Judge Sullivan Scrambles For A Lifeline To Bail HIMSELF Out Of Dropped Flynn Case

[
WTF is your source here? You obviously copied and pasted, but didn’t take the extra 2 seconds to post the full article. My guess is, it’s a trash source, and it’s quoting someone whose clearly biased and paraphrasing what they wish Flynn said...which was asking Russia not to escalate.

They won’t release the transcript of the call.
From what we’ve heard of what’s leaked, remember the leaks have been only stuff that paints the trump admin in a bad light, it’s Flynn asking Russia not to escalate, and to veto sanctions on Israel. If Flynn said something fucked up, even if it was out of context, it would’ve been leaked, just like everything else was at that time. And not wanting to release calls with foreign diplomats is understandable, we don’t want to set the precedent of putting diplomats private calls and laundry, dirty or clean, out there over political fights. That’s just no way to do foreign policy, I think both sides can agree on that. I’m shocked Ukrainian pres let us do it.

Exactly right. Trump is trying to hide his dirty laundry. This is a cover up.
:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

Your still trying to spin this as Trumps fault... My gawd man your an idiot.
Trump has been trying to hide this since the beginning. It’s the entire reason Flynn lied to the FBI in the first place.

Flynn had his life ruined by Trump.
:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::spinner::spinner:

Agree!

The mewling refusal to accept the Mueller Report, the full release of the Sislax/Flynn Phone Transcripts and the released FBI memos showing determined conspiracy against Flynn.

Leftism is a proven mental disease.

I see the endless stupidity of leftists here in the thread, they can't even understand WHY the Court of Appeals are asking him to justify his bizarre decisions. He MUST comply with the Appeals Court order or he will be in a world of shit.

From American Thinker:

Judge Sullivan does the equivalent of pasting 'I’m guilty' on his forehead
By Andrea Widburg
May 24, 2020

Excerpt

From the beginning of the Michael Flynn case, Judge Sullivan has been hostile to Flynn. By December 2018, based upon a misreading of the facts, Sullivan accused Flynn of conduct amounting to treason and said that he felt “disdain” and “disgust” for what he believed Flynn had done.

Sullivan’s behavior, however, went from hostile to bizarre when the Department of Justice, having uncovered massive wrongdoing the FBI’s and DOJ’s handling of the Flynn matter, moved to dismiss the case. On Saturday, though, Judge Sullivan managed to escalate from bizarre to . . . well, maybe paranoid is the correct word.

A Motion to Dismiss a criminal case is a routine procedure when the government realizes, for whatever reason, that there is no further reason to prosecute a defendant. Because the Constitution gives the prosecutor sole discretion about whether to bring a case and then, having brought it, whether to miss it, the judge has a limited role – and that role is to protect the defendant.

Thus, it is the judge’s responsibility to make sure that the government isn’t toying with the defendant by dismissing a losing case while intending to refile in the hopes of drawing a more amenable judge or jury. Absent that problem, the judge’s only job is to rubber-stamp the dismissal.

Judge Sullivan refused to use that rubber stamp. He also declined to act as Flynn’s last defense against an overreaching prosecution.

LINK

======

Give it up leftists, this is a losing cause for Flynn haters. YOU should be supporting the process of Justice.
That article expresses the exact same opinion I have on the matter. The judge is taking on the role of the prosecution instead of protecting the defendant, as he's charged with doing.

I wonder, what made all these leftists so goddamn triggered about Flynn in the first place? It is as if that dude slap their mama or something. All of this is completely bizarre.

There's a whole lot more to this story that we are not hearing, I'm sure. Dude had intelligence on somebody, straight up pissed off Obama, or something else that threatened the power structure.

Kislyak called Flynn, his point of contact for the incoming administration, immediately after Obama sanctioned Russia. Flynn delivers Trump’s message to Russia not to escalate and we will take care of this later.
Big fucking deal?

When the phone call is made public, Trump’s administration does nothing but lie about it for weeks. It didn’t happen. It didn’t happen on that date. They didn’t discuss policy. They didn’t discuss sanctions.
Why was such a phone call made public?

