It's Happening Again - Homes Lost - Some Rent Control Needed

The discussion just highlights how useless the "left/right", "liberal/conservative" labels are. The op is a thoroughgoing reactionary statist - the polar opposite of a free market libertarian. Yet both camps are classified as "conservative".
No "market' has any right to subvert the well-being and health of the American people.
And ONE issue does not make someone a "statist" Mr Exaggeration. There are other issues in which I oppose the state having excess power (e. vaccine mandates, PIP car insurance, Obamacare mandate, requirement for kids to attend schools that are leftist indoctrination factories, etc)

And "free market libertarian" is not conservative - it allows for massive globalist (communist) outsourcing to China, rather than CONSERVing US business and industry.

"It's different when we do it!"
Got no idea what you're blabbering about, but go ahead, if it makes you feel better. Hey there's a full moon out tonight. There you go!

1640060387264.png

No "market' has any right to ...
The "market" has no rights. Property owners, however, do.
And ONE issue does not make someone a "statist" Mr Exaggeration.
Agreed. But we've I've been round this ground with you over and over. You're straight up jackboot, and generally always cheering for heavy handed government.
And "free market libertarian" is not conservative
I agree. But it depends on who you ask. When we constrain ourselves to the left right nonsense, libertarians usually get lumped in with the right.

Agreed. But we've I've been round this ground with you over and over. You're straight up jackboot, and generally always cheering for heavy handed government.
I don't know where you get that idea. Of 45,000 posts I've posted in this forum for 8 years, RARELY have I ever cheered for heavy handed government. In fact, the only case I ever remember doing that with, is with rioters and illegal alien invaders. Can't recall any other heavy handed govt I've supported.

In fact, the only case I ever remember doing that with, is with rioters and illegal alien invaders.
And rent control. And protectionist (duh) trade policies. Etc

In short, you oppose big government. Except when you don't. Except when it benefits you.

And rent control. And protectionist (duh) trade policies. Etc

In short, you oppose big government. Except when you don't. Except when it benefits you.
You claim that stopping disgusting, thieving, scum who rent small apartments for 2-$5000/month, after having charged $600/mo to low-income elderly folks for those apartments, and forcing them out of their homes, with nowhere to go, is heavy handed government ? Are you insane ? Or just incredibly dumb ?

NO. I oppose big government in just about everything that Biden is doing, none of which benefits me. You are just trying to demonize me, and doing a really bad job of it.

You claim that stopping disgusting, thieving, scum who rent small apartments for 2-$5000/month, after having charged $600/mo to low-income elderly folks for those apartments, and forcing them out of their homes, with nowhere to go, is heavy handed government ?
Yep.
Are you insane ? Or just incredibly dumb ?
Nope. I'm just not a hypocrite.
NO. I oppose big government in just about everything that Biden is doing, none of which benefits me.
Exactly. You only oppose big government when it doesn't benefit you. When it does, you're all in.

Yep.

Nope. I'm just not a hypocrite.

Exactly. You only oppose big government when it doesn't benefit you. When it does, you're all in.
Yes you're insane, and you don't know it. Either that or you have the mores of a wild dog.

I already answered your idiotic comment accusing me of hypocrisy You got refuted once . Now you're refuted twice.

As for big government, when it harms me (and everyone else), I oppose it. When it benefits the American people, me included (ex. police, FEMA, ICE, border patrol), I support it. So ?

I have no particular characterization of big government, as you seem to. It can be good. It can be bad, all depending on who's running it and how. Right now, with the landlord tyranny, and oppression of renters, it is severely negligent. DUH!

Nope, I'm just saying you're hypocritical. And I don't think it's because you're demonic. You're just self-centered and kinda dumb.
You are just trying to demonize (villianize) me, and doing a really bad job of it.

As for self-centered, the problem I am discussing is a vicious attack on MILLIONS of people in Florida and elsewhere. YOU are who is "kinda dumb", or just playing that role,

If you, or the other strange critics in this thread were actually living through the experience of being forced out of your home (2nd time in 2.5 years for me), while unprepared to move (and why should we?), as so many people are, you would probably see this exactly as we do.

1) View attachment 578202

2) View attachment 578204

Sorry, I'm getting a ride to go to an important meeting in 15 minutes. Cannot educate you any longer right now. You're on your own. :cool:

When it benefits the American people, me included (ex. police, FEMA, ICE, border patrol), I support it. So ?

Cheap gasoline doesn't benefit the America people, including you?

