It'll kill you just as quick if you chew the leaves as if you load up on digitalis from the doc. Plenty of people harvesting wild salad greens have died making that mistake. Same with Jimson weed, straight out of the field. A friend way back ingested some, lost his mind and danced barefoot in a campfire. It took four people to get him in the car and to the hospital he was fighting so hard. Lost 2/3 of both feet and didn't know anyone for a week.
Just because the active drug is located in a seed, root or leaf doesn't make it less of a drug. You should have respect for that. With that said, toke away.

I can't believe idiots today think pot is a drug. The CIA really buttfucked their brainwashed minds with "Reefer Madness." Of course pot should be legal, and it should NOT be taxed. No reason government scum should benefit from person to person freewill activity. Although, welfare folks should be taxed every time they engage in activity that results in possible reproduction

Plants aren't drugs, they're plants. It's only when you start processing a natural substance and extracting the active ingredients out of it that it becomes a drug.

My opinion? If you want to chew cocoa leaves, go right ahead, it's no worse than having a cup of coffee and it helps you acclimate to altitude. However, process the cocoa leaves and extract the cocaine out of it? Then it's a drug.

I realize yours is a popular opinion among some, but it is 100% wrong. Drugs don't have to be in a pill. Pot is a drug, same as tobacco and alcohol. I'm perfectly okay with recreational use of all three, but PLEASE don't take Tipsycat's advice to chew some foxglove. It'll kill you just as quick if you chew the leaves as if you load up on digitalis from the doc. Plenty of people harvesting wild salad greens have died making that mistake. Same with Jimson weed, straight out of the field. A friend way back ingested some, lost his mind and danced barefoot in a campfire. It took four people to get him in the car and to the hospital he was fighting so hard. Lost 2/3 of both feet and didn't know anyone for a week.
Just because the active drug is located in a seed, root or leaf doesn't make it less of a drug. You should have respect for that. With that said, toke away.
It's just a plant. Plants are harmless. They grow in the ground.

something very, very bad happened to someone you care about, didn't it? and it had to do with drugs.
I spent 35 years as an attorney watching drugs destroy lives. Including marijuana use. My step granddaughter let her little girl get hit by a car because she was high. The little girl lived but her legs were crushed. Three adults living in a home medicate nightly. They had no idea that one young cousin was molesting a younger cousin until the six year old ran away. That just went to court yesterday.

Not to mention the odd corpse now and then decomposing in an alley. This is a major city, that's to be expected.

The cartels should start doing to the US government cartel what they do to rivals in Mexico.

I spent 35 years as an attorney watching drugs destroy lives.

Your perspective is warped because of your exposure to that. If your argument is really that drugs should be illegal because stupid things can happen as a result of them then you must also believe that alcohol should be illegal.

I spent 35 years as an attorney watching drugs destroy lives.

Your perspective is warped because of your exposure to that. If your argument is really that drugs should be illegal because stupid things can happen as a result of them then you must also believe that alcohol should be illegal.

If there are 10,000 drunks on the road, is driver safety improved by adding 10,000 stoned drivers and another 10,000 who are both stoned and drunk?

I don't care if alcohol is illegal, I don't drink. But there is a sickness in this country that leads people to believe they cannot get through a day without being high. Let that sickness run its course. Stop helping them. Let them starve in the streets. Make the non judicial penalties so harsh, so draconian, that people are forced to make a different decision.

If there are 10,000 drunks on the road, is driver safety improved by adding 10,000 stoned drivers and another 10,000 who are both stoned and drunk?

Stoned people are already driving on the roads. We're not benefiting from keeping it illegal in any way.

I spent 35 years as an attorney watching drugs destroy lives. Including marijuana use. My step granddaughter let her little girl get hit by a car because she was high. The little girl lived but her legs were crushed. Three adults living in a home medicate nightly. They had no idea that one young cousin was molesting a younger cousin until the six year old ran away. That just went to court yesterday.

Not to mention the odd corpse now and then decomposing in an alley. This is a major city, that's to be expected.

The cartels should start doing to the US government cartel what they do to rivals in Mexico.
I'm sorry those things happened to your family.

No one listen to her.

I'm sorry those things happened to your family.

No one listen to her.
Those things and worse happen to families across the country. Just let them die. Help them die. Then people might start making different decisions.

Over ten times as many people in our states died of drug OD's last year as died in homicides. They are dying in droves and it isn't slowing anyone down.
Did it ever cross your mind to attack the drug dealers/lack of education among young people/doctors who over-prescribe opiates rather than the addicts?
I've seen drugs destroy lots of lives and lots of families, cause untold pain. I say "goddammed drugs" at least once a week. The only difference between us is that I don't hate the people that have been destroyed. And in my personal experience, marijuana alone is never the culprit. But that's just my experience.

I wonder if Tipsy knows that narcotic overdoses have gone DOWN in CO since they legalized marijuana?

Seems that cannabis is helping to prevent people from killing themselves.

Forum List

Back