It's is far time we impeach

if one person was killed during the Bush Administration, they would of impeached him asap. yet no one went to jail over Ben Ghazi and all of the murders that occured during the Fast&Furious debacle,,,,hey, didn't someone die somewhere in the WhiteHouse when Clinton was in office? I don't think he died from eating a bad cheeseburger.

3,000 were killed "during the Bush Administration". Honestly, Rip Van Winkle, where ya been?

The minuet there is evidence that Obama committed a crime like Clinton did by committing perjury then you can talk impeachment. All we really have is reason to never vote a marxist in office ever again

How many times do you have to be told that every time you make a typo, the errorists win!

The minuet there is evidence that Obama committed a crime like Clinton did by committing perjury then you can talk impeachment. All we really have is reason to never vote a marxist in office ever again

How many times do you have to be told that every time you make a typo, the errorists win!

Because you are wrong. We are Grammar Nazis.

Namely the Protektoren der Rede to be precise.

Listen, you KNOW I am a conservative. I am a registered republican, although sometimes I'd like to take some so-called republicans out behind the wood shed (Graham, McCain, etc.) and kick their asses for the stupidity that they so willingly display. I am an evangelical Christian and know that Jesus Christ is Lord and I absolutely believe that this administration is destroying this great nation one brick at a time.

But I have to tell you: YOU CANNOT IMPEACH A SITTING PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES WITHOUT CLEAR PROOF THAT HE COMMITTED A CRIMINAL ACT. Impeachment is NOT the means for overturning the results of a democratic election.

Barry is and has done many, many things. In foreign policy the man is an absolute amateur. If the abdication of leadership to Putin on Syria (Assad STILL has his weapons) has not highlighted that, then I don't know what else will. He misuses the executive order in ways that defy logic, BUT so far, Congress hasn't called him on it either. They LET him do it. Where are the lawsuits in federal court to overturn these directives? The DREAM Act? They let him do it. Obamacare? They let him do it.

No, if everytime a side loses an election, we have impeachment proceedings to look forward to it's going to get really stupid, really quick. Because I PROMISE YOU, if the left loses in 2016, they will want to impeach as well. Thats wrong and so is any attempt to impeach Barry.

Give me proof that will convict him of a CRIME in a court of law.

This is what makes the repubicans appear like little girls who cry when they drop their ice cream on the ground.

You can't beat Obama at the ballot box; he's out maneuvered (sp?) the GOP almost every time they've gone into battle. This upcoming government shutdown will be no different.

So what else can the GOP currently do except play the victim and cry foul?

It's really a paradox that on one hand you have the gun nuts who love to try to sound so manly; the supposedly ex-military people (guys who should be in their 60's, 70,s and 80's but seem to know blogging better than some 20 year olds--sure they were in 'Nam..), and the rank and file who scream about accountability then look for every conceivable excuse for why they've been rejected and it all comes down to two things; blame the other guy or scream foul and hope for a miracle like impeachment.

We need alternatives to Democrats and we need alternatives to Republicans in this country. It would be nice if the GOP would start to act, at least, like grown ups instead of the whiny little bitches they've become.

It's tiring. Obama will be Presdient until 2017. Get used to it.

God, there are just times when it becomes so hard to deal with STUPID. If you would just read the post instead of having some political hack knee-jerk reaction, you would see that I say that you shouldn't impeach Barry because there is NO EVIDENCE OF A CRIME. Yep, Barry has done a lot of things, mostly bad in my opinion, but I haven't seen any evidence of a criminal act in any of them. Find PROOF that he mandated the IRS to target tea party groups and I say THEN you have something.

If ignorance was a wart, the wicked witch of the west would have nothing on you...

Listen, you KNOW I am a conservative. I am a registered republican, although sometimes I'd like to take some so-called republicans out behind the wood shed (Graham, McCain, etc.) and kick their asses for the stupidity that they so willingly display. I am an evangelical Christian and know that Jesus Christ is Lord and I absolutely believe that this administration is destroying this great nation one brick at a time.

