CDZ lab grown meat : a great investment, due to climate change

I've been a vegetarian since I was about 5-years old.

I'm not a hippy or a pontificating leftie (before anyone jumps at me on it) - I don't care if people eat animals.

My reason for it is pretty lame. When I was 5 my Grandmother knew a guy that worked in a meat market joined onto a Slaughterhouse in Glasgow.

She had the bright idea one day, taking me as a 5-year old, to the meat market, to see the man she knew to buy meat.

I've no idea why she thought that would be a good idea because the minute I seen the guys with white coats covered in blood and animals strung up on hooks all skinned and seen the sheep, lambs, cows etc getting ushered up the ramp into the abattoir section then it traumatised me to the point that any time I've tried to put it past my lips since, I've gagged.

So my reasons are purely because I'm really fussy and squeamish rather than any morality reasons.

My outlook has always been that if no-one ate meat, then the animals wouldn't have had their time spent alive in the first instance and any life that they have anyway - however I do feel strongly about humane slaughter. Everyone should unless they're a complete sociopath or something.

There's also something to be said about welfare while they're alive and the focus shouldn't only be on the end part of their life. People get up in arms over the killing part but probably ignore the factory farming and other farming practices (not saying all farms and practices are bad btw)

The point I'm getting too (in regards this lab-grown/plant-based meat) is simply if this stuff can be produced with such simplicity in a factory and it takes off and eventually replaces meat you're essentially collapsing major markets all over the world into recession. If this production eventually reaches a peak-point then jobs such as farming, butchering, abattoir work, packing plants etc all vanish over night and everything that's directly attached to the industry like farm equipment sales, feed lots, factory equipment - the list is endless - the only parts of the supply chain that will be kept and aligned would be the likes of transporting the new product in place of the meat.

I know that endgame is a long way away and will probably never happen, but I often wonder if the utopians get their way, then how do they compensate for that? unemployment would go up by millions IMO - would there be something to counter and offset that?
People will still need to eat so I don't see why at least most of the people who are employed in the meat and dairy industries can't just transition to working with other products

Jack started playing chess when he was 8 and 2 weeks later finished 4th in a chess tournament at school. He was beating me.
:rolleyes:
Why doesn't it surprise me that an 8 year old who finished 4th at his elementary school chess tournament could easily beat you at chess?

Last edited:

I'm not a hippy or a pontificating leftie (before anyone jumps at me on it) - I don't care if people eat animals.

My reason for it is pretty lame. When I was 5 my Grandmother knew a guy that worked in a meat market joined onto a Slaughterhouse in Glasgow.

She had the bright idea one day, taking me as a 5-year old, to the meat market, to see the man she knew to buy meat.

I've no idea why she thought that would be a good idea because the minute I seen the guys with white coats covered in blood and animals strung up on hooks all skinned and seen the sheep, lambs, cows etc getting ushered up the ramp into the abattoir section then it traumatised me to the point that any time I've tried to put it past my lips since, I've gagged.

So my reasons are purely because I'm really fussy and squeamish rather than any morality reasons.

My outlook has always been that if no-one ate meat, then the animals wouldn't have had their time spent alive in the first instance and any life that they have anyway - however I do feel strongly about humane slaughter. Everyone should unless they're a complete sociopath or something.

There's also something to be said about welfare while they're alive and the focus shouldn't only be on the end part of their life. People get up in arms over the killing part but probably ignore the factory farming and other farming practices (not saying all farms and practices are bad btw)

The point I'm getting too (in regards this lab-grown/plant-based meat) is simply if this stuff can be produced with such simplicity in a factory and it takes off and eventually replaces meat you're essentially collapsing major markets all over the world into recession. If this production eventually reaches a peak-point then jobs such as farming, butchering, abattoir work, packing plants etc all vanish over night and everything that's directly attached to the industry like farm equipment sales, feed lots, factory equipment - the list is endless - the only parts of the supply chain that will be kept and aligned would be the likes of transporting the new product in place of the meat.

I know that endgame is a long way away and will probably never happen, but I often wonder if the utopians get their way, then how do they compensate for that? unemployment would go up by millions IMO - would there be something to counter and offset that?
People will still need to eat so I don't see why at least most of the people who are employed in the meat and dairy industries can't just transition to working with other products

Yeah I know - was talking hypothetically anyway - it's just something I've always wondered.

Jack started playing chess when he was 8 and 2 weeks later finished 4th in a chess tournament at school. He was beating me.
:rolleyes:
Why doesn't it surprise me that an 8 year old who finished 4th at his elementary school chess tournament could easily beat you at chess?

It wasn't an elementary school chess tournament. He won his school tournament. The tournament covered all of the Niagara Region - 79 public schools. I skipped grades in public school and finished first in my class academically all through school, and Jack leaves me in the dust.

i dare to predict that this will be BIG, and within a decade or so!
I'd sooner become a vegetarian than eat my meat grown in a test tube by a government chemist.
But you’re fine with your government checks.

WHO said I was and what kind of fallacious argument is that?
FYI: It's called a fallacious strawman argument.

If it wasn't for fallacious arguments, he wouldn't have no argument at all.

Last edited:
I think it is not only climate change that will accelerate the growth of lab grown meat, but a change in attitude towards meat. The animal rights moment is intended to grow and many people, especially young people, are looking for an alternative. The environmental impact of the beef industry is also having an affect. The burning of the Amazon for cattle farms is turning people off to beef.

