Judge Sullivan Scrambles For A Lifeline To Bail HIMSELF Out Of Dropped Flynn Case

WTF is your source here? You obviously copied and pasted, but didn’t take the extra 2 seconds to post the full article. My guess is, it’s a trash source, and it’s quoting someone whose clearly biased and paraphrasing what they wish Flynn said...which was asking Russia not to escalate.

They won’t release the transcript of the call.
From what we’ve heard of what’s leaked, remember the leaks have been only stuff that paints the trump admin in a bad light, it’s Flynn asking Russia not to escalate, and to veto sanctions on Israel. If Flynn said something fucked up, even if it was out of context, it would’ve been leaked, just like everything else was at that time. And not wanting to release calls with foreign diplomats is understandable, we don’t want to set the precedent of putting diplomats private calls and laundry, dirty or clean, out there over political fights. That’s just no way to do foreign policy, I think both sides can agree on that. I’m shocked Ukrainian pres let us do it.

Exactly right. Trump is trying to hide his dirty laundry. This is a cover up.

WTF is your source here? You obviously copied and pasted, but didn’t take the extra 2 seconds to post the full article. My guess is, it’s a trash source, and it’s quoting someone whose clearly biased and paraphrasing what they wish Flynn said...which was asking Russia not to escalate.

From what we’ve heard of what’s leaked, remember the leaks have been only stuff that paints the trump admin in a bad light, it’s Flynn asking Russia not to escalate, and to veto sanctions on Israel. If Flynn said something fucked up, even if it was out of context, it would’ve been leaked, just like everything else was at that time. And not wanting to release calls with foreign diplomats is understandable, we don’t want to set the precedent of putting diplomats private calls and laundry, dirty or clean, out there over political fights. That’s just no way to do foreign policy, I think both sides can agree on that. I’m shocked Ukrainian pres let us do it.

Wow, way to jump to the extreme. Muellers SCO has the transcripts of the call. If there were shady business there, they most certainly would’ve made the case for it, even if it was technically legal. They said NO evidence of Russian collusion, but then tried to lay out a case for impeachment with an awful case for obstruction. Which I would’ve loved to see them attempt to come at someone with obstruction of justice for a crime they didn’t commit. Good luck explaining intent there. Even Pelosi didn’t want to use it for impeachment. And once again, with all the leaks left and right, and people like Brennan going on live TV saying there’s evidence of Russian collusion, then quietly contradicting themselves under oath...if there was something even slightly inappropriate with the call, it would’ve been leaked. All that was leaked about it was that it was a call with a Russian diplomat to help manufacture the illusion of Russian collusion that as mueller SCO pointed out, was completely false.

"D.C. District Court Judge Emmet Sullivan issued an order Tuesday indicating that he'll soon accept "amicus curiae," or "friend of the court" submissions, in the case of former national security adviser Michael Flynn -- essentially allowing the court to use an "ask the audience" lifeline in what has already proved to be an unpredictable and chaotic prosecution.

Sullivan's minute order indicated that an upcoming scheduling order would clarify the parameters of who specifically could submit the amicus briefs, which are submissions by non-parties that claim an interest in the case. Sullivan specifically said he anticipates that "individuals and organizations" will file briefs "for the benefit of the court."

The move attracted immediate criticism -- and a planned ethics complaint against Sullivan, who had previously refused to hear amicus briefs in the case. ("Options exist for a private citizen to express his views about matters of public interest, but the Court's docket is not an available option," Sullivan wrote in the past.)

"Judge Sullivan, who denied leave to file amicus briefs when he knew third parties would have spoken favorably of Flynn, now solicits briefs critical of Flynn," independent journalist Michael Cernovich wrote on Twitter. "This is a violation of the judicial oath and applicable ethical rules."

It appears Sullivan, who viciously rebuked Flynn in court based on the lies presented in court now doesn't want to simply drop the case and walk away with egg on his face.

The easiest thing to do to make this all go away quietly would have been to allow the case to be dropped....but it appears Sullivan wants the circus to continue...

they're going to need the jaws of life to get Obama's penis out of Sullivan's mouth.

they're going to need the jaws of life to get Obama's penis out of Sullivan's mouth.