Then the story entirely fell apart revealing the administration lied about all of it.

So they pinned the blame squarely on Flynn and fired him.

If you want to complain about someone treating Flynn poorly, that person is Trump. Trump threw him under the bus.
So, Trump is to blame for all of this malicious prosecutorial misconduct that we are witnessing right now, and the abuse of power on the bench by the judge?

You have what is at best an embarrassment for an administration, but for some reason this was run up the flagpole.

Can you explain to me what Flynn did that makes you so fucking triggered? How does any of this affect you in one single way?

Kislyak called Flynn, his point of contact for the incoming administration, immediately after Obama sanctioned Russia. Flynn delivers Trump’s message to Russia not to escalate and we will take care of this later.
Big fucking deal?

When the phone call is made public, Trump’s administration does nothing but lie about it for weeks. It didn’t happen. It didn’t happen on that date. They didn’t discuss policy. They didn’t discuss sanctions.

Then the story entirely fell apart revealing the administration lied about all of it.

If you want to complain about someone treating Flynn poorly, that person is Trump. Trump threw him under the bus.
So, Trump is to blame for all of this malicious prosecutorial misconduct that we are witnessing right now, and the abuse of power on the bench by the judge?

You have what is at best an embarrassment for an administration, but for some reason this was run up the flagpole.

Can you explain to me what Flynn did that makes you so fucking triggered? How does any of this affect you in one single way?

Trump threw Flynn under the bus. Stop whining about everyone else and realize that Trump doesn’t give a shit about anyone other than himself.

Trump could have said immediately, yeah we talked to the Russians and it was the right thing to do. That’s it. This entire thing would have never happened.

But you know what? He was too much of a pussy to do so.

Had Trump told the truth, no one would have had to lie for him.

Except that you libs haven't proven any lies. You seem to think that if you just say "he lied" then repeat it over and over like some twisted echo chamber, that makes it true...It would be more credible if you hadn't already established yourself as out of your mind with hatred from Trump winning in '16.

The FBI investigated a potential security threat. That’s their job.

What exactly was the threat of an incoming NSA talking with an ambassador who would be his counterpart in less than 2 weeks?

It would be political to give them a pass.

Nonsense. The emails released show that Obama's agencies were who were politicized here...Hell, at one point there are emails detailing how to take Flynn down...

It’s political for the AG to drop charges on Flynn and to intervene in Stone’s sentencing.

I have full confidence that Barr is on the up and up. Libs like you are just mad that your schemes are now falling through, and instead of your dreams of 'getting shorty', it is going to end up with your schemers being the ones facing serious jail time.

Let’s get the facts clear, something people aren’t really interested in these days.

Well, I understand that is your take, but with the recently released emails within the FBI at the time, that story concocted by Democrats, seems to be not all together the truth of the matter.

I see the endless stupidity of leftists here in the thread, they can't even understand WHY the Court of Appeals are asking him to justify his bizarre decisions. He MUST comply with the Appeals Court order or he will be in a world of shit.

From American Thinker:

By Andrea Widburg
May 24, 2020

Excerpt

From the beginning of the Michael Flynn case, Judge Sullivan has been hostile to Flynn. By December 2018, based upon a misreading of the facts, Sullivan accused Flynn of conduct amounting to treason and said that he felt “disdain” and “disgust” for what he believed Flynn had done.

Sullivan’s behavior, however, went from hostile to bizarre when the Department of Justice, having uncovered massive wrongdoing the FBI’s and DOJ’s handling of the Flynn matter, moved to dismiss the case. On Saturday, though, Judge Sullivan managed to escalate from bizarre to . . . well, maybe paranoid is the correct word.

A Motion to Dismiss a criminal case is a routine procedure when the government realizes, for whatever reason, that there is no further reason to prosecute a defendant. Because the Constitution gives the prosecutor sole discretion about whether to bring a case and then, having brought it, whether to miss it, the judge has a limited role – and that role is to protect the defendant.

