Lantern Lighting at Green Lake in Seattle To Commemorate The U.S. Bombing of Hiroshima

Actually before the bombs they asked for 1) No occupation, 2) They disarm themselves and 3) no war crimes trials, and 4)keeping the emperor.
My grandfather was slated for the 2nd wave of the proposed invasion, Bombs away in my book.
You are correct that that was what Japan's position was at that time.

But note that Japan did not ask us for this. The only thing we heard from Japan was a stony silence.

Japan only started talking to us after both atomic bombs had already been dropped.

That is incorrect. Crimes against humanity are acts against civilian populations.

An example of a crime against humanity would be the World Trade Center attack on 9/11.

The atomic bombs were dropped on military targets.

That is incorrect. Japan did not offer to surrender until after both atomic bombs had already been dropped.

That is incorrect. We needed to make Japan surrender.

That is incorrect. Acts of terror target civilians.

The atomic bombs were dropped on military targets.

Russia drew themselves into that war, and it is entirely proper that Russia now is bogged down and being massacred there.

Only for invading Russians who deserve every bit of it.

We are not responsible for Russian aggression.
I hope you'll educate yourself. :)

Seems unlikely.
Yeah - it would have happened by now. :(

It's denial steeped in exceptionalism, and it's ultimately indistinguishable from (for instance) the justifications offered by bin Laden and his adherents for 9/11.

Warmongers READ:

Making it Hard for Japan to Surrender

When Nagasaki was bombed, it had been only 3 days since Hiroshima had been destroyed. There was chaos and confusion in Tokyo, where the military command was meeting with the Emperor Hirohito to discuss how to surrender with honor. The military leadership (of both nations) had known for months that Japan had already lost the war.

The only obstacle to ending the war months earlier had been the Allied Powers insistence on unconditional surrender (which meant that the emperor could be removed from his figurehead position in Japan and perhaps even brought before a war crimes tribunal). That demand was intolerable for Japan’s military leaders, who regarded the emperor as a deity.
The 77th Anniversary of the Bombing of Nagasaki - LewRockwell

Unlike Dirty Harry, I accept your surrender.

I have the consensus of the majority of historians, you have conspiracy theorists with agendas.
Hilarious.
WSZwaWQ9QXBp

Then back it up, we need more than just your word for it

It's common knowledge. Plus for people who believe in this stuff anything I link would be dismissed as "part of the cover-up"

It's a no win situation.

Japan's army demanded no occupation, no war crimes trials, and to manage their own disarmament. It took the Emperor to break the log-jam, and he was only able to move after the bombs were dropped.

Considering we were already incendiary bombing the crap out of Japanese cities due to the combination of their wood construction and dispersed industry, I am always confused why people focus on the bombs.

It's common knowledge. Plus for people who believe in this stuff anything I link would be dismissed as "part of the cover-up"

It's a no win situation.

Japan's army demanded no occupation, no war crimes trials, and to manage their own disarmament. It took the Emperor to break the log-jam, and he was only able to move after the bombs were dropped.

Considering we were already incendiary bombing the crap out of Japanese cities due to the combination of their wood construction and dispersed industry, I am always confused why people focus on the bombs.
You don’t realize how absurd your position is.

I can link Wikipedia, which has referenced sources for things like this, to which you will respond "lol Wikipedia"

Your side linking some opinion piece isn't referencing.

I use Wikipedia a lot, it gets a bad rap for its past.

Forum List

Back