But I have to tell you: YOU CANNOT IMPEACH A SITTING PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES WITHOUT CLEAR PROOF THAT HE COMMITTED A CRIMINAL ACT. Impeachment is NOT the means for overturning the results of a democratic election.

Barry is and has done many, many things. In foreign policy the man is an absolute amateur. If the abdication of leadership to Putin on Syria (Assad STILL has his weapons) has not highlighted that, then I don't know what else will. He misuses the executive order in ways that defy logic, BUT so far, Congress hasn't called him on it either. They LET him do it. Where are the lawsuits in federal court to overturn these directives? The DREAM Act? They let him do it. Obamacare? They let him do it.

No, if everytime a side loses an election, we have impeachment proceedings to look forward to it's going to get really stupid, really quick. Because I PROMISE YOU, if the left loses in 2016, they will want to impeach as well. Thats wrong and so is any attempt to impeach Barry.

This is what makes the repubicans appear like little girls who cry when they drop their ice cream on the ground.

You can't beat Obama at the ballot box; he's out maneuvered (sp?) the GOP almost every time they've gone into battle. This upcoming government shutdown will be no different.

It's really a paradox that on one hand you have the gun nuts who love to try to sound so manly; the supposedly ex-military people (guys who should be in their 60's, 70,s and 80's but seem to know blogging better than some 20 year olds--sure they were in 'Nam..), and the rank and file who scream about accountability then look for every conceivable excuse for why they've been rejected and it all comes down to two things; blame the other guy or scream foul and hope for a miracle like impeachment.

We need alternatives to Democrats and we need alternatives to Republicans in this country. It would be nice if the GOP would start to act, at least, like grown ups instead of the whiny little bitches they've become.

God, there are just times when it becomes so hard to deal with STUPID. If you would just read the post instead of having some political hack knee-jerk reaction, you would see that I say that you shouldn't impeach Barry because there is NO EVIDENCE OF A CRIME. Yep, Barry has done a lot of things, mostly bad in my opinion, but I haven't seen any evidence of a criminal act in any of them. Find PROOF that he mandated the IRS to target tea party groups and I say THEN you have something.

If ignorance was a wart, the wicked witch of the west would have nothing on you...

I agree. To bad You can't impeach someone because they are and incompetant jackass.

If that were the case then Barry would have been impeached six months after taking office.

No such luck.

Sorry about that. I was speaking in generalities; not commenting on your post. In short; I was agreeing with you.

5 Ways Obama Has Trampled the Constitution:

Here are five of the Administration’s largest violations:

1. Changing Obamacare on the fly without congressional action

The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act requires that businesses employing 50 or more full-time employees must provide health insurance or pay a fine per uncovered employee. The law schedules this mandate to begin in January 2014. Yet the Administration has already announced that it will put this requirement on hold.

Meanwhile, Congress explicitly considered and rejected proposed amendments to Obamacare that would have created a specific allowance for a congressional health insurance subsidy in the exchanges, and indeed, such an exemption is illegal. But the Administration told Members of Congress and their staffers that it would give them a generous taxpayer-funded subsidy just the same.

Obamacare won’t work as written, and the Administration is just seizing power unilaterally to rewrite it.

2. Implementing the DREAM Act by executive fiat

Congress has repeatedly considered, and rejected, a bill known as the Dream Act that would effectively grant amnesty to many illegal aliens. Yet in June 2012, Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano issued a directive to immigration officials instructing them to defer deportation proceedings against an estimated 1.7 million illegal aliens. Oddly, this happened about a year after President Obama admitted that “the President doesn’t have the authority to simply ignore Congress and say, ‘We’re not going to enforce the laws you’ve passed.’”

3. Making “recess appointments” while the Senate was in session

In January 2012, President Obama made four “recess” appointments to the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) and Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, claiming that the Senate was not available to confirm those appointees. Yet the Senate was not in recess at that time. The Recess Appointments Clause is not an alternative to Senate confirmation and is supposed to be only a stopgap for times when the Senate is unable to provide advice and consent. Eventually, a three-judge panel of the D.C. Circuit struck down the appointments to the NLRB as unconstitutional.