Thus, it is the judge’s responsibility to make sure that the government isn’t toying with the defendant by dismissing a losing case while intending to refile in the hopes of drawing a more amenable judge or jury. Absent that problem, the judge’s only job is to rubber-stamp the dismissal.

Judge Sullivan refused to use that rubber stamp. He also declined to act as Flynn’s last defense against an overreaching prosecution.

LINK

======

Give it up leftists, this is a losing cause for Flynn haters. YOU should be supporting the process of Justice.
That article expresses the exact same opinion I have on the matter. The judge is taking on the role of the prosecution instead of protecting the defendant, as he's charged with doing.

I wonder, what made all these leftists so goddamn triggered about Flynn in the first place? It is as if that dude slap their mama or something. All of this is completely bizarre.

There's a whole lot more to this story that we are not hearing, I'm sure. Dude had intelligence on somebody, straight up pissed off Obama, or something else that threatened the power structure.

It wasn’t just Flynn they fucked over. They went after popodapolis, however you spell it, for “lying” because he got a date wrong, and “obstruction” because he got a new phone. Just like Flynn, all to MANUFACTURE a Russian Collusion narrative they knew was false because they were surveilling the trump campaign the whole time. On the flip side Comey writes a letter to set up a perfect case against Hillary, then inserts intent into a matter where intent is NOT to be considered when prosecuting.

Big fucking deal?

Trump threw Flynn under the bus. Stop whining about everyone else and realize that Trump doesn’t give a shit about anyone other than himself.

Trump could have said immediately, yeah we talked to the Russians and it was the right thing to do. That’s it. This entire thing would have never happened.

So now you’re saying Flynn is not at fault? We already know Flynn wanted to fight this charge up until they threatened to go after his son. At best, but highly unlikely because we’ve already seen the SOC bias, this is them going after Flynn for crooked toenails.

Except that you libs haven't proven any lies. You seem to think that if you just say "he lied" then repeat it over and over like some twisted echo chamber, that makes it true...It would be more credible if you hadn't already established yourself as out of your mind with hatred from Trump winning in '16.

What exactly was the threat of an incoming NSA talking with an ambassador who would be his counterpart in less than 2 weeks?

Nonsense. The emails released show that Obama's agencies were who were politicized here...Hell, at one point there are emails detailing how to take Flynn down...

It’s political for the AG to drop charges on Flynn and to intervene in Stone’s sentencing.

I have full confidence that Barr is on the up and up. Libs like you are just mad that your schemes are now falling through, and instead of your dreams of 'getting shorty', it is going to end up with your schemers being the ones facing serious jail time.

Let’s get the facts clear, something people aren’t really interested in these days.

Well, I understand that is your take, but with the recently released emails within the FBI at the time, that story concocted by Democrats, seems to be not all together the truth of the matter.

Nothing released changes these facts. Kislyak reaches out to Flynn on Dec 29 specifically to talk about sanctions. That’s obvious. Which is why the Trump administration first tried telling people Flynn talked to Kislyak the day before the sanctions were enacted by the Obama administration.

Flynn received direction from the Trump transition team about what to say to Kislyak. Flynn followed up with the team about the results which were effective.

So for a month Trump’s administration lied about that phone call. They knew exactly what happened but didn’t want to admit it.

And they still won’t admit it. Flynn was sacrificed.

From American Thinker:

By Andrea Widburg
May 24, 2020

Excerpt

LINK

======

A possibility:

So if the Obama administration wasn’t alarmed by Flynn’s nonexistent ties to Russia, why was he Obama’s No. 1 target? Why were officials from the previous administration intercepting his phone calls with the Russian ambassador?

The answer is that Obama saw Flynn as a signal threat to his legacy, which was rooted in his July 2015 nuclear agreement with Iran—the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA). Flynn had said long before he signed on with the Trump campaign that it was a catastrophe to realign American interests with those of a terror state. And now that the candidate he’d advised was the new president-elect, Flynn was in a position to help undo the deal. To stop Flynn, the outgoing White House ran the same offense it used to sell the Iran deal—they smeared Flynn through the press as an agent of a foreign power, spied on him, and leaked classified intercepts of his conversations to reliable echo chamber allies.

