Laughingstock: Biden claims he played "flankerback" in college

s-l500.jpg
Maybe the Gipper was a flanker back. No doubt old Joe was much better than him. Lol
1669830338024.png

And if you knew anything about football you'd know that position was simply called "flanker".
Nobody who actually played would call themselves a flanker back.
It's like a plumber calling himself a "plumber man"
Look, if you don't know jackshit about football it is better to be thought a fool and keep your mouth shut than to open it and remove all doubt. For instance,

Over a myriad collection of great receivers which includes a list of players such as: Jerry Rice, Michael Irvin, Art Monk, James Lofton, Andre Reed, Marvin Harrison — Tim Brown ranks as the best “Flankerback” as I ever saw. His remarkable college career transformed him from a mild-mannered college player, to a mild-mannered tycoon-in-the-making big playmaker spritely flanker that we’ve ever seen

How about this, from 1965

Morris, Flankerback, Signs For 8th Season With Bears​

I recognized the position immediately, but like I said, I am old as dirt, but I also know a little about the game of football. You guys are so desperate to play "gotcha" with Biden that you don't even do a minimal amount of research to prevent yourselves from looking like total fools.

Update: Hubby laughed and asked me who told me about a flanker back. Told him Potato said he was one at some point.

He snickered
So, he didn't say there was no such thing as a flanker back. "who told me about a flanker back". But then again, it is highly doubtful that he ever played in a single wing formation. It dropped out of favor in the early 1960's and was pretty much obsolete by the end of the decade. Although it may very well be making a comeback. It spreads out the defense, and the continued use of halfbacks as receivers, especially out of the slot, harkens a return to the "flanker back" position.

But context is everything. Biden was talking about playing in High School and his freshmen year in college, a time when the single wing was utilized, and a time when professional players considered themselves "flanker backs", as indicated from the historical links I listed.

So, he didn't say there was no such thing as a flanker back. "who told me about a flanker back". But then again, it is highly doubtful that he ever played in a single wing formation. It dropped out of favor in the early 1960's and was pretty much obsolete by the end of the decade. Although it may very well be making a comeback. It spreads out the defense, and the continued use of halfbacks as receivers, especially out of the slot, harkens a return to the "flanker back" position.

But context is everything. Biden was talking about playing in High School and his freshmen year in college, a time when the single wing was utilized, and a time when professional players considered themselves "flanker backs", as indicated from the historical links I listed.

Dude get lost already. There's no such thing as a flanker back. You're wasting your time

Your senile tater fckd up again

Look, if you don't know jackshit about football it is better to be thought a fool and keep your mouth shut than to open it and remove all doubt. For instance,

Over a myriad collection of great receivers which includes a list of players such as: Jerry Rice, Michael Irvin, Art Monk, James Lofton, Andre Reed, Marvin Harrison — Tim Brown ranks as the best “Flankerback” as I ever saw. His remarkable college career transformed him from a mild-mannered college player, to a mild-mannered tycoon-in-the-making big playmaker spritely flanker that we’ve ever seen

How about this, from 1965

Morris, Flankerback, Signs For 8th Season With Bears​

I recognized the position immediately, but like I said, I am old as dirt, but I also know a little about the game of football. You guys are so desperate to play "gotcha" with Biden that you don't even do a minimal amount of research to prevent yourselves from looking like total fools.
Like I said, nobody that actually played called it "flankerback" so thanks for proving you have no idea what you are talking about.
It was always simply called a flanker.
Sometimes the slot receivers are still called flankers but never flankerbacks.
It's like with your buddies. They don't refer to you as a catcher man, do they?
No, you're just a catcher.

I played & coached football for decades, so nice try proggy

Dude get lost already. There's no such thing as a flanker back. You're wasting your time

Your senile tater fckd up again
I have reputable sources that used the term "flankerback". From a contract renewal for a "flankerback" for the Chicago Bears in 1965 to a description from a football commentator concerning the best "flankerback" of all time.

A flanker almost always lines up in the slot. Sometimes he might be on the end, but off the line of scrimmage. He does not line up in the backfield. A halfback always lines up in the backfield, although sometimes he might be on the end next to the tight end as an additional blocker. A flankerback can line up in the slot, or in the backfield, and yes Christain McCaffrery is a "flankerback", period.

Again, the "flankerback" was a common term used in the antiquated single wing offense. But has teams continue to utilize halfbacks in the slot, "flankerback" will be making a comeback. It appears Biden is ahead of the curve here. And you people continue to reveal your ignorance. I mean very early on in this thread two other posters posted the definition of a "flankerback". If it didn't exist, there would be no definition. You are a fool, and a disgrace to all the Irish. You are the one that needs to sit down and STFU.

I have reputable sources that used the term "flankerback". From a contract renewal for a "flankerback" for the Chicago Bears in 1965 to a description from a football commentator concerning the best "flankerback" of all time.

A flanker almost always lines up in the slot. Sometimes he might be on the end, but off the line of scrimmage. He does not line up in the backfield. A halfback always lines up in the backfield, although sometimes he might be on the end next to the tight end as an additional blocker. A flankerback can line up in the slot, or in the backfield, and yes Christain McCaffrery is a "flankerback", period.

Again, the "flankerback" was a common term used in the antiquated single wing offense. But has teams continue to utilize halfbacks in the slot, "flankerback" will be making a comeback. It appears Biden is ahead of the curve here. And you people continue to reveal your ignorance. I mean very early on in this thread two other posters posted the definition of a "flankerback". If it didn't exist, there would be no definition. You are a fool, and a disgrace to all the Irish. You are the one that needs to sit down and STFU.

So go with it. I don't care. You're insignificant in my world

Like I said, nobody that actually played called it "flankerback" so thanks for proving you have no idea what you are talking about.
It was always simply called a flanker.
Sometimes the slot receivers are still called flankers but never flankerbacks.
It's like with your buddies. They don't refer to you as a catcher man, do they?
No, you're just a catcher.

I played & coached football for decades, so nice try proggy
It was called a "flankerback" when I played in a single wing formation. While I doubt your ever coached more than a pee wee flag football team, I highly doubt you know what a single wing formation is or any of the multiple subvariants. But at least this thread as established one thing, Joe Biden did play football. I doubt Donald Trump has ever even put on a damn helmet.

Forum List

Back