Its July 1. Covid Virus will essentially be gone by the end of the month.

Many states are seeing a huge surge in cases of Covid-19. If you want to call full hospital beds "fake news", that is up to you.

But please don't pretend you are posting facts.
Fact is only about 50% of the beds are being used. Because the hospitals are only using enough nurses to monitor that many. They can call in more if needed. Don't let the facts get in the way of your lies.
Fact is only about 50% of the beds are being used. Because the hospitals are only using enough nurses to monitor that many. They can call in more if needed. Don't let the facts get in the way of your lies.
Derp...
Yes but of course as new cases rise, so will the number of hospitilizations.
Possibly but we are not really seeing a large spike in the hospitalizations or deaths yet. If we never reach capacity then we do not need lock downs as they were never meant to stop the virus but rather to ensure hospitals were not overrun. This little fact seems to have been forgotten 10 seconds after they were instituted. Of course, those are lagging indicators as you point out but if the new infections are centered around a younger population then we are unlikely to see any real spike in hospitalizations or deaths. I don't think we know enough yet to properly react.

Something that is really bullshit is the shifting narrative from deaths to hospitalizations to number of infected in the media just to sensationalize the news on this. The media throughout this entire thing has been about as useful as Trump's press conferences. Neither have any real connection to reality.
Possibly but we are not really seeing a large spike in the hospitalizations or deaths yet.
Yet. That's the key. Hospitilizations and deaths are lagging indicators. It takes time for those currently infected to require hispitalization and even longer for those sickest to die.
The spikes are coming.

I don't see any shifts for sensationalism. Only as the number of infected dropped, the focus then shifted to the lagging indicators.
Cases are back to an all time high so now they're focused on new cases.
The news is in what is happening with the numbers. What should they report instead?

Last edited:
Many states are seeing a huge surge in cases of Covid-19. If you want to call full hospital beds "fake news", that is up to you.

Derp...
Possibly but we are not really seeing a large spike in the hospitalizations or deaths yet. If we never reach capacity then we do not need lock downs as they were never meant to stop the virus but rather to ensure hospitals were not overrun. This little fact seems to have been forgotten 10 seconds after they were instituted. Of course, those are lagging indicators as you point out but if the new infections are centered around a younger population then we are unlikely to see any real spike in hospitalizations or deaths. I don't think we know enough yet to properly react.

Something that is really bullshit is the shifting narrative from deaths to hospitalizations to number of infected in the media just to sensationalize the news on this. The media throughout this entire thing has been about as useful as Trump's press conferences. Neither have any real connection to reality.
They were forgotten by liberals when it became okay to riot and protest. Which helps prove this was done to hurt Trump.
They were forgotten by liberals when it became okay to riot and protest. Which helps prove this was done to hurt Trump.
What was done to hurt Trump?
The virus?
LOL....
Yes, the entire world is going along with the scam just to hurt Trump. :cuckoo:

Seriously, dude.

Derp...

Possibly but we are not really seeing a large spike in the hospitalizations or deaths yet.
Yet. That's the key. Hospitilizations and deaths are lagging indicators. It takes time for those currently infected to require hispitalization and even longer for those sickest to die.
The spikes are coming.

I don't see any shifts for sensationalism. Only as the number of infected dropped, the focus then shifted to the lagging indicators.
Cases are back to an all time high so now they're focused on new cases.
The news is in what is happening with the numbers. What should they report instead?
You can give the numbers going up to the protesters and rioters for it.

I would wish nothing more for this prediction to come to pass, but I have serious doubts that it will.
camus-pest-ehrlichkeit.jpg

camus.jpg

Facts about Covid-19

Updated: June 2020; Share on: Twitter / Facebook
Languages: CZ, DE, EN, EO, ES, FI, FR, GR, HBS, HE, HU, IT, JP, KO, NO, PL, PT, RO, RU, SE, SI, SK, TR
Fully referenced facts about Covid-19, provided by experts in the field, to help our readers make a realistic risk assessment. (Regular updates below)
“The only means to fight the plague is honesty.” (Albert Camus, 1947)

Say, when are PROGS going after U.S. currency anyway? Those dudes had slaves or did something else to melt over. After all dumb fucks, money is public right? Fucking carrying around slave owners in your pockets, doesn't that bother you? Where's the consistency? Stick with me snowflakes, I'll give all kinds of ideas to break. In fact, pick something, anything, I'm sure I can figure out why you should be offended.

