Just weighed myself for first time in over year

1622248943941.png

Very depressing
Only 155

Just terrible

Very depressing
Only 155

Just terrible

I am going full-on mode with these 7 suggestions to build muscle mostly as I am going to add weight (as muscle "weighs more" than fat reportedly...but I only halfway understand that concept. Some swear by counting calories but I wouldn't go that route. Forget the calorie count and focus on the foods that are high in good fats. Maybe using ankle weights and adding weights as you build more muscle in your arms and legs. Don't run with weights, but standing exercises. If you have bad knees forget that last suggestion altogether. If your goal is to gain muscle, focus on eating enough daily protein along with the good fats. Best of luck...you can do it! Think of it like this, your weight gain goal is much easier to obtain compared to losing weight. I was a stick as a kid and now only half a stick ha...I know about the tricks that work;)

Very depressing
Only 155

Just terrible

Very depressing
Only 155

Just terrible

I am going full-on mode with these 7 suggestions to build muscle mostly as I am going to add weight (as muscle "weighs more" than fat reportedly...but I only halfway understand that concept. Some swear by counting calories but I wouldn't go that route. Forget the calorie count and focus on the foods that are high in good fats. Maybe using ankle weights and adding weights as you build more muscle in your arms and legs. Don't run with weights, but standing exercises. If you have bad knees forget that last suggestion altogether. If your goal is to gain muscle, focus on eating enough daily protein along with the good fats. Best of luck...you can do it! Think of it like this, your weight gain goal is much easier to obtain compared to losing weight. I was a stick as a kid and now only half a stick ha...I know about the tricks that work;)
Major Tom took protein pills and fastened his seatbelt.

That's just under 12-stone by my calculations? that sounds like a healthy weight unless your under 5 foot or something mental like that.

Weighing yourself is a bit like calorie counting in that too many folks get wrapped up in those numbers.

There's people who weigh a lot but not got a lot of fat, have good muscle mass/definition or they are tall or broadly built - which is all fine.

Likewise the calorie counting. I love fresh fruit but they are really high in sugars and calories but it's natural sugars and good calories. It's things like refined sugars and trans-fats etc you really need to look for when it comes to food rather than the calorie amount in them.

Pasta, bread etc doesn't make me fat either. I know they are high in carbs but I know what foods make me feel heavy, bloated and fat (which is hard to resist).

That's just under 12-stone by my calculations? that sounds like a healthy weight unless your under 5 foot or something mental like that.

Weighing yourself is a bit like calorie counting in that too many folks get wrapped up in those numbers.

There's people who weigh a lot but not got a lot of fat, have good muscle mass/definition or they are tall or broadly built - which is all fine.

Likewise the calorie counting. I love fresh fruit but they are really high in sugars and calories but it's natural sugars and good calories. It's things like refined sugars and trans-fats etc you really need to look for when it comes to food rather than the calorie amount in them.

Pasta, bread etc doesn't make me fat either. I know they are high in carbs but I know what foods make me feel heavy, bloated and fat (which is hard to resist).
One stone = 12 pounds. 12 X 155 is as big as a small tractor.

I'm obviously missing something here lol

Very depressing
Only 155

Just terrible

Very depressing
Only 155

Just terrible

Ground control to Major Tom...come back, come back!

Very depressing
Only 155

Just terrible

Very depressing
Only 155

Just terrible

But he was floating in a tin can far above the world so his weight didn't matter!

The guy may have cancer and why I avoided the subject. There I said it.

Re-reading the OP again, he's said only 155 - maybe he's trying to put on weight actually. I've maybe misread the OP thinking he thought he was fat or something.

Re-reading the OP again, he's said only 155 - maybe he's trying to put on weight actually. I've maybe misread the OP thinking he thought he was fat or something.
Quasar44 should tell us what is really going on. Terrible is insufficient.

Forum List

Back