Is Latitia James coming after Trump Tower? Not exactly. Cuz Don doesn't own it.

berg80

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2017

What Real Estate Does Trump Own in NYC Anyway?

Although it’s (Trump Tower) a popular target for anti-Trump protests, the Columbus Circle building, which is roughly half hotel rooms and half condos, is owned by General Electric and Ohio’s Galbreath Company, which hired Trump to glitz it up in 1996. What Trump does own here, according to the New York Times, are the parking garage, the valet booth, room-service kitchens, lobby bathrooms, a restaurant space, and one unit.

Trump Tower has reportedly struggled with high vacancies (though a cast of infamous characters has called it home). In 2021, the Trump Organization’s $100 million mortgage on the building was put on a watch list before the company refinanced it this year. According to the Washington Post, a MAGA-affiliated PAC was recently one of its most reliable tenants, paying $37,500 per month to lease office space and another $3,000 per month for a kiosk in the lobby — despite the lobby being closed.

While 40 Wall Street is one of Trump’s largest holdings, he doesn’t actually own the property. Rather, he owns the “ground lease” to the 72-story building, which requires him to pay rent to the landowners — the obscure but wealthy Hinneberg family of Germany.

Trump acquired a chunk of 1290 Avenue of the Americas almost by accident, when Hong Kong investors who’d bailed him out of a residential project near Lincoln Center swapped it for the midtown office building instead — leaving Trump with a 30 percent stake in the office building that is locked up until 2044.

Trump reportedly owned 23 apartments in this 32-story building (Trump Park Ave.) as of 2013, which included unsold condos and rental units. In 2011, Ivanka Trump rented one of the unsold penthouses, which included an option to buy it for $8.5 million. But shortly thereafter, the Trump Organization claimed the unit was worth $25 million without disclosing the far cheaper price offered to Ivanka.

Trump Plaza​

167 East 61st Street
Trump may own some units.

Trump Parc and Trump Parc East​

100–106 Central Park South

IOW, it could be argued his most valuable asset is his brand. Or at least it used to be before people came to realize associating with a business fraud who was found to be financially responsible for defaming the woman he raped, and has 4 criminal trials pending, is a liability.

AnyDaySellers.gif

Do you have any idea what a fool you show yourself to be when you type garbage like this?

"...before people came to realize associating with a business fraud who was found to be financially responsible for defaming the woman he raped, and has 4 criminal trials pending, is a liability."

Yeah, he's a "fraud" who could buy and sell you a hundred times over before you have you coffee in the morning.

Yeah, he defamed the woman he raped, except that the jury found that he DIDN'T rape her...details, details...and from all indications the entire thing was made-up garbage by a deranged NYC ****.

And of course the "four criminal trials," that are evaporating as we sit here.

You are a fucking idiot.

Nothing personal.

What Real Estate Does Trump Own in NYC Anyway?

Although it’s (Trump Tower) a popular target for anti-Trump protests, the Columbus Circle building, which is roughly half hotel rooms and half condos, is owned by General Electric and Ohio’s Galbreath Company, which hired Trump to glitz it up in 1996. What Trump does own here, according to the New York Times, are the parking garage, the valet booth, room-service kitchens, lobby bathrooms, a restaurant space, and one unit.

Trump Tower has reportedly struggled with high vacancies (though a cast of infamous characters has called it home). In 2021, the Trump Organization’s $100 million mortgage on the building was put on a watch list before the company refinanced it this year. According to the Washington Post, a MAGA-affiliated PAC was recently one of its most reliable tenants, paying $37,500 per month to lease office space and another $3,000 per month for a kiosk in the lobby — despite the lobby being closed.

While 40 Wall Street is one of Trump’s largest holdings, he doesn’t actually own the property. Rather, he owns the “ground lease” to the 72-story building, which requires him to pay rent to the landowners — the obscure but wealthy Hinneberg family of Germany.

Trump acquired a chunk of 1290 Avenue of the Americas almost by accident, when Hong Kong investors who’d bailed him out of a residential project near Lincoln Center swapped it for the midtown office building instead — leaving Trump with a 30 percent stake in the office building that is locked up until 2044.

Trump reportedly owned 23 apartments in this 32-story building (Trump Park Ave.) as of 2013, which included unsold condos and rental units. In 2011, Ivanka Trump rented one of the unsold penthouses, which included an option to buy it for $8.5 million. But shortly thereafter, the Trump Organization claimed the unit was worth $25 million without disclosing the far cheaper price offered to Ivanka.

Trump Plaza​

167 East 61st Street

Trump Parc and Trump Parc East​

100–106 Central Park South

IOW, it could be argued his most valuable asset is his brand. Or at least it used to be before people came to realize associating with a business fraud who was found to be financially responsible for defaming the woman he raped, and has 4 criminal trials pending, is a liability.
So now you say he doesn't have any money! Just yesterday, you posted that he had $500M, MAKE UP YOUR MIND. LMAO, moron.

Yeah, he's a "fraud" who could buy and sell you a hundred times over before you have you coffee in the morning.
Sorry to trigger you over your Orange Messiah. What does his wealth have to do with his culpability for defamation after raping Carroll or the ruling in the NY fraud case?

WTF are you talking about?
The facts. Ones you are apparently unfamiliar with.

Although the building is not a major moneymaker for the Trumps — their company manages the property and owns some portions of it, but there are hundreds of individual unit owners — it has long held symbolic importance to the president: It was the first hotel to bear his name (and now the only one left in New York), and even as “Trump” has disappeared from other buildings in New York and elsewhere, this signature property was considered untouchable.

That changed after a contentious meeting in June between the condo board and several dozen owners, some of whom complained that the Trump name had been a drag on the property ever since Mr. Trump announced his bid for the presidency four years ago, according to people with knowledge of the meeting who spoke on the condition of anonymity because it was a private session.

The facts. Ones you are apparently unfamiliar with.

You mean the ones that I was responding to? I'm not calling YOU the liberal bitch, I'm calling the fucking DA that wants to take his shit a liberal bitch.

I'm pretty sure marathonmike understood that I wasn't talking about you.

You mean the ones that I was responding to? I'm not calling YOU the liberal bitch, I'm calling the fucking DA that wants to take his shit a liberal bitch.

I'm pretty sure marathonmike understood that I wasn't talking about you.
The irrefutable point is he only owns a relatively small portion of Trump Tower. His company manages the property, it doesn't own it. A fact most people are probably unaware of.

Forum List

Back