The question is, as consumers turn away from meat will they also turn away from lab grown meat?

Don’t get me wrong, I like a good steak, but those are the trends. They are not bad trends either in my view.

I will try lab grown meat. If it is as good as real beef, I will change.
I think you are a dik who needs to be killed. But we will will slide down this slippery slope and many others will end up dead. Jits like you can not mind your own business even when you have issues with people not minding their business against you.

"Meat" created in a factory by a process similar to brewing beer"? Sometimes you can't get this stuff out of your head. Beer will never taste the same. Silver keeps going up so I think I'll put a few bucks into bullion.

I noticed tonight as we ordered pizza for the staff...the Pizza Hut offers a "beyond meat" option for toppings. Did we order it? No.

I tend to think the tariffs and pointless trade wars are helping with the proliferation of alternative meat sources.

My main "beef", pardon the pun, with the cattle industry is the enormous amount of water it takes to sustain it. The feed required for cattle has to be grown and watered year round and takes up farm land that could be producing more useful crops. I love a good steak, but IMO it would be a good thing to start scaling the beef industry down and lab grown/plant based meat seems like a good way to do that.

So true, meat (especially beef) uses a ridiculous amount of water. I think most people don't realize that. It's a huge waste of water and food, and that's just a couple of the problems.

Here is a good interactive site for people to see how much water was used to make their meal: Eating the drought: How much water goes into your meal?

An example:

We have this stuff here called 'rain' ... It's crazy ... Like water falling from the sky.

You know, the critters drink it, and it waters the crops.
It happens a lot, and we have these things called ponds, rivers, lakes and even swamps too ... So much water that even fish live in them.

We have so much water here ... People put sprinklers in their yard during the Summer just to give their grass a refreshing drink.
You can call the fire department to come open a fire hydrant and fill up your swimming pool.

Fat juicy chickens, cows, veggies ... All of them delicious.
I like to eat healthy though, so I grill almost everything.

Top 10 Stocks to Invest in Lab-Grown Meat

i dare to predict that this will be BIG, and within a decade or so!

why? because of this :

Sorry, I don't buy the whole cow-fart fairy tale. Also, apparently we are supposed to believe that this lab grown meat "tastes just like chicken." No studies cited, no poll of actual consumers, just a vague threat that we should maybe get over any misconceptions we have and just eat the stuff...for the sake of the planet no less. Bottom line, if this lab-grown meat is 'exactly like chicken' the market will accept it. Otherwise we will all be made to accept it even if it tastes like shit because that is what the lefties that now run this country will decree.

My main "beef", pardon the pun, with the cattle industry is the enormous amount of water it takes to sustain it. The feed required for cattle has to be grown and watered year round and takes up farm land that could be producing more useful crops. I love a good steak, but IMO it would be a good thing to start scaling the beef industry down and lab grown/plant based meat seems like a good way to do that.

So true, meat (especially beef) uses a ridiculous amount of water. I think most people don't realize that. It's a huge waste of water and food, and that's just a couple of the problems.

Here is a good interactive site for people to see how much water was used to make their meal: Eating the drought: How much water goes into your meal?

An example:

We have this stuff here called 'rain' ... It's crazy ... Like water falling from the sky.

You know, the critters drink it, and it waters the crops.
It happens a lot, and we have these things called ponds, rivers, lakes and even swamps too ... So much water that even fish live in them.

We have so much water here ... People put sprinklers in their yard during the Summer just to give their grass a refreshing drink.
You can call the fire department to come open a fire hydrant and fill up your swimming pool.

Fat juicy chickens, cows, veggies ... All of them delicious.
I like to eat healthy though, so I grill almost everything.

I hate to make a Captain Obvious statement, but not everyone lives where you live, and not every place in the world has the same amount of rain. In California there was a drought for many years.

And I'm sorry, but I don't see chickens and cows as appetizing anymore, after what I've seen and learned. :dunno:

I have no desire to eat dead bodies.... especially the corpses of sick, antibiotic and pesticide-laden abused and tortured animals.

But don't get me wrong, I'm not stopping you.

Thanks for sharing your story. What you said reminded me of this saying:

child-apple-340-2.jpg

The good news is, that has been happening around the world.... slowly but surely.

There's a really good documentary that I HIGHLY recommend called "Peaceable Kingdom - The Journey Home." It's about former farmers and cattle ranchers who began to question their way of life and ended up having a total change of heart.

Here's the link, if anyone wants to watch it:

The good news is, that has been happening around the world.... slowly but surely.

There's a really good documentary that I HIGHLY recommend called "Peaceable Kingdom - The Journey Home." It's about former farmers and cattle ranchers who began to question their way of life and ended up having a total change of heart.

I don't really have the heart to watch things like that. I don't like animals suffering, or being abused - even if it's a nice story in the end.

I noticed tonight as we ordered pizza for the staff...the Pizza Hut offers a "beyond meat" option for toppings. Did we order it? No.

I tend to think the tariffs and pointless trade wars are helping with the proliferation of alternative meat sources.
Is it protein or just veggies?

I don't really have the heart to watch things like that. I don't like animals suffering, or being abused - even if it's a nice story in the end.

If I remember correctly, that documentary doesn't really show much of that sort of thing. It's not about that, it's about the journey those farmers and ranchers went through, and they tell their story, but overall it's watchable and positive.

Forum List

Back