1640108495688.png

Police, FEMA, ICE and Border Patrol are on topic when it comes to rent control?

Sorry, I'm getting a ride to go to an important meeting in 15 minutes.

Oh, you don't own a car.....you wouldn't benefit from cheap gas. I understand.

Cannot educate you any longer right now.

Darn, I'll have to learn about supply and demand from someone less confused than you.
So pretty much anyone else. LOL!

As for big government, when it harms me (and everyone else), I oppose it. When it benefits the American people, me included (ex. police, FEMA, ICE, border patrol), I support it. So ?
That's not what I'm seeing. When it benefits you, at the expense of others, you're all for government intervention. When the tables turn, so do you.

When it benefits the American people, me included (ex. police, FEMA, ICE, border patrol), I support it. So ?

Cheap gasoline doesn't benefit the America people, including you?

View attachment 578211

Police, FEMA, ICE and Border Patrol are on topic when it comes to rent control?

Sorry, I'm getting a ride to go to an important meeting in 15 minutes.

Oh, you don't own a car.....you wouldn't benefit from cheap gas. I understand.

Cannot educate you any longer right now.

Darn, I'll have to learn about supply and demand from someone less confused than you.
So pretty much anyone else. LOL!
You seem to have a problem correlating posts and replies/ The post >> "When it benefits the American people, me included (ex. police, FEMA, ICE, border patrol), I support it. So ? ..was in reply to dblack's post # 709, not anything about cheap gasoline.

Police, FEMA, ICE and Border Patrol are on topic when it comes to dblack's post # 711, which it was in reply to.

I'll benefit from cheap gas, when I buy a car again in a couple of months, but again, cheap gas isn't the topic.

I'm not at all confused about supply and demand. YOU are the one who is confused as indicated by you constantly talking about it, when it is not the topic, and the rent crisis in Tampa is not a supply/demand issue. It is an issue of government neglect of the people of Florida. (and the whole US I reckon, since Biden's airlift-dumps are happening all over).

Maybe you could find a thread pertaining to supply & demand - would be a better fit for you.

That's not what I'm seeing. When it benefits you, at the expense of others, you're all for government intervention. When the tables turn, so do you.
You're "seeing" wrong. Clean your glasses.

Oh, so you're not seeing that I support the government > police ICE, FEMA, the Border Patrol ? I wonder why you wouldn't see that ? And you're not seeing that I don't support Biden's big government policies ? I wonder why you wouldn't see that. And you're not seeing that all this is perfectly normal, and has nothing to do with any turning tables ?

You're just a stupid, little boy jerk, that's all, whose playing gotcha here, and falling on your face through it. And you're one of those guys who even after you've been corrected twice, you still come back trying to make the same nitwit "point". Waste of time talking to you.

"When it benefits the American people, me included (ex. police, FEMA, ICE, border patrol), I support it. So ? ..was in reply to dblack's post # 709, not anything about cheap gasoline.

Are the only things that benefit the American people "police, FEMA, ICE, border patrol"?
Have you had a stroke? Your thinking isn't very clear.

I'll benefit from cheap gas, when I buy a car again in a couple of months,

In a few months, if you buy a car, should the government set the price of gasoline at $1 a gallon?

I'm not at all confused about supply and demand. YOU are the one who is confused as indicated by you constantly talking about it, when it is not the topic, and the rent crisis in Tampa is not a supply/demand issue.

You didn't previously claim too many foreigners came in and outbid you?
Sounds like a demand issue.
Admit it, you didn't teach economics, you taught home economics.

Are the only things that benefit the American people "police, FEMA, ICE, border patrol"?
Have you had a stroke? Your thinking isn't very clear.

I'll benefit from cheap gas, when I buy a car again in a couple of months,

In a few months, if you buy a car, should the government set the price of gasoline at $1 a gallon?

I'm not at all confused about supply and demand. YOU are the one who is confused as indicated by you constantly talking about it, when it is not the topic, and the rent crisis in Tampa is not a supply/demand issue.

You didn't previously claim too many foreigners came in and outbid you?
Sounds like a demand issue.
Admit it, you didn't teach economics, you taught home economics.
"YOUR thinking isn't very clear". The abbreviation "ex." means EXAMPLES. So no need for your use of the word "only". Get it ? :rolleyes:

I don't know it is with you and $1 a gallon, but I'm not interested in that goofball notion.

It is not economics. YOU are converting it into economics. It is a social issue of irresponsible immigration activity by Joe Biden, and a severe hardship issue for millions of Americans, which you appear to support.

Forum List

Back