It's Happening Again - Homes Lost - Some Rent Control Needed

"YOUR thinking isn't very clear". The abbreviation "ex." means EXAMPLES. So no need for your use of the word "only". Get it ? :rolleyes:

I don't know it is with you and $1 a gallon, but I'm not interested in that goofball notion.

It is not economics. YOU are converting it into economics. It is a social issue of irresponsible immigration activity by Joe Biden, and a severe hardship issue for millions of Americans, which you appear to support.

"YOUR thinking isn't very clear". The abbreviation "ex." means EXAMPLES. So no need for your use of the word "only". Get it ? :rolleyes:

Are the only things that benefit the American people "police, FEMA, ICE, border patrol"?

The word "Are" and the "?" means I was asking you a question.
Would the American people benefit from $1 gas or not? Get it?

I don't know it is with you and $1 a gallon, but I'm not interested in that goofball notion.

It does pretty clearly show the fault in your "reasoning", not to mention your weak knowledge of economics. You never said, did you stop teaching it because they realized you were unqualified?

It is not economics. YOU are converting it into economics.

When the government sets prices, it is economics.
You just won't admit (can't understand?) what price controls do to supply and demand.

Are the only things that benefit the American people "police, FEMA, ICE, border patrol"?

The word "Are" and the "?" means I was asking you a question.
Would the American people benefit from $1 gas or not? Get it?

It does pretty clearly show the fault in your "reasoning", not to mention your weak knowledge of economics. You never said, did you stop teaching it because they realized you were unqualified?

You just won't admit (can't understand?) what price controls do to supply and demand.
yeah, and it was a ridiculous question. Are you having reading comprehension problems ? "You seem to have a problem correlating posts and replies/ The post >> "When it benefits the American people, me included (ex. police, FEMA, ICE, border patrol), I support it. So ?"

Your posts are so muddled, and off topic, and gooney, that I just wish you would go away, and post your mudpuddles somewhere else. You haven't said anything that interests me I'm talking about a human suffering crisis, and you keep babbling about economics, which I dont give a damn about in this scenario.

And I'm not at all impressed with your (lack of) knowledge of economics. You fell on your face, on the bell-shaped curve of prices and business income. Didn't have a clue what I was talking about. I reckon you still don't.

NO. When the government sets prices to keep people housed, it is a social act, NOT economic.

AGAIN for the 50th time. I'm not talking about supply and demand, and I don't give a rat's ass about it. This thread is NOT about supply & demand. Go post your supply & demand jibberish somewhere else.

Why don't you you post a supply/price curve and a demand/price curve.

Which economics textbooks used a bell curve? LOL!
You dont understand it. Why do you think a business owner has 10 employees (rather than 8 or 9) ? Because he's a philanthropist, and want to help people out ?

Supply curve and demand curve, not bell curve.
Wrong, economics student. The bell curve is the correct answer. The number of employees is determined by that number which makes the firm the most money.

Too few workers > too few sales$$
Too many workers > too much cost.

The correct number is at the top of the bell.

Supply & demand is a different matter.

Your grade on this >> F.

Oh, isn't this nice ? > NOW, almost 2022, with zero affordable housing left anywhere, and the Tampa eggheads are finally talking about enacting rent control here.
Too late, do-nothings. The time to act on this was 2 years ago. Damage is already done now.

Closing barn door after horse has already ran off.

Wrong, economics student. The bell curve is the correct answer. The number of employees is determined by that number which makes the firm the most money.

Too few workers > too few sales$$
Too many workers > too much cost.

The correct number is at the top of the bell.

Supply & demand is a different matter.

Your grade on this >> F.

The number of employees is determined by that number which makes the firm the most money.

You increase the number of employees, you increase the cost of your product.
Increased cost, decreased demand.

Oh, isn't this nice ? > NOW, almost 2022, with zero affordable housing left anywhere, and the Tampa eggheads are finally talking about enacting rent control here.
Too late, do-nothings. The time to act on this was 2 years ago. Damage is already done now.

Closing barn door after horse has already ran off.

Former St. Petersburg mayoral candidate and outgoing City Council member Robert Blackmon was the only vote against that city’s proposal. He said rent controls would hurt developers and encourage builders to look elsewhere for new home and apartment sites.

Wait.....controlling the price of something may reduce the supply? That's crazy.
Just ask any liberal economics teacher.

Organize a union of renters. Get some rent control going.

Capitalism can suck. People were willing to pay more rent than you so they got the apartment.
The free market offers no good solutions to this.

Rising prices are the spur that increases building which keeps prices lower. Without one, you cannot have the other.

However, that dynamic ignores the fact that renters generally are lower income and may not be able to afford the changes.

I think a better solution is an income base rent supplement. Not section 8 housing but the ability to live anywhere with pricing limits. The consumer pays rent to the housing authority and the authority pays the market price rent directly to the landlord.

This would both help increase expansion of the housing market while allowing people to live in decent housing without going broke.

Low end housing, slums, would eventually disappear as demand for these rat traps would essentially evaporate.

Forum List

Back