CDZ lab grown meat : a great investment, due to climate change

I think it is not only climate change that will accelerate the growth of lab grown meat, but a change in attitude towards meat. The animal rights moment is intended to grow and many people, especially young people, are looking for an alternative. The environmental impact of the beef industry is also having an affect. The burning of the Amazon for cattle farms is turning people off to beef.

The question is, as consumers turn away from meat will they also turn away from lab grown meat?

Don’t get me wrong, I like a good steak, but those are the trends. They are not bad trends either in my view.

I will try lab grown meat. If it is as good as real beef, I will change.

It just opens the door for forcing it on us.
Holy shit, do you cry about everything? You’re so fucking put upon, you whiny little bitch. Grow a pair of balls.

CDZ synth, play nice.

Sorry but when you couple the increase in "plant" substitutes and fake "meat" availability with people who are hell bent on making everyone vegan you get people who want to force you to use these things in place of the real thing.

Please don’t swallow the bullshit that the left is trying to make everyone a vegan. Far from it. I like my leather shoes, purses coats and fur is eco-friendly. Polyester and fake furs are not.

Also BACON!!!

CDZ, watch your language.

And according to the animal rights nuts you are the enemy, more so than me because you are supposed to be "woke"

Well you see I don’t subscribe to the notions of “nuts” or extremists from either side of the political spectrum.

As a veal farmer pointed out, they accuse us of mistreating and stressing out the animals. Stressed animals don’t gain weight. Healthy, well cared for animals gain weight. His profit weren’t huge and any animal lost was a significant loss of cash.

I will agree that factory farms are evil on a whole lot of levels.

Why "evil"?

They are making a product as efficiently as possible, and by doing so opening up their products to the widest assortment of customers.

Please don’t swallow the bullshit that the left is trying to make everyone a vegan. Far from it. I like my leather shoes, purses coats and fur is eco-friendly. Polyester and fake furs are not.

Also BACON!!!

THANK YOU! At its core, it's not a left/right thing at all and it's a real shame that some people have tried to make it into that.

PS: If you saw how fur and leather is made, I highly doubt you'd be as enthusiastic about it. (That goes for anyone, except for the most callous among us.)
The Native Americans tanned animal skins with the tannin from urine. The tanned leather was softened by chewing. You were saying?

That's not what I was talking about. I was talking about the modern day fur industry. Something that is actually relevant because it's what is taking place NOW. The good news is, if we let the free market work, growing awareness causes more and more people to ditch products that came from animal cruelty.

Why does the method matter?

It used to be LED lightbulbs. :laugh:

Yes, because for some things the light of an incandescent is better, reading for example.

I have an issue with government banning things and the forcing the in some situations less optimal replacements on us based on the assumption that its' better for us" in some abstract way like AGW or animal rights, or any other trendy lefty cause.
Ok, remember the outrage, perpetuated by Sarah Palin?

Can’t you still buy incandescent bulbs in 2021 if you wish?

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

They tried to "ban" them by making the efficiency standard so high that they couldn't meet it. Just because the rule was scrapped didn't mean they didn't try.

The same "logic" behind making gas cans useless.
Your gas can is useless? Have you tried filling it with gas?

My main "beef", pardon the pun, with the cattle industry is the enormous amount of water it takes to sustain it. The feed required for cattle has to be grown and watered year round and takes up farm land that could be producing more useful crops. I love a good steak, but IMO it would be a good thing to start scaling the beef industry down and lab grown/plant based meat seems like a good way to do that.
Ok, who hacked @MarathonMike’s account?

I have Beyond Meat stock. It’s been a bit of a rollercoaster this year. Their burgers are delicious. I’ve been waiting for Impossible! to go public. They are the ones at Burger King.
I don't like them at all.

They have a funny texture and when you boil it all down they are just has high;y processed as a Twinkie

Yes, because for some things the light of an incandescent is better, reading for example.