4. Waiving welfare work requirements

In July 2012, the Department of Health and Human Services gutted the work requirements out of the welfare reform law passed in 1996. It notified states of Secretary Kathleen Sebelius’s “willingness to exercise her waiver authority” so that states may eliminate the work participation requirement of Section 407 of the 1996 reforms. This flatly contradicts the law, which provides that waivers granted under other sections of the law “shall not affect the applicability of section 407 to the State.” Despite this unambiguous language, the Obama Administration continues to flout the law with its “revisionist” interpretation.

5. Encouraging federal contractors to violate the law

The WARN Act requires that federal contractors give 60 days’ notice before a mass layoff or plant closing. Employers who do not give notice are liable for employees’ back pay and benefits as well as additional penalties. With defense-related spending cuts set to start on January 2, 2013, defense contractors should have issued notice by November 2, 2012 (just four days before the presidential election). Yet, the Department of Labor instructed defense contractors not to issue notice for layoffs due to sequestration until after the election—and assured them they would be reimbursed with taxpayer funds for any subsequent liability for violating the law.

One of the Constitution’s strongest features is its simplicity. It doesn’t serve as a laundry list of rights, as many modern constitutions attempt to do. Instead, it lays out a governing framework, divides power among three co-equal branches, and protects Americans from having their rights usurped by an overreaching government.

5 Ways Obama Has Trampled the Constitution

None of these are high crimes and misdemeanors which are the grounds for impeachment.

Clinton wasn't impeached almost because he lied. :

Clinton was impeached and it was because he committed perjury, obstructed justice, intimidated witnesses, and tampered with evidence.

Clinton was impeached because he was a democrat, his acquittal in the Senate is proof of that.

Being a democrat doesn't require you to commit perjury or the other violations of the law that Clinton was guilty of.

if one person was killed during the Bush Administration, they would of impeached him asap. yet no one went to jail over Ben Ghazi and all of the murders that occured during the Fast&Furious debacle,,,,hey, didn't someone die somewhere in the WhiteHouse when Clinton was in office? I don't think he died from eating a bad cheeseburger.

1. A Clinton official committed suicide. Try as they might, the GOP couldn't find any way to spin that suicide as a politically-motivated killing. It's sad, but just because something bad happened doesn't mean someone caused it.

2. No one went to jail for Benghazi because, at least with the evidence so far, no crime has been proven. Some people have alleged lots of shit, but alleging is not the same as having evidence. If Susan Rice purposely lied to the press and people (and that's still an IF), that's still not a crime. (If we made it illegal for a politician to lie, they'd all be in jail.)

3. The Fast & Furious "debacle" could be considered a crime since law enforcement officials allowed guns to be trafficked into Mexican gangs, which were eventually used to kill police. Trafficking is illegal. However, law enforcement regularly breaks the law to capture criminals, such as dealing drugs to find higher-level criminals (to take down an organization, not just the low-level dealers). Again, it's sad--but sad doesn't mean someone is a criminal.

As for impeachment, Bush II deserves it because he cherry-picked data to build a case for war in Iraq when there wasn't a case. That's MUCH worse than lying under oath about sex.

As for impeachment, Bush II deserves it because he cherry-picked data to build a case for war in Iraq when there wasn't a case. That's MUCH worse than lying under oath about sex.

No, he did not do that. We know for a fact, however, that Clinton perjured himself.

Indeed he has not. If there was anything there the Republicans would have done it

You must be really ignorant of the impeachment process, if republicans had the necessary votes they would have done it. Your dear leader is impeachment proof because the commiecrats have no problem with him shredding the constitution.

You must be really ignorant of the impeachment process. Where are the high crimes and misdemeanors?

You keep ignoring them that is where. The killing of at least four Americans without due process is a very high crime. Unless of course you think just anyone should be able to kill anyone else. The killing of a 16 year old innocent America may not have been murder because he was wrongly targeted but it certainly falls under man slaughter. Or has the liberal left given up its entire soul and they now don't give a damn who gets killed?

1. A Clinton official committed suicide. Try as they might, the GOP couldn't find any way to spin that suicide as a politically-motivated killing. It's sad, but just because something bad happened doesn't mean someone caused it.