I'm laughing my ass off... Sullivan has hired an attorney to defend himself from the Appellate Court who is demanding to know on what legal grounds he is going forward. With massive evidence of prosecutorial misconduct, in the Flynn case, Sullivan could face disbarment and removal from the bench. It appears Sullivan is in deep shit as they have issued an order to show cause.

Its looking like Sullivan is as corrupt as the prosecutors are and he has no way to hide it.

Last edited:

:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

Your still trying to spin this as Trumps fault... My gawd man your an idiot.

"D.C. District Court Judge Emmet Sullivan issued an order Tuesday indicating that he'll soon accept "amicus curiae," or "friend of the court" submissions, in the case of former national security adviser Michael Flynn -- essentially allowing the court to use an "ask the audience" lifeline in what has already proved to be an unpredictable and chaotic prosecution.

Sullivan's minute order indicated that an upcoming scheduling order would clarify the parameters of who specifically could submit the amicus briefs, which are submissions by non-parties that claim an interest in the case. Sullivan specifically said he anticipates that "individuals and organizations" will file briefs "for the benefit of the court."

The move attracted immediate criticism -- and a planned ethics complaint against Sullivan, who had previously refused to hear amicus briefs in the case. ("Options exist for a private citizen to express his views about matters of public interest, but the Court's docket is not an available option," Sullivan wrote in the past.)

"Judge Sullivan, who denied leave to file amicus briefs when he knew third parties would have spoken favorably of Flynn, now solicits briefs critical of Flynn," independent journalist Michael Cernovich wrote on Twitter. "This is a violation of the judicial oath and applicable ethical rules."

It appears Sullivan, who viciously rebuked Flynn in court based on the lies presented in court now doesn't want to simply drop the case and walk away with egg on his face.

The easiest thing to do to make this all go away quietly would have been to allow the case to be dropped....but it appears Sullivan wants the circus to continue...

Don't waste your time on the JAWS... Just hit him on the chin and let him choke on the cut off foreign object..

[

Trump has been trying to hide this since the beginning. It’s the entire reason Flynn lied to the FBI in the first place.

Flynn had his life ruined by Trump.

Muellers SCO has the transcripts of the call. If there were shady business there, they most certainly would’ve made the case for it, even if it was technically legal.
Huge assumption there. In fact, based on how the Mueller investigation went down, I’d say they most certainly weren’t going to talk about anything unrelated to their purpose as was the law.

Trump knew that Flynn talked to the Russians about sanctions. Flynn was delivering Trump’s message. No one was supposed to know, so Flynn had to lie about it.

But Trump can’t admit it. He will never admit it. So they had to find any reason they could to “go easy on Flynn” as he said to Comey shortly before he was fired.

None of that happened in his courtroom

Except the part where the FBI / Mueller prosecutor withheld all of that information from Flynn's lawyer and from the court....the investigative / prosecutorial misconduct the DOJ stated in great depth in their dismissal of the charges.

None of your post is true. Barr's submission is full of lies and mis-statements. That's being charitable. Legal experts have called it shameful. Nothing happened the way Barr portrayed it in his submission.

Barr's submission is based on the notion that Flynn was a victim of entrapment. How does one entrap someone into lying and then present false evidence that Flynn lied. But Flynn plead guilty, and he had the best legal representation that money can buy, not some hack public defender. Flynn said that he pled guilty of his own volition and with full independent legal advice because "I am guilty". And Flynn wasn't just guilty of lying to the FBI. He was guilty in a whole range of seditious crimes, including taking money from the Russian government on a consulting contract within months of his retirement from the US Military. He lobbied Donald Trump on behalf of the Turkish government AFTER he was appointed to head the NSA, and without disclosing payments he received from Erdogan.

The crimes which Flynn pled guilty to made him unfit to hold public office of any kind, much less to head up the Nation's security agencies. And now we have the most corrupt AG since John Mitchell, doing the President's bidding and trying to get this scum off Scott free when he should rightfully and reasonably be rotting in some covid infested prison for selling out his country.

Your President surrounds himself with low-life, self-dealing scum, because birds of a feather . . . Anyone with even an iota of intregrity in government has fled this cesspool incompetence and corruption. Then there are the toadies who are using this opportunity to enrich themselves, by selling out their country. The only people staying with the Trump regime are those who think they'll survive this Presidency with enough money to crawl into a hole and disappear from the prosecutions which are sure to follow.

