Laughingstock: Biden claims he played "flankerback" in college

Any guesses on what "flankerback" is?

Let's hear from the cult: Mac1958? rightwinger? okfine? Synthaholic? This is your guy, what's he trying to say?

flankerback​

flank·er·back​

(flăng′kər-băk′)
n. Football
A halfback stationed just behind the line of scrimmage and slightly wide of the central part of theformation, used chiefly as a pass receiver.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by HoughtonMifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved. The

It was called a "flankerback" when I played in a single wing formation. While I doubt your ever coached more than a pee wee flag football team, I highly doubt you know what a single wing formation is or any of the multiple subvariants. But at least this thread as established one thing, Joe Biden did play football. I doubt Donald Trump has ever even put on a damn helmet.
I'm sure you did call it "flankerback" like the other HS freshman team benchwarmers that never got in a game.
Real players, the ones actually on the field, have always just said flanker.
If you believe a word out of diaper dudes mouth after all this time, there is really no hope for you.

I was on a staff that ran a lot of single wing on a HS state champ program. QB/receivers (flankers) coach.
Boring offense but could pop some big runs if the D wasn't assignment sound.
I much prefer the wide open sets of today but have coached different systems.

Nice try but wrong again proggy

Any guesses on what "flankerback" is?

Let's hear from the cult: Mac1958? rightwinger? okfine? Synthaholic? This is your guy, what's he trying to say?

1669844064602.png

I'm sure you did call it "flankerback" like the other HS freshman team benchwarmers that never got in a game.
Real players, the ones actually on the field, have always just said flanker.
If you believe a word out of diaper dudes mouth after all this time, there is really no hope for you.

I was on a staff that ran a lot of single wing on a HS state champ program. QB/receivers (flankers) coach.
Boring offense but could pop some big runs if the D wasn't assignment sound.
I much prefer the wide open sets of today but have coached different systems.

Nice try but wrong again proggy
Did your "flankers" line up in backfield half of the time? I mean what is so hard to understand? If half the time you line up in the backfield, and half the time you line up in the slot or at the end but behind the line of scrimmage, you are a damn "flanker back".

He's just confused again & misspoke.
Pedo Joe meant to say he was a flunker/hack in college, which is factually correct.

He's also claimed to be an All-American in dunkersack which I believe means he's balls deep in something
Factually, you're uninformed.

:oops8: :oops8: :oops8: :oops8: :oops8: :oops8: :oops8: :oops8:

Vice President Joe Biden Caught In Lie About Playing Football? (UPDATE)

As sportswriter Grantland Rice is credited with saying in one form or another, "It's not that you won or lost, but how you played the game."
In Vice President Joe Biden's case, it's whether he played the game at all.
Conservative bloggers are claiming that Biden lied when he recently told campaign supporters that he played football for the University of Delaware. They say he never played a down and never was on the playing roster.
ADVERTISEMENT

Biden's press secretary, Kendra Barkoff, emailed The Huffington Post a quote from Delaware coaching great Tubby Raymond -- an assistant during Biden's time -- reading, "He was on the team!"

But the Gateway Pundit is piling on with claims that Biden's tale of gridiron glory fumbled with the truth in a big way. In a story titled "The Longest Yarn," the website recounted Biden's speech at a campaign stop on Sept. 8 in Athens, Ohio. He told the crowd that the last time he visited Athens, on Oct. 19, 1963, he was playing for Delaware against Ohio University. He added that he nearly got arrested for walking into a women's dormitory.
The site wrote that an examination of old school yearbooks debunks Biden's story, because he is not listed as playing football in any of the years he attended (1961-65). It also cited a Biden interview in a 1984 Delaware yearbook in which he mentioned playing intramural football (flag football) -- but nothing about playing intercollegiate tackle football.
In a post titled "Win One For The Fibber," Breitbart.com detailed the Sept. 8 campaign-stop speech in which he recalled visiting Ohio University that day in 1963 because “my football team, the University of Delaware, came to avenge a loss.”
ADVERTISEMENT

"I came, I was a football player," Biden said. "I came here in 1963, and I had to go back, I just double checked my memory – you know, you get my age and you’re not so sure of it, you know, your glory days look more glorious than they really were and all that, so we went back on the Internet and I just want you to know, I came here in October 1963, and we beat you Bobcats 29-12."
In the CBS snippet above, Biden seems to swallow the word "player" as he says it.
The score was correct, but Breitbart -- which also says it checked yearbooks and Internet databases -- insisted Biden played no part on the field. In fact, it pointed out that in Biden's own memoir, "Promises To Keep: On Life And Politics," he wrote that he gave up playing football before the season even started.

NBC News wrote that Biden told the same story on a 2008 campaign stop, declaring to the crowd, "I went to the University of Delaware, and we came out here to play Ohio University."
The school's sports information department told HuffPost that he played briefly on the freshman team in 1961. However, he never played varsity football at Delaware and did not play in the 1963 game at Ohio University.

flankerback-dies-from-injury.html

That was 1968

You dopes
Congratulations, some NYT writer flake that couldn't pick out a football from a tetherball called it flankerback.
I'm assuming it wasn't Napoleon Dynamite because at least he knew the difference.
Wait, maybe he wrote for his HS paper & interviewed a lot of bench warmers? :rolleyes:

Once again, nobody that played the position ever called it "flankerback" except (possibly) some leather helmet guys & even the diaper dude isn't that old.

