Lantern Lighting at Green Lake in Seattle To Commemorate The U.S. Bombing of Hiroshima

The mad mullahs say a lot of things. Talk is just that, talk.

But I am sure you are just running over with Iranian friends! :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

Yeah, though they prefer to be called Persians. Unlike you I have a life, and lots of friends from all over the world.

You are clearly a basement dweller.

Yeah, though they prefer to be called Persians. Unlike you I have a life, and lots of friends from all over the world.

You are clearly a basement dweller.

:laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

We never had a basement when I was living in Iran from 1973-78. Not really a big thing over there. Did have cool flat roof I had to shovel snow off of though.

Prove it, you ignorant fool.
Read the great Ralph Raico. He is likely the first true historian you have ever read. Can you open your mind to the truth?

The War Criminal Harry Truman - LewRockwell

By early summer 1945, the Japanese fully realized that they were beaten. Why did they nonetheless fight on? As Anscombe wrote: "It was the insistence on unconditional surrender that was the root of all evil."101

That mad formula was coined by Roosevelt at the Casablanca conference, and, with Churchill’s enthusiastic concurrence, it became the Allied shibboleth. After prolonging the war in Europe, it did its work in the Pacific. At the Potsdam conference, in July 1945, Truman issued a proclamation to the Japanese, threatening them with the "utter devastation" of their homeland unless they surrendered unconditionally. Among the Allied terms, to which "there are no alternatives," was that there be "eliminated for all time the authority and influence of those who have deceived and misled the people of Japan into embarking on world conquest [sic]." "Stern justice," the proclamation warned, "would be meted out to all war criminals."102

To the Japanese, this meant that the emperor – regarded by them to be divine, the direct descendent of the goddess of the sun – would certainly be dethroned and probably put on trial as a war criminal and hanged, perhaps in front of his palace.103It was not, in fact, the U.S. intention to dethrone or punish the emperor. But this implicit modification of unconditional surrender was never communicated to the Japanese. In the end, after Nagasaki, Washington acceded to the Japanese desire to keep the dynasty and even to retain Hirohito as emperor.

Actually before the bombs they asked for 1) No occupation, 2) They disarm themselves and 3) no war crimes trials, and 4)keeping the emperor.

My grandfather was slated for the 2nd wave of the proposed invasion, Bombs away in my book.
Read Ralph Raico posted above and get informed.

:laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

We never had a basement when I was living in Iran from 1973-78. Not really a big thing over there. Did have cool flat roof I had to shovel snow off of though.

Yeah, suuuuure you did. Let's see some pictures.

Yeah, suuuuure you did. Let's see some pictures.

1659978024186.png

View attachment 678869

Today is the 77th anniversary of the dropping of the first atomic bomb on the city of Hiroshima, Japan by the United States effectively bringing to an end World War II. A second bomb however was dropped on Nagasaki 3 days thereafter. Japan subsequently surrendered on August 15th 1945.
An event commemorating this grave anniversary was held today at Green Lake in Seattle.

“FROM HIROSHIMA TO HOPE” ANNUAL LANTERN FLOATING PEACE CEREMONY @ GREEN LAKE

FAMILY PROGRAM

Saturday, August 6, 2022 | 6 - 9 PM PDT | FREE, DONATIONS WELCOME
Candle-lit lanterns will bring messages of peace and hope in this annual event that honors victims of the 1945 atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and all victims of violence. Lanterns will be provided and personalized with calligraphy by members of the Beikuku Shodo Kenkyu Kai (Japanese) and the Gurudwara Singh Sabha of Washington and Khalsa Gurmat School (Gurmukhi). The event will take place just south of the Seattle Public Theater (aka Bathhouse Theater), on Green Lake’s NW shore, at West Green Lake Drive North and Stone Ave North.​

Fortunately, it ended the war...the Japanese murdered over 3 million civillians...not people killed as collateral to their war efforts, people simply murdered....

It was tragic, but necessary to end the violent, monsters in Japan's military controlled government.

Yes it is good to remember how we paid Japan back for their attack on Pearl Harbor which set off the war in the pacific. :clap:

And the mass murder they committed all throughout Asia...

From the invasion of China in 1937 to the end of World War II, the Japanese military regime murdered near 3,000,000 to over 10,000,000 people, most probably almost 6,000,000 Chinese, Indonesians, Koreans, Filipinos, and Indochinese, among others, including Western prisoners of war.

This democide was due to a morally bankrupt political and military strategy, military expediency and custom, and national culture (such as the view that those enemy soldiers who surrender while still able to resist were criminals).

Table 3.1 presents the sources, estimates, and calculations on Japanese democide in World War II. There is one major omission, however. Democide in China during the Sino-Japanese War that begun in 1937, and merged with WWII in December 1941, is excluded. This democide has been separately calculated in Rummel (1994), and only the total derived there is given in the table (line 386) in calculating the overall democide.

Yeah, we have them, but don't use them. But when Iran gets one they WILL use it.

A moron can see the difference.

So why can't you?
Iran will use a nuke because they want to die? Maybe if they had one The U.S. and Israel would stop threatening them. We have them surrounded by 30 military bases.

Your post is dumb and untrue. Just cuz 3 dudes had an opinion about something, doesnt mean its true. Most people in Washington thought the bomb was absolutely necessary, and historians agree with them.
You don`t even know who those "3 dudes" are do you, home school? :D

Read the great Ralph Raico. He is likely the first true historian you have ever read. Can you open your mind to the truth?

The War Criminal Harry Truman - LewRockwell

By early summer 1945, the Japanese fully realized that they were beaten. Why did they nonetheless fight on? As Anscombe wrote: "It was the insistence on unconditional surrender that was the root of all evil."101

That mad formula was coined by Roosevelt at the Casablanca conference, and, with Churchill’s enthusiastic concurrence, it became the Allied shibboleth. After prolonging the war in Europe, it did its work in the Pacific. At the Potsdam conference, in July 1945, Truman issued a proclamation to the Japanese, threatening them with the "utter devastation" of their homeland unless they surrendered unconditionally. Among the Allied terms, to which "there are no alternatives," was that there be "eliminated for all time the authority and influence of those who have deceived and misled the people of Japan into embarking on world conquest [sic]." "Stern justice," the proclamation warned, "would be meted out to all war criminals."102

To the Japanese, this meant that the emperor – regarded by them to be divine, the direct descendent of the goddess of the sun – would certainly be dethroned and probably put on trial as a war criminal and hanged, perhaps in front of his palace.103It was not, in fact, the U.S. intention to dethrone or punish the emperor. But this implicit modification of unconditional surrender was never communicated to the Japanese. In the end, after Nagasaki, Washington acceded to the Japanese desire to keep the dynasty and even to retain Hirohito as emperor.
Oh, so "unconditional surrender" wasnt a good enough deal for them? After surprise attacking us at Pearl Harbor, after the death marches and horrendous treatment of prisoners, the rape of Nanking, after all their horror, they didnt like the fucking deal?

Now i wish we droped 20 bombs on them.

Oh, so "unconditional surrender" wasnt a good enough deal for them? After surprise attacking us at Pearl Harbor, after the death marches and horrendous treatment of prisoners, the rape of Nanking, after all their horror, they didnt like the fucking deal?

You fail to comprehend Japan’s position because of FDR’s stupid unconditional surrender requirement. It only prolonged the war resulting in more dead Americans and Japanese.

It’s a common mistake Americans make.

Are you still afraid of hungry women and their young children?

Forum List

Back