2. No one went to jail for Benghazi because, at least with the evidence so far, no crime has been proven. Some people have alleged lots of shit, but alleging is not the same as having evidence. If Susan Rice purposely lied to the press and people (and that's still an IF), that's still not a crime. (If we made it illegal for a politician to lie, they'd all be in jail.)

3. The Fast & Furious "debacle" could be considered a crime since law enforcement officials allowed guns to be trafficked into Mexican gangs, which were eventually used to kill police. Trafficking is illegal. However, law enforcement regularly breaks the law to capture criminals, such as dealing drugs to find higher-level criminals (to take down an organization, not just the low-level dealers). Again, it's sad--but sad doesn't mean someone is a criminal.

1. An official was killed in Fort Marcy park and only by incredible manipulation were they able to skate. No real grass stains on the bottom of his feet and a very tortured explanation seems to me to be more then a smoking gun. Which he would have had to hold in his wrong hand.

2. No one as of yet is calling Benghazi anything other then a huge Obama clusterfu.K. But when the day comes, and it may never, it is shown that Stevens was killed while supplying arms to the Syrian Rebels then we may indeed have high crimes. If nothing else the Obama administration lying about it being about a video should be damaging enough if people cared. But ever since Clinton got a get out of jail free card for lying under oath truth doesn't seem to matter much to the left, except when it is GWB.

3. I might believe that the police BUY drugs, which is illegal, but to sell them? And actually let them hit the street? Doubtful. Which is what happened with Fast and Furious. Murder? No. Man Slaughter, yes.

Last edited:
[

The real question is - why do you support politicians breaking the highest law in the land? I mean, your throw a fuck'n hissy like no child I've ever seen when some businessman breaks a lesser law that doesn't even effect you (like Bernie Madoff for instant - he didn't take one damn penny from you). But the president violates the Constitution and you work around the clock to cover for him and pretend like he didn't (which is really fuck'n funny considering he admitted he did - kind of makes you look like a LYING asshole, you know?)
]

Okay, going to explain this really simply to you.

Breaking the law to make yourself richer- Bad.

Working around the law to make sure every American has access to health care - Good.

See the difference?

No, you probably don't.

We are the only country that doesn't provide basic health care for every citizen, and we have a political party doing its damned best to keep it that way.

Because only SOME people deserve to live. Just the rich, white ones.

So in Joe's mind, as long as he's horny, raping a woman is GOOD.... :cuckoo:

It is NEVER acceptable to break the law. NEVER. No amount of "do gooding" (or in your case, desperate attempt to defend the indefensible) makes violating the Constitution acceptable.

And Joe - it makes no difference if we are "the only" country that doesn't "provide basic healthcare for every citizen". We lead. We don't follow.

It's not the responsibility of the federal government to provide healthcare to the people. It really is that simple Joseph...

He violated the highest law in the land. He admitted it. Violating the Constitution (not to mention in the process violating his oath to defend and uphold the Constitution) is an impeachable offense, stupid...

5 Ways Obama Has Trampled the Constitution:

Here are five of the Administration’s largest violations:

1. Changing Obamacare on the fly without congressional action

The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act requires that businesses employing 50 or more full-time employees must provide health insurance or pay a fine per uncovered employee. The law schedules this mandate to begin in January 2014. Yet the Administration has already announced that it will put this requirement on hold.

Meanwhile, Congress explicitly considered and rejected proposed amendments to Obamacare that would have created a specific allowance for a congressional health insurance subsidy in the exchanges, and indeed, such an exemption is illegal. But the Administration told Members of Congress and their staffers that it would give them a generous taxpayer-funded subsidy just the same.

Obamacare won’t work as written, and the Administration is just seizing power unilaterally to rewrite it.

2. Implementing the DREAM Act by executive fiat

Congress has repeatedly considered, and rejected, a bill known as the Dream Act that would effectively grant amnesty to many illegal aliens. Yet in June 2012, Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano issued a directive to immigration officials instructing them to defer deportation proceedings against an estimated 1.7 million illegal aliens. Oddly, this happened about a year after President Obama admitted that “the President doesn’t have the authority to simply ignore Congress and say, ‘We’re not going to enforce the laws you’ve passed.’”