Big fucking deal?

So now you’re saying Flynn is not at fault? We already know Flynn wanted to fight this charge up until they threatened to go after his son. At best, but highly unlikely because we’ve already seen the SOC bias, this is them going after Flynn for crooked toenails.

We have no idea if Flynn wanted to fight this “up until they threatened to go after his son”. You’re making assumptions.

Flynn is responsible for his behavior. But let’s not pretend that he was doing something off on his own. He was a Trump team player. Same thing that got Cohen, Stone and Papadopolous in trouble.

They were all sacrificed for Trump.

I wonder, what made all these leftists so goddamn triggered about Flynn in the first place?
Flynn is the key to the whole Russian collusion narrative. Without a Flynn conviction it all falls apart and exposes everyone of those accusing Trump, who were in on the Coup D'eTat, to life long jail sentences. If the Flynn railroad job falls so does the whole democrat narrative of over 4 years. Its already collapsed and they cant see it...

Nothing released changes these facts. Kislyak reaches out to Flynn on Dec 29 specifically to talk about sanctions. That’s obvious. Which is why the Trump administration first tried telling people Flynn talked to Kislyak the day before the sanctions were enacted by the Obama administration.

Flynn received direction from the Trump transition team about what to say to Kislyak. Flynn followed up with the team about the results which were effective.

So for a month Trump’s administration lied about that phone call. They knew exactly what happened but didn’t want to admit it.

And for 2 years after, millions of taxpayer dollars spent, a very thorough investigation, they even turned trumps lawyer, what did mueller report show us? NO RUSSIAN COLLUSION. So what on earth could you be implying was bad. The only orders we know he received were from kushner asking them to vote no on the UN reso. The obama admin knowingly lied about Obama care, Benghazi, the Iran deal (including illegally paying Iran billions of dollars in cash that filled up literal pallets). Obama himself said over a hot mic, that he’d work something out with Russia after the election, implying that whatever it was wouldn’t look good for him. You’re trying to manufacture something that we already ruled out through a very long and thorough investigation.

QUESTION!

why did Obama know about Flynn's call with Kislyak before the acting AG knew?

i'm just asking questions as an honest citizen. i'm a journalist!
gosh I wonder why the President would be informed of a national security threat
We all know he wasn't any kind of a threat to National Security. He was only a threat to corrupt minions in the deep state.
Flynn was communicating with Kislyak as a private citizen, thats the security threat.

Well, he wasn't quite a "private citizen" now was he? He was the incoming NSA. It is quite normal for incoming NSA's to have communications with their counterparts during a transition.

It is quite dishonest for you or anyone else to push this as the reason that the Obama administration was looking to sabatoge the incoming administration in this way...It shows that Democrats work against the interests of the United States when they loose power.
If that were the case, then Flynn wouldnt have had to lie to FBI investigators, and plea guilty to that twice.
Simultaneously, Flynn was an unregistered foreign agent for Turkey.

Sullivan has a long history of bringing out exculpatory evidence the investigators held back. Perhaps the best example is Sullivan's Ted Stevens case. If there were any exculpatory evidence, Sullivan would have used it.

One of the primary functions of our federal government is to surveil influence from hostile foreign powers. If somebody in our country is communicating with this hostile foreign power, it might appear that this surveillance is on somebody in our country when in fact is the foreigner being surveiled.

Fine. Why continue to prosecute Flynn?

Flynn is responsible for his behavior. But let’s not pretend that he was doing something off on his own. He was a Trump team player. Same thing that got Cohen, Stone and Papadopolous in trouble.
What do you propose?

They were all sacrificed for Trump.
Sacrificed BY WHOM???

From American Thinker:

By Andrea Widburg
May 24, 2020

Excerpt

LINK

======

A possibility:

So if the Obama administration wasn’t alarmed by Flynn’s nonexistent ties to Russia, why was he Obama’s No. 1 target? Why were officials from the previous administration intercepting his phone calls with the Russian ambassador?