I have an issue with government banning things and the forcing the in some situations less optimal replacements on us based on the assumption that its' better for us" in some abstract way like AGW or animal rights, or any other trendy lefty cause.

They tried to "ban" them by making the efficiency standard so high that they couldn't meet it. Just because the rule was scrapped didn't mean they didn't try.

Filling isn't the issue, getting the gas out it using the new spouts.

Filling isn't the issue, pouring is.

The Epic Failure of the Government Gas Can - Competitive Enterprise Institute

No gas cans available for sale anymore have vents on the opposite top-side either, so when trying to pour you get a sloshing, heaving mess, burping gasoline eruptions leaking from the complex yet flimsy spout that easily breaks. Go see for yourself at Ace or Home Depot. It’s like a giant joke, a societal dribble-glass prank imposed on the entire population.

I think it is not only climate change that will accelerate the growth of lab grown meat, but a change in attitude towards meat. The animal rights moment is intended to grow and many people, especially young people, are looking for an alternative. The environmental impact of the beef industry is also having an affect. The burning of the Amazon for cattle farms is turning people off to beef.

The question is, as consumers turn away from meat will they also turn away from lab grown meat?

Don’t get me wrong, I like a good steak, but those are the trends. They are not bad trends either in my view.

I will try lab grown meat. If it is as good as real beef, I will change.

They taste the same according to this source, Science line:

The truth about lab-grown meat

It is still waaaay to expensive to buy right now......

But there might be a bad side effect because that could in time generate a new population expansion since the amount of space to generate the cell grown meat will be far less.

"That’s a definite yes. A 2011 study found that clean meat produces 78 to 96 percent lower greenhouse gas emissions, uses 99 percent less land and between 82 and 92 percent less water. Research at the Good Food Institute has concluded that a cell culture the size of one chicken egg can produce a million times more meat than a chicken barn stacked with 20,000 chickens, according to Emery. Energy costs, too, are much lower — and no animal parts are wasted, he adds."

bolding mine

I will try lab grown meat.
Look for Beyond Burgers. It’s not lab grown meat, it’s plant-based meat. But you will be shocked at how much it tastes like a high-end restaurant burger.

Costco sells them, also Publix. There are also Beyond Meatballs and Beyond Sausage.
Beyond Meat ingredients:

water, pea protein isolate, expeller-pressed canola oil, refined coconut oil, rice protein, natural flavors, cocoa butter, mung bean protein, methylcellulose, potato starch, apple extract, salt, potassium chloride, vinegar, lemon juice concentrate, sunflower lecithin, pomegranate fruit powder, and beet juice extract

:rolleyes:

I wouldn't put that ultra-highly processed crap in my body.

It's crap like that that is destroying Americans' health.

Look for Beyond Burgers. It’s not lab grown meat, it’s plant-based meat. But you will be shocked at how much it tastes like a high-end restaurant burger.

Costco sells them, also Publix. There are also Beyond Meatballs and Beyond Sausage.
Beyond Meat ingredients:

water, pea protein isolate, expeller-pressed canola oil, refined coconut oil, rice protein, natural flavors, cocoa butter, mung bean protein, methylcellulose, potato starch, apple extract, salt, potassium chloride, vinegar, lemon juice concentrate, sunflower lecithin, pomegranate fruit powder, and beet juice extract

You don’t know what the fuck you are talking about, as usual.

I've been a vegetarian since I was about 5-years old.

I'm not a hippy or a pontificating leftie (before anyone jumps at me on it) - I don't care if people eat animals.

My reason for it is pretty lame. When I was 5 my Grandmother knew a guy that worked in a meat market joined onto a Slaughterhouse in Glasgow.

She had the bright idea one day, taking me as a 5-year old, to the meat market, to see the man she knew to buy meat.

I've no idea why she thought that would be a good idea because the minute I seen the guys with white coats covered in blood and animals strung up on hooks all skinned and seen the sheep, lambs, cows etc getting ushered up the ramp into the abattoir section then it traumatised me to the point that any time I've tried to put it past my lips since, I've gagged.