3. Making “recess appointments” while the Senate was in session

In January 2012, President Obama made four “recess” appointments to the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) and Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, claiming that the Senate was not available to confirm those appointees. Yet the Senate was not in recess at that time. The Recess Appointments Clause is not an alternative to Senate confirmation and is supposed to be only a stopgap for times when the Senate is unable to provide advice and consent. Eventually, a three-judge panel of the D.C. Circuit struck down the appointments to the NLRB as unconstitutional.

4. Waiving welfare work requirements

In July 2012, the Department of Health and Human Services gutted the work requirements out of the welfare reform law passed in 1996. It notified states of Secretary Kathleen Sebelius’s “willingness to exercise her waiver authority” so that states may eliminate the work participation requirement of Section 407 of the 1996 reforms. This flatly contradicts the law, which provides that waivers granted under other sections of the law “shall not affect the applicability of section 407 to the State.” Despite this unambiguous language, the Obama Administration continues to flout the law with its “revisionist” interpretation.

5. Encouraging federal contractors to violate the law

The WARN Act requires that federal contractors give 60 days’ notice before a mass layoff or plant closing. Employers who do not give notice are liable for employees’ back pay and benefits as well as additional penalties. With defense-related spending cuts set to start on January 2, 2013, defense contractors should have issued notice by November 2, 2012 (just four days before the presidential election). Yet, the Department of Labor instructed defense contractors not to issue notice for layoffs due to sequestration until after the election—and assured them they would be reimbursed with taxpayer funds for any subsequent liability for violating the law.

One of the Constitution’s strongest features is its simplicity. It doesn’t serve as a laundry list of rights, as many modern constitutions attempt to do. Instead, it lays out a governing framework, divides power among three co-equal branches, and protects Americans from having their rights usurped by an overreaching government.

5 Ways Obama Has Trampled the Constitution

None of these are high crimes and misdemeanors which are the grounds for impeachment.

Looks like we have to add "high crimes" along side "infrastructure" as a buzz word that one fuck'n libtard used and the rest thought sounded "kewl" and clung to like monkeys to their mamma's in the trees... :lmao:

Asshat, you don't even know what "high crimes" means... :bang3:

Violating the U.S. Constitution is an impeachable offense. Period.

Impeachable offense refers to an offense for which a public official may legally be removed from his/her office. The impeachment of an official depends upon the vote in the U.S. The U.S. Constitution states that the President, Vice President and all civil officers of the U.S. may be removed from office on impeachment if they are found guilty of any treason, bribery, and other high crimes.

In Neb. Legislature ex rel. State v. Hergert, 271 Neb. 976 (Neb. 2006), the court held that three categories of conduct may constitute an impeachable offense by a state officer:

1. An act that violates a statute, constitutional provision, or oath and is related to the officer's duties;

2. A simple neglect of duty committed for a corrupt purpose; or

3. A neglect or disregard of duty that is so gross or flagrant and also the officer's willful and corrupt intent may be inferred.

Impeachable Offense Law & Legal Definition

I have repeatedly been asked by a number of different people if I think that the President of the United States, Barack Obama, has committed any offenses that subject him to being impeached by the Congress of the United States. The answer is without a doubt, yes because he has repeatedly breached his oath of office. The oath of office of the President of the United States is simple and concise. It reads:

"I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Instead of living up to that oath, President Obama has actively attempted to subvert, ignore, and completely destroy large parts of the Constitution. I believe the President of the United States is well aware of what he is doing, and it is completely intentional. Based from my years as a constitutional attorney, listed below are what I believe are impeachable offenses, and the list continues to grow.

1. President Obama has appointed numerous people to cabinet level positions without the advice and consent of the U.S. Senate, as is required by the Constitution. These individuals are given extraordinary power and independent funding, and are not under the scrutiny of Congress. The fact that Obama calls them Czars does not make them legal. He has also made illegal recess appointments of other members of his cabinet that required Senate approval. He simply declared that the U.S. Senate was in recess despite the fact that no such declaration had been made by the Senate. The President has no Constitutional authority to do this.