Flynn signed this Plea Agreement prior to going to court with it. "I am guilty" He went to court and elocute to

[

Trump has been trying to hide this since the beginning. It’s the entire reason Flynn lied to the FBI in the first place.

:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::spinner::spinner:

Except the part where the FBI / Mueller prosecutor withheld all of that information from Flynn's lawyer and from the court....the investigative / prosecutorial misconduct the DOJ stated in great depth in their dismissal of the charges.

None of your post is true. Barr's submission is full of lies and mis-statements. That's being charitable. Legal experts have called it shameful. Nothing happened the way Barr portrayed it in his submission.

Barr's submission is based on the notion that Flynn was a victim of entrapment. How does one entrap someone into lying and then present false evidence that Flynn lied. But Flynn plead guilty, and he had the best legal representation that money can buy, not some hack public defender. Flynn said that he pled guilty of his own volition and with full independent legal advice because "I am guilty". And Flynn wasn't just guilty of lying to the FBI. He was guilty in a whole range of seditious crimes, including taking money from the Russian government on a consulting contract within months of his retirement from the US Military. He lobbied Donald Trump on behalf of the Turkish government AFTER he was appointed to head the NSA, and without disclosing payments he received from Erdogan.

The crimes which Flynn pled guilty to made him unfit to hold public office of any kind, much less to head up the Nation's security agencies. And now we have the most corrupt AG since John Mitchell, doing the President's bidding and trying to get this scum off Scott free when he should rightfully and reasonably be rotting in some covid infested prison for selling out his country.

Your President surrounds himself with low-life, self-dealing scum, because birds of a feather . . . Anyone with even an iota of intregrity in government has fled this cesspool incompetence and corruption. Then there are the toadies who are using this opportunity to enrich themselves, by selling out their country. The only people staying with the Trump regime are those who think they'll survive this Presidency with enough money to crawl into a hole and disappear from the prosecutions which are sure to follow.

Flynn signed this Plea Agreement prior to going to court with it. "I am guilty" He went to court and elocute to
List Barr’s lies.

[

Um no, Flynn had his life ruined by the media, and political agendas in what’s supposed to be apolitical in the FBI and the DOJ. Trump didn’t push the Russia collusion narrative we know is false. That was Obama admin, who spied on the campaign, knew the truth, and still pushed that story to their worshipping media who wrote a soap opera script with it.

You best look at the evidence and not made up stories. Barr has disproven these allegations and the coming Durham investigation report will show how this was all manufactured and coerced. There is nowhere to hide for these corrupt prosecutors and now the Judge in the case is in serious legal jeopardy. I couldn't write a fiction story this involved..

Entrapment usually gets overturned....

JO

You best look at the evidence and not made up stories. Barr has disproven these allegations and the coming Durham investigation report will show how this was all manufactured and coerced. There is nowhere to hide for these corrupt prosecutors and now the Judge in the case is in serious legal jeopardy. I couldn't write a fiction story this involved..

Don't you wonder why a Canadian sperm bucket would be so intensely interested in American Politics?
Gotta wonder if she's full of shit about being a Canadian.

JO

QUESTION!

why did Obama know about Flynn's call with Kislyak before the acting AG knew?

i'm just asking questions as an honest citizen. i'm a journalist!
gosh I wonder why the President would be informed of a national security threat
We all know he wasn't any kind of a threat to National Security. He was only a threat to corrupt minions in the deep state.
Flynn was communicating with Kislyak as a private citizen, thats the security threat.

Well, he wasn't quite a "private citizen" now was he? He was the incoming NSA. It is quite normal for incoming NSA's to have communications with their counterparts during a transition.

It is quite dishonest for you or anyone else to push this as the reason that the Obama administration was looking to sabatoge the incoming administration in this way...It shows that Democrats work against the interests of the United States when they loose power.

[

Um no, Flynn had his life ruined by the media, and political agendas in what’s supposed to be apolitical in the FBI and the DOJ. Trump didn’t push the Russia collusion narrative we know is false. That was Obama admin, who spied on the campaign, knew the truth, and still pushed that story to their worshipping media who wrote a soap opera script with it.

Had Trump told the truth, no one would have had to lie for him. The FBI investigated a potential security threat. That’s their job. It would be political to give them a pass. It’s political for the AG to drop charges on Flynn and to intervene in Stone’s sentencing.