He's just confused again & misspoke.
Pedo Joe meant to say he was a flunker/hack in college, which is factually correct.

He's also claimed to be an All-American in dunkersack which I believe means he's balls deep in something

You can't read. Biden never said he was all American. Can't any of you Trumpies read?

Trump said COVID would be gone by Apr 2020. Grow up.

Biden said the vax works, you dumb fuck. It does not and you know it.

Trump and the vax can kiss my ass!

You are a fucking sheep.

I love how you are cool with Biden lying and killing people. You are in a cult.

Biden said the vax works, you dumb fuck. It does not and you know it.

Trump and the vax can kiss my ass!

You are a fucking sheep.

I love how you are cool with Biden lying and killing people. You are in a cult.

Don't be absurd. The virus is still around but it's not killing people. Haven't you been vaccinated?

The Biden haters and their obsession on flanker back just goes to show you that they are mere ostriches with their head buried in the sand. From the, what we will now call, the "flanker back" speech.

We fully vaccinated — when I came to office, there were 2 million people vaccinated. We vaccinated 220 million people, saving thousands of lives. (Applause.)

And we’re rebuilding our infrastructure. And, Governor, we’re fixing the damn roads. (Applause.) Well, I cam- — I came and campaigned for the first time she ran for governor. She ran on the platform of “fix the damn roads.” Well, it stuck in my mind. I kept my promise. We’re going to fix your damn roads in a big way, to the tune of billions of dollars — bridges and airports as well.

And we’re lowering prescription drug cost. Anybody — a senior citizen on Medicare, the fact — I mean, the fact is that — and it won’t take effect until January 1st, but from that point on, you’ll pay $35 for your insulin, not $400 a month for your insulin. (Applause.)

And we’ve strengthened American manufacturing. We’ve creating more jobs in the first two years of any presidency: 735,000 manufacturing jobs. (Applause.) Manufacturing jobs. And we’re still counting. (Applause.)

And Michigan will once again become the manufacturing hub of the nation, and that’s not a joke. Because when I got to the United States Senate as a 29-year-old kid — I had to wait a couple days to be sworn in — but when I got there, this was the — one of the epicenters of manufacturing.

And we’re addressing the climate crisis as well. The climate plan we just passed is going to reduce emissions by 1 billion metric tons by 2030.

And because of our po- — our policies, gasoline prices are coming down. And what’s most exciting about it: People are starting to feel a sense of optimism and the impact of these legislative achievements in their own lives.

Now all of the above must be true because not a single source has disputed it. Nope, instead they have focused on "flanker back", and rather Biden played college football when in reality, he could have been talking about his High School days in which he put up some impressive stats, at the flanker back position.

What a bunch of real losers, anti-American assholes these Trumpbots are.

The Biden haters and their obsession on flanker back just goes to show you that they are mere ostriches with their head buried in the sand. From the, what we will now call, the "flanker back" speech.

We fully vaccinated — when I came to office, there were 2 million people vaccinated. We vaccinated 220 million people, saving thousands of lives. (Applause.)

And we’re rebuilding our infrastructure. And, Governor, we’re fixing the damn roads. (Applause.) Well, I cam- — I came and campaigned for the first time she ran for governor. She ran on the platform of “fix the damn roads.” Well, it stuck in my mind. I kept my promise. We’re going to fix your damn roads in a big way, to the tune of billions of dollars — bridges and airports as well.

And we’re lowering prescription drug cost. Anybody — a senior citizen on Medicare, the fact — I mean, the fact is that — and it won’t take effect until January 1st, but from that point on, you’ll pay $35 for your insulin, not $400 a month for your insulin. (Applause.)

And we’ve strengthened American manufacturing. We’ve creating more jobs in the first two years of any presidency: 735,000 manufacturing jobs. (Applause.) Manufacturing jobs. And we’re still counting. (Applause.)

And Michigan will once again become the manufacturing hub of the nation, and that’s not a joke. Because when I got to the United States Senate as a 29-year-old kid — I had to wait a couple days to be sworn in — but when I got there, this was the — one of the epicenters of manufacturing.

And we’re addressing the climate crisis as well. The climate plan we just passed is going to reduce emissions by 1 billion metric tons by 2030.

And because of our po- — our policies, gasoline prices are coming down. And what’s most exciting about it: People are starting to feel a sense of optimism and the impact of these legislative achievements in their own lives.

Now all of the above must be true because not a single source has disputed it. Nope, instead they have focused on "flanker back", and rather Biden played college football when in reality, he could have been talking about his High School days in which he put up some impressive stats, at the flanker back position.

What a bunch of real losers, anti-American assholes these Trumpbots are.

Trump is more important to them. They like his brand.

Forum List

Back