2. The push by Pres. Obama to pass healthcare legislation in the Congress of the United States that he was fully aware was unconstitutional. He has continued to use his powers and executive branch of government to implement this legislation despite the fact that a federal judge had declared the entire law unconstitutional, and ordered that it not be implemented. In addition, Obama has directed members of his administration to violate the right to freedom of religion protected by the 1st Amendment to the Constitution.

Religious institutions such as churches and schools have been ordered to provide contraceptives and abortion inducing morning after pills to employees as part of the health care bill requirements. The fact that this is a direct violation of their religious teaching is of no concern to Obama.

3. Despite the fact that the United States Senate refused to pass the Cap and Trade bill, the President has ordered the Environmental Protection Agency to use regulations to implement key portions of the bill, including those regulating so-called greenhouse gases. Obama himself has acknowledged that this will force energy prices in this country to skyrocket. He is taking these actions in direct defiance of the will of the people of the United States, the will of Congress, and the Constitution. The actions of the EPA include regulations that will force many coal burning power plants to close.

4. Through the Department of the Interior (DOI) Obama has placed a moratorium on offshore oil drilling or exploration off both the Atlantic and Pacific coasts of the United States and in parts of the Gulf of Mexico. He has also prohibited new drilling exploration on federal land in any states in the United States. These actions by the DOI have continued in direct defiance of several court orders issued by Federal Judge Martin Feldman in New Orleans, Louisiana declaring that the department had no authority to issue such a moratorium on drilling in the Gulf. In fact, the Secretary of the Department of the Interior (DOI) has been held in contempt by the same judge. The administration has claimed to be complying, but has tied up the drilling permits in so much red tape that the effect is the same.

5. Instead of allowing American companies to drill for oil domestically, Obama has betrayed the American people and authorized loans of billions of dollars to countries like Brazil and Mexico so that they can drill for oil, and then sell that oil to the United States. This will dramatically increase our dependence on foreign nations including Venezuela, Brazil, Saudi Arabia, and even Libya that do not serve the interest of America or the American people.

Obama has also refused to approve the keystone pipeline from Canada to the United States that would not only lessen our dependence on oil from countries like Venezuela and Saudi Arabia, but create thousands of new jobs in the United States. The decision on the pipeline is one that belongs in the hands of the members of Congress, not the President.

6. President Obama has abdicated his responsibility to enforce the laws of the United States against illegal immigration. He has virtually declared our southern border an open border by declaring certain areas of federal land in states like Arizona as off-limits to federal, state, and local authorities. This is despite the fact that these areas are being used to bring in thousands of illegal immigrants, massive amounts of drugs, and also being used by foreign terrorists to infiltrate the United States. He has also ordered the border patrol not to arrest most illegal immigrants entering the country, and has stopped deportation proceedings against thousands of people in this country illegally. He is in effect instituting the so-called “dream act” bypassing the Congress of the United States which has sole authority over immigration matters.

7. The President and his Attorney General Eric Holder have clearly violated their oath of office by joining with foreign countries such as Mexico, Bolivia, and Columbia, in lawsuits against the sovereign states of Arizona, Georgia, and Alabama to stop them from enforcing the federal immigration laws.

8. President Obama has ordered the Federal Communications Commission to adopt regulations giving the federal government control of the Internet and its contents, including providing Obama with a kill switch that gives him authority to shut down the Internet if he sees fit. This is in direct violation of a decision by the United States Supreme Court that the FCC has no Constitutional authority to control the Internet.

There were two bills pending in Congress to effectively give Obama the kill switch he wants over the Internet. When these two proposals, the Stop Internet Piracy Act (SOPA) and the Protect Intellectual Property Act (PIPA) were withdrawn amid public outcry Obama announced he will sign an international treaty that purports to give him the same authority. He has signaled his intention to do this as an “Executive Act” and not bring the treaty to the Senate for ratification as required by Article 2, Section 2 of the Constitution. I believe he intends to take the same action in regard to the United Nations Small arms treaty and the UN Law of the Sea treaty that are both unlikely to get Senate approval.

