Jesus died for your sins ??

I disagree with the part about you thinking that those are settled facts.
That would mean so much more if you could actually tell me how matter and energy could be an eternal source for creating universes.

the issue under discussion is [ EVENTS RELATED TO RELIGION----which does
include "similar (sometimes only superficially) stories and events }
No I am fascinated that Cleopatra and Mark Antony lived a few years before Jesus was born it blew my mind away

Direct quote from the bible.
I was referring to the INTERPRETATION that you somehow developed in your
brain. I will help. Animals seek out food for themselves and their progeny
AS NEEDED. Humans have---located in the FOREBRAIN-----a function commonly
called FORESIGHT----they organize their lives so that their food remains available
over time

No I am fascinated that Cleopatra and Mark Antony lived a few years before Jesus was born it blew my mind away
A far more interesting factoid is HILLEL probably died in Jerusalem about the same
time Jesus was born. We do not have exact dates for either event, however

The contempt and bitterness of some non-believers and atheists never ceases to amaze.

Mithra?-----I think preceded Jesus
the goddesses in may ways reflect eve's indiscretion - (who landed jesus his meal ticket) - not sure eve ever made it though ...

pantheism will always exist the may facets of life require their proper recognition - without evil is the final arbiter. for all.

the goddesses in may ways reflect eve's indiscretion - (who landed jesus his meal ticket) - not sure eve ever made it though ...

pantheism will always exist the may facets of life require their proper recognition - without evil is the final arbiter. for all.
I have known hindus who describe their religion like that ^^^^^

enjoy-----it's an intellectual exercise (please note ---I did not write
"mental masturbation"
"Intellectual Exercise".. LMAO

It's angry people with an agenda bashing and clubbing what they hate with intensely disrespectful language.

Just because you agree with them on principle doesn't mean you should make excuses for their lack of intellect and respect.

are you serious ....
But Jesus kept silent. And the high priest said to Him, “I adjure You by the living God, that You tell us whether You are the Christ, the Son of God.” Jesus *said to him, “You have said it yourself; nevertheless I tell you, hereafter you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven.”
that's from the 4th century book - nothing from the religious itinerant themselves ... other interpretations are in greater denial - only the most corrupt claim an admission.

the itinerant was no different than any that are not intimidated by threats and in their case willing to die than become a lacky for a false religion.

That would mean so much more if you could actually tell me how matter and energy could be an eternal source for creating universes.
At this point, I don't think that anyone has proven that it can't.

I don’t get it ??
So every child rapist , murderer , serial killer or anyone who committed any violent act that resulted in the injury or death of anyone is 100 percent cleared ??
Even 2,000 yrs after Jesus ?? You can kill 60 folks and just say you’re already cleared by Jesus
Wtf ???

You have the wrong idea. Jesus didn't die for any sin you might ever make in the future, he died for your sins of being born apart from God. We are all born into sin by being apart from God.

If you go out and commit some heinous crime now in life, you've just dug yourself a new hole.

In the Christian worldview no one knows their fate or the fate of others.
I'm sorry ding, but that is simply untrue and unbiblical. You have said that before and I am pretty sure I responded to that statement before, but I'll do it again because I don't want people to be misled. God doesn't want us to be unsure of our eternal fate. Why? For numerous reasons, starting with lack of assurance leading to worry, stressing and striving through our own efforts, which btw shows a misunderstanding of the entire Gospel.

There are a number of verses I could share on assurance of salvation, but here are just a couple. Note the bolded text:

He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life. These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life.
1 John 5:12-13​
The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God.​
Romans 8:16​
I think the problem in regard to Catholics with that idea (that no one knows their fate) is that it comes from an incorrect teaching or a lack of teaching on salvation. And this is very, very, very important.

Despite what the Catholic church teaches or doesn't teach, Jesus made it very clear that you must be born again. No one who is unregenerate (still in their flesh, their natural state) will see the kingdom of God. And here's the thing… when you are born again, you know it. There is no doubt or question about one's salvation when you are truly saved.

Please don't let your loyalty to a particular church become more important than what is actually true because salvation is very important. If someone is not sure of their salvation, then it sounds like they don't understand the Gospel. We are not saved through getting sprinkled with a little bit of water as a baby, or going through religious sacraments. You must be born again. Jesus made that very clear, read John 3.

That means not putting faith in your own works or in religion but getting truly reconciled to God. First there must be an understanding of one's true spiritual condition (a sinner in need of forgiveness) repentance which means changing direction, in other words deciding to turn away from evil and toward good, then receiving the gift of salvation by simply believing and trusting that JESUS paid the price for you. It involves a complete surrender to God, not a half-hearted religious thing, but a genuine change of mind/heart. We are saved by God's grace, through faith. And when we get saved we become a new creation, literally, and life will never be the same. Again, I'm bringing this up because you said we don't know our eternal fate, but that is not true, when you are a child of God, born from above, you know!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back