So my reasons are purely because I'm really fussy and squeamish rather than any morality reasons.

My outlook has always been that if no-one ate meat, then the animals wouldn't have had their time spent alive in the first instance and any life that they have anyway - however I do feel strongly about humane slaughter. Everyone should unless they're a complete sociopath or something.

There's also something to be said about welfare while they're alive and the focus shouldn't only be on the end part of their life. People get up in arms over the killing part but probably ignore the factory farming and other farming practices (not saying all farms and practices are bad btw)

The point I'm getting too (in regards this lab-grown/plant-based meat) is simply if this stuff can be produced with such simplicity in a factory and it takes off and eventually replaces meat you're essentially collapsing major markets all over the world into recession. If this production eventually reaches a peak-point then jobs such as farming, butchering, abattoir work, packing plants etc all vanish over night and everything that's directly attached to the industry like farm equipment sales, feed lots, factory equipment - the list is endless - the only parts of the supply chain that will be kept and aligned would be the likes of transporting the new product in place of the meat.

I know that endgame is a long way away and will probably never happen, but I often wonder if the utopians get their way, then how do they compensate for that? unemployment would go up by millions IMO - would there be something to counter and offset that?

I've been a vegetarian since I was about 5-years old.

I'm not a hippy or a pontificating leftie (before anyone jumps at me on it) - I don't care if people eat animals.

My reason for it is pretty lame. When I was 5 my Grandmother knew a guy that worked in a meat market joined onto a Slaughterhouse in Glasgow.

She had the bright idea one day, taking me as a 5-year old, to the meat market, to see the man she knew to buy meat.

I've no idea why she thought that would be a good idea because the minute I seen the guys with white coats covered in blood and animals strung up on hooks all skinned and seen the sheep, lambs, cows etc getting ushered up the ramp into the abattoir section then it traumatised me to the point that any time I've tried to put it past my lips since, I've gagged.
Did you run off with one of the lambs, Clarice?

hannibal-lecter-white-prison-uniform-version_the-silence-of-the-lambs_square.jpg

Beyond Meat ingredients:

You don’t know what the fuck you are talking about, as usual.
^
Obvious projection.

I'm the nutrition expert here, and you're just a guy who admittedly has a vested financial interest in the Frankenfood company.

BTW, I've noticed that Beyond Meat has been forced to back off their ridiculous claim that "we don’t use synthetic additives, for any reason, and we never will."

Fact = Beyond Meat uses the additive methylcellulose, which is a synthetic laxative.

Last edited:
Gimme' a good burger or steak made from cows.

People say "Oh, these meatless burgers taste just like meat!"

And they may be right.

You know what else tastes just like meat?

Meat.
Some people think meatless burgers taste just like meat and others don't.

What I have noticed is that the people who consume fake meat and say it tastes like real meat tend to be the same people who unskeptically consume fake news.

There's a very significant correlation. They are very suggestible people. AKA low IQ people.

Advertise to them that a shit sandwich tastes like prime rib and they'll gobble it up while consuming CNN grape kool-aid to wash it down.

Last edited:
My oldest has a son who is has been a vegetarian since he was 6, so I have had plenty of opportunity to try the various meat subsitutes.
That's child abuse/neglect. Forcing a child on that kind of diet can cause permanent brain damage. You should report this to Child Services immediately, otherwise, you may be complicit.

Do you realize that he could end up retarded like Greta Thunberg?

How old is he now?

Last edited:
in some countries "meat" is treated with carbon monoxide to give it that red color and make it appear fresher than it actually is. If it was left the way it would naturally look, it obviously wouldn't be as appetizing to flesh eaters.

86487656-529425687987817-2613335592133459968-o.jpg
Those are not the same steaks. Everyone who is not an idiot can tell by the different marbling in the before steak and the after steak.

Perhaps you could make a more compelling argument if you were not so obviously deceitful.

Forum List

Back