Had Trump told the truth, no one would have had to lie for him.

Except that you libs haven't proven any lies. You seem to think that if you just say "he lied" then repeat it over and over like some twisted echo chamber, that makes it true...It would be more credible if you hadn't already established yourself as out of your mind with hatred from Trump winning in '16.

The FBI investigated a potential security threat. That’s their job.

What exactly was the threat of an incoming NSA talking with an ambassador who would be his counterpart in less than 2 weeks?

It would be political to give them a pass.

Nonsense. The emails released show that Obama's agencies were who were politicized here...Hell, at one point there are emails detailing how to take Flynn down...

It’s political for the AG to drop charges on Flynn and to intervene in Stone’s sentencing.

I have full confidence that Barr is on the up and up. Libs like you are just mad that your schemes are now falling through, and instead of your dreams of 'getting shorty', it is going to end up with your schemers being the ones facing serious jail time.

I see the endless stupidity of leftists here in the thread, they can't even understand WHY the Court of Appeals are asking him to justify his bizarre decisions. He MUST comply with the Appeals Court order or he will be in a world of shit.

From American Thinker:

Judge Sullivan does the equivalent of pasting 'I’m guilty' on his forehead
By Andrea Widburg
May 24, 2020

Excerpt

From the beginning of the Michael Flynn case, Judge Sullivan has been hostile to Flynn. By December 2018, based upon a misreading of the facts, Sullivan accused Flynn of conduct amounting to treason and said that he felt “disdain” and “disgust” for what he believed Flynn had done.

Sullivan’s behavior, however, went from hostile to bizarre when the Department of Justice, having uncovered massive wrongdoing the FBI’s and DOJ’s handling of the Flynn matter, moved to dismiss the case. On Saturday, though, Judge Sullivan managed to escalate from bizarre to . . . well, maybe paranoid is the correct word.

A Motion to Dismiss a criminal case is a routine procedure when the government realizes, for whatever reason, that there is no further reason to prosecute a defendant. Because the Constitution gives the prosecutor sole discretion about whether to bring a case and then, having brought it, whether to miss it, the judge has a limited role – and that role is to protect the defendant.

Thus, it is the judge’s responsibility to make sure that the government isn’t toying with the defendant by dismissing a losing case while intending to refile in the hopes of drawing a more amenable judge or jury. Absent that problem, the judge’s only job is to rubber-stamp the dismissal.

Judge Sullivan refused to use that rubber stamp. He also declined to act as Flynn’s last defense against an overreaching prosecution.

LINK

======

Give it up leftists, this is a losing cause for Flynn haters. YOU should be supporting the process of Justice.

Had Trump told the truth, no one would have had to lie for him.

Except that you libs haven't proven any lies. You seem to think that if you just say "he lied" then repeat it over and over like some twisted echo chamber, that makes it true...It would be more credible if you hadn't already established yourself as out of your mind with hatred from Trump winning in '16.

The FBI investigated a potential security threat. That’s their job.

What exactly was the threat of an incoming NSA talking with an ambassador who would be his counterpart in less than 2 weeks?

It would be political to give them a pass.

Nonsense. The emails released show that Obama's agencies were who were politicized here...Hell, at one point there are emails detailing how to take Flynn down...

It’s political for the AG to drop charges on Flynn and to intervene in Stone’s sentencing.

I have full confidence that Barr is on the up and up. Libs like you are just mad that your schemes are now falling through, and instead of your dreams of 'getting shorty', it is going to end up with your schemers being the ones facing serious jail time.

Let’s get the facts clear, something people aren’t really interested in these days.

Kislyak called Flynn, his point of contact for the incoming administration, immediately after Obama sanctioned Russia. Flynn delivers Trump’s message to Russia not to escalate and we will take care of this later.

When the phone call is made public, Trump’s administration does nothing but lie about it for weeks. It didn’t happen. It didn’t happen on that date. They didn’t discuss policy. They didn’t discuss sanctions.

Then the story entirely fell apart revealing the administration lied about all of it.

So they pinned the blame squarely on Flynn and fired him.

If you want to complain about someone treating Flynn poorly, that person is Trump. Trump threw him under the bus.

Forum List

Back