Japan marks 76th anniversary of Hiroshima and Nagasaki nuclear bombings

Another 'scholar' who knows better than the military leaders of the day. Because......well, just because you really, really insist. :rolleyes:
Yes, one military man doesn’t write history. Thousands of others agree the bomb was a good thing to use to save American lives.

Yes, one military man doesn’t write history. ....

Yes I know, leftwingers are all butt hurt we didn’t send thousands of men to their deaths instead of just bombing them until they gave up.

Yes I know, leftwingers are all butt hurt we didn’t send thousands of men to their deaths instead of just bombing them until they gave up.
The worst left winger of all DID send many more thousands of men to their deaths (and finally many, many more civilians) rather than even consider resolving the war before it came to that.

The worst left winger of all DID send many more thousands of men to their deaths (and finally many, many more civilians) rather than even consider resolving the war before it came to that.
Do tell. This should be an interesting fiction.

Riiiight, because them Japanese didn’t ever have any wars until evil white colonists corrupted them. My God how dumb can you be?

Did they have wars? Yup. Did they have wars of aggression against their neighbors? not really

Where did you go to school? Japan?

You probably believe the US didn’t nuke Germany because they were white, and only bombed Japan because of racism. That’s what my Japanese friends in college believed.

They were probably right. Now, putting aside the bomb wasn't available before VE Day, let's look at propaganda at the time.

Propaganda against Germany separated "Nazis" and "Good Germans". There were a lot of good Germans, the US government told my German-born grandparents who still had family in the "Old Country". We just had a problem with the Nazis.

The Japanese, on the other hand, were portrayed as sub-human monsters.

He was full of shit. The Japanese were not ready to surrender. You know, because they didn’t surrender even when given warnings. They didn’t surrender even after Hiroshima.

Facts are stubborn things, indeed.

The nukes did eventually convince them, and it saved millions of lives by preventing an all out invasion of the main islands.

Actually, the nukes weren't much of a factor at all. The deciding factor was the entry of the USSR into the war.

Now Japan was facing two or three new potential fronts against a battle-hardened army with a much more vicious attitude on how to treat enemy civilians.

This was a page in USA's long tradition of inhumanity.

Native American Genocide
American Slavery
Bombing of Japan
Murder of 1,500,000 civilians in Korean War
Murder of over 1,000,000 civilians in Vietnam War

Did they have wars? Yup. Did they have wars of aggression against their neighbors? not really

They were probably right. Now, putting aside the bomb wasn't available before VE Day, let's look at propaganda at the time.

Propaganda against Germany separated "Nazis" and "Good Germans". There were a lot of good Germans, the US government told my German-born grandparents who still had family in the "Old Country". We just had a problem with the Nazis.

The Japanese, on the other hand, were portrayed as sub-human monsters.

Actually, the nukes weren't much of a factor at all. The deciding factor was the entry of the USSR into the war.

Now Japan was facing two or three new potential fronts against a battle-hardened army with a much more vicious attitude on how to treat enemy civilians.
Pearl Harbor. That was the main reason though probably not the only one why Japan was viewed differently from Germany in WWII.

This was a page in USA's long tradition of inhumanity.

Native American Genocide
American Slavery
Bombing of Japan
Murder of 1,500,000 civilians in Korean War
Murder of over 1,000,000 civilians in Vietnam War

Killing over 100,000 civilian Southerns in the Civil War.

Forum List

Back