The answer is that Obama saw Flynn as a signal threat to his legacy, which was rooted in his July 2015 nuclear agreement with Iran—the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA). Flynn had said long before he signed on with the Trump campaign that it was a catastrophe to realign American interests with those of a terror state. And now that the candidate he’d advised was the new president-elect, Flynn was in a position to help undo the deal. To stop Flynn, the outgoing White House ran the same offense it used to sell the Iran deal—they smeared Flynn through the press as an agent of a foreign power, spied on him, and leaked classified intercepts of his conversations to reliable echo chamber allies.
I would like to hear a response to this scenario.

Anyone?

Flynn was a punching for those who hate Trump

THEY WANTED REVENGE ON BEHALF OF THE CLINTONS!

but what goes around, my friends, comes around

And for 2 years after, millions of taxpayer dollars spent, a very thorough investigation, they even turned trumps lawyer, what did mueller report show us? NO RUSSIAN COLLUSION. So what on earth could you be implying was bad. The only orders we know he received were from kushner asking them to vote no on the UN reso. The obama admin knowingly lied about Obama care, Benghazi, the Iran deal (including illegally paying Iran billions of dollars in cash that filled up literal pallets). Obama himself said over a hot mic, that he’d work something out with Russia after the election, implying that whatever it was wouldn’t look good for him. You’re trying to manufacture something that we already ruled out through a very long and thorough investigation.

My turn.

No collusion but that didn’t exonerated Trump or made Trump innocent. They just couldn’t charge a sitting president. Obama lies on Obamacare ———- compared to Trump NEVER ending lies that is nothing. Benghazi spent 2 years investigating Hillary led by GOP Trey Gowdy nothing was found. Illegally paying Iran? That was Iran money held during the sanctions against Iran. So it’s not US tax payers money. Obama caught on hot mic. What is wrong with that?

Colfax was talking about Kislyak and you went all over.

No collusion but that didn’t exonerated Trump or made Trump innocent.
Then what was his crime?

They just couldn’t charge a sitting president.
With what?

Illegally paying Iran? That was Iran money held during the sanctions against Iran. So it’s not US tax payers money.
It was money owed to the prior Iranian government, not the Islamic Nazis controlling it now. Obama should NEVER have given them that money, particularly if they are people funding terrorism. Jesus. Are you that dumb?

Obama caught on hot mic. What is wrong with that?
Nothing. It's just that he was doing the same motherfucking thing Trump is accused of doing (or even Flynn).

My turn.

No collusion but that didn’t exonerated Trump or made Trump innocent. They just couldn’t charge a sitting president. Obama lies on Obamacare ———- compared to Trump NEVER ending lies that is nothing. Benghazi spent 2 years investigating Hillary led by GOP Trey Gowdy nothing was found. Illegally paying Iran? That was Iran money held during the sanctions against Iran. So it’s not US tax payers money. Obama caught on hot mic. What is wrong with that?

Colfax was talking about Kislyak and you went all over.
What would they have charged Trump with if you could indict the President? Name the crime.

Ambassador Kislyak called Flynn December 28, 2016 while Flynn on vacation. December 29, 2016 spoke to Kislyak by phone 5 times. TOPIC sanctions against Russia.

1. Flynn is just a private citizen. His role as NSA doesn’t start till January 20, 2017.

2. The excuses as part of the transition is just plain hog wash. The transition we are talking about is supposed and it’s should be just about the incumbent NSA to Flynn. Not a transition to warned Russia especially the day Obama made the announcement of the sanctions.

3. Talking to foreign adversaries such as Russia warning them of such punishments is coming is called TRAITOR......
WHY is that acceptable to you and the rest of Trump followers?

Flynn pleaded guilty twice under oath. Just because a crooked AG got involved doesn’t make Flynn innocent of wrong doings. It only proved Trump administration is corrupt. Barr is also involved in Roger Stone case.

December 10, 2015 General Flynn a US general sitting next to Putin eating dinner in Moscow. He wasn’t there to represent US to wear that uniform. Flynn is a TRAITOR.
WHY is that acceptable?

Do NOT give me the excuses of entrapment or lost of 302....

Forum List

Back