Actually one of things that actually made sense in the article was that we could roughly calculate the number of actual infections from deaths by using the CDC IFR of .26%

To date ~129,000 fatalities

129,000/.0026 = 49,615,384 infections

Total population: ~328,200,000

~15% infected to this point.

Had we had anything anywhere near the 4-6% fatality rates we were sold the lockdowns on, the fatalies, based on that 15% number would be.

49,815,834 infections * .04 = 1,984,615 fatalities.

It does fall apart for me as it calls for a 20% or whatever threshold for herd immunity. I can't buy into that without some solid facts to back that up. Everything I've seen indicates a minimum of 60% for that to take hold.

Common sense indicates that the infected rate in some of the harder-hit areas are actually higher. In NYC for instance, antibody testing has shown a 21.6% positivity rate. An early sampling in Chicago showed similar, but actually higher, numbers.

I do also have to wonder what the IFR is outside of LTC facilities, given that a huge % of fatalities have been in those LTC facilities. Looking at that might actually drive the IFR lower for the general population, and # of estimated infections of the general population higher, indicating we are closer to herd immunity than we think.
_______

Thank you for a respectful, knowledgeable post. Doesn't happen often. You actually read the article, and may have gotten more out of it than I did. You said:

"It does fall apart for me as it calls for a 20% or whatever threshold for herd immunity. I can't buy into that without some solid facts to back that up. Everything I've seen indicates a minimum of 60% for that to take hold.

Common sense indicates that the infected rate in some of the harder-hit areas are actually higher. In NYC for instance, antibody testing has shown a 21.6% positivity rate. An early sampling in Chicago showed similar, but actually higher, numbers."

______

I didn't go back and re-read to respond here, but it seemed to me to say that some large percentage already have immunities from other coronas, or resistance levels to where they show no symptoms, and those, added to the 20% gets you to herd immunity. See the example given from the Cruise ship.

And similar is New York. You say positivity rate is 21.6%. Well, it's pretty much dead in New York.

_____

No problem.

I did read that portion and that's where I have the problem, as I don't see how exposure to other coronaviruses should/will give immunity to this one. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just haven't seen anything that supports that assertion, and that's why it broke down for me there. I see the info for the cruise and NY, but that's not sufficient proof that others fought the disease off instead of actually just not being exposed to it in the first place, IMO.

I'm looking at it thinking that if people had some general immunity in a large percentage of the population we'd be using their antibodies for treatments, and I haven't seen that, nor have I seen it discussed/supported/proven in any of the scientific publications I've seen. Not saying it's impossible, and it may help explain why so many people are asymptomatic if we really think about that for a second, just that I haven't seen evidence to support it.

Hell, I'm all for it if it's the case. I think herd immunity has been disparaged as some voodoo science when in reality getting there is the only answer in the long run and we will get there, whether we like it or not. I just need supporting evidence for the assertion that prior exposure to other coronavirus offers some/any immunity to this one.

Something like this actually might point to reasons some are asymptomatic and how/why some that are exposed may not get active infections

This is still the first wave, dope.
They're dead serious about this stuff.

I've never seen a group psychosis like this. At least, not in my lifetime.

And it's just not funny any more.
No, It's not funny at all. There is a significant portion of our population that simply cannot function competently in society any longer.
We've all been taught as toddlers to cover our mouths when we cough or sneeze and to wash our hands regularly. Suddenly, grown people cannot correlate those simple learned actions to their behavior during a pandemic. They actually believe it's fake. It is baffling to me.
I agree. Its like watching a grownup knowingly jump into a tiger cage with hand cuffs on because Drumpf told him that tigers dont really kill people.
LMAO, Assfaceais brought Trump into this. What does this have to do with DJT?

You're a fraud. Again, just because you're openly gay it doesn't give you the right to lie on this board.

They bring Trump into absolutely everything.

I’ve just joined the potato thread.

I wonder what they’ll do to that.

Forum List

Back