9. One of the paramount responsibilities of the President of the United States and his executive branch of government is to enforce and defend laws adopted by Congress unless they are declared unconstitutional by the United States Supreme Court. Obama has decided that he should ignore this Constitutional mandate, and that as President he is more powerful than either the Congress of the United States or the Supreme Court. He has unilaterally declared that the Defense of Marriage Act passed by the Congress is unconstitutional, and further declared that he will not have the Justice Department defend it against lawsuits.

His administration has also refused to enforce laws against voter intimidation and federal law that requires states to purge their voter registration lists of deceased individuals and those that are registered illegally. In addition, the Justice Department is refusing to allow states to enforce laws requiring proof of identity by voters at the polls. Obama has essentially said that he is the supreme ruler of the United States, and that the Congress and the Federal Judiciary are irrelevant.

10. It has been widely reported that acting through the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms the Obama administration was involved for months in getting legitimate and law-abiding gun store owners along our southern border to supply weapons to straw buyers who the government knew would deliver them to the drug cartels in Mexico. This was billed as a sting operation against the cartels when in fact it was designed to produce fraudulent data showing that large numbers of weapons were going from the United States to the Mexican drug dealers.

This data was then to be used, and is being used, to try to justify new gun control regulations to limit the rights of American citizens to keep and bear arms. It has nothing to do with arresting members of the drug operations. The administration has, in effect, armed our enemies, and one border patrol agent has already been killed by one of these weapons. Now, Obama continues to impose gun control laws by Executive order so he will not have to deal with Congress. The administration is also refusing to cooperate with the committees in the House of Representatives that are investigating the entire operation. It is even defying Congressional subpoenas.

11. The President of the United States is not authorized by the Constitution to take our nation to war without the consent of the Congress of the United States. The only exception to this is the authority granted to the President by Congress under the War Powers Act. This law allows the President to take immediate action without the consent of Congress if there is an imminent threat to the security of the United States, or its citizens. Although there was clearly no such imminent threat caused by the Civil War in Libya, the President committed members of the United States military to combat missions in a foreign country without the consent of Congress. He based his authority on a United Nations resolution, and a resolution by the Arab League.

Now, the President has carried it one step further. During testimony before the Senate Armed Services Committee on March 7, 2012, Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta told Senators that the President has authority to take our country to war without the Congressional approval required by Article 1, Section 8, of the Constitution. The administration is taking the position that it can ignore Congress as long as it has United Nations approval or NATO approval.

However, these actions may be the least of the worries facing the American people. The White House insisted that language be included in the recently passed National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) that gives the President sole authority to order the military to arrest and indefinite detain American citizens on U.S. soil if the President suspects them of terrorist ties. This was amazingly passed overwhelmingly by Congress. It appears to be another situation where few members read the bill before voting on it.

This was almost immediately followed by another unconstitutional executive order titled the National Defense Resources Preparation order. It is similar to orders signed by past Presidents, but this one includes language that appears to give Obama the authority to declare martial law in peacetime, and take over the allocation of everything from food and fuel to transportation and health care. This violates the Constitution in a number of different ways.

12. Last but not the least of my dirty dozen of impeachable offenses, is the fact that since taking office the President has used executive orders, laws pushed through Congress in the dark of night, and administrative actions by his departments to nationalize and control automobile manufacturers, banks, insurance companies, and portions of the healthcare industry. This is designed to take our country from a free enterprise economy to a socialist economy. There is absolutely no authority in the Constitution of the United States that allows the President to do this.

Article II, Section 4 of the Constitution provides as follows:

“The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors."

I contend that among those high crimes and misdemeanors is the intentional violation of the oath of office administered to the President and all other federal officials. In fact, federal law at 5 U.S.C. 7311 specifically provides that violation of the oath of office includes advocating the overthrowing of our constitutional form of government. This is specifically declared a criminal offense in 18 U.S.C. 1918 and is punishable by both a fine and imprisonment.

UPDATE: 'Obama's Impeachable Offenses' by Michael Connelly, J.D. | RedFlagNews.com

Forum List

Back