It's Happening Again - Homes Lost - Some Rent Control Needed

Former St. Petersburg mayoral candidate and outgoing City Council member Robert Blackmon was the only vote against that city’s proposal. He said rent controls would hurt developers and encourage builders to look elsewhere for new home and apartment sites.

Wait.....controlling the price of something may reduce the supply? That's crazy.
Just ask any liberal economics teacher.
Better yet, ask a far-right conservative ex-economics teacher. That would be me.

Your answer is that nobody at reducing the price of anything. The "price" of housing is what it was before the lunacy of raising prices 50-100+% took over.
So if a 1 bdrm apt was $550/month VERY RECENTLY, and then lunatic landlords raised it 110%, to $1,150/mo, the actual price is $550/mo. So, if the price (rent) is restored to $550/mo.. that is no change in rent, and no reason for supply to be reduced.

If the landlord has some real reason to raise price, to account for some increased cost, it should be OK for a maximum increase of 10% (Not ONE HUNDRED & 10%). This is how it has always been, and should continue to be. Landlords and tenants have been OK with this all along, for decades. No need for any change.

Liberals are really, really bad at economics.
Like the liberals who are supporting Biden's migrant, airlift dumping, and the resulting overpopulation > rent gouging ? Yeah, they are lousy at economics, and even worse at the topic of this thread > housing sociology.

The number of employees is determined by that number which makes the firm the most money.

You increase the number of employees, you increase the cost of your product.
Increased cost, decreased demand.
Which is why you DON'T increase the number of employees (unless it will result in increased sale$, economically)

So if a 1 bdrm apt was $550/month VERY RECENTLY, and then lunatic landlords raised it 110%, to $1,150/mo, the actual price is $550/mo. So, if the price (rent) is restored to $550/mo.. that is no change in rent, and no reason for supply to be reduced.

If rent is limited to $550/month, some new development won't occur.
That's reducing new supply.

Interest rates will soon go up.........I'd advise hurrying the hell up finding your own place.

If rent is limited to $550/month, some new development won't occur.
That's reducing new supply.
FALSE! There is no reason for new development to not occur. It occured when rent was $550/mo, $500/mo, $450/mo, $400/mo. No reason to think that would change one iota.

Interest rates will soon go up.........I'd advise hurrying the hell up finding your own place.
I already found it. Nice apartment at less rent than I would have paid where I was. Restricted income building still under construction - will be finished this week. Has many amenities. Rent increases are limited by reason of restricted income status. I got lucky.

This is what republicanism leads to. Poor people with no place to.go.

Maybe you could hold a protest? Oh wait, you hate protestors and think they should be run over.

Shoulda voted Democrat.
You fucking idiot it's the transplants who are democrats that are causing this mess..

They fuck up a blue state then run to a redstate and fuck that state up alsio

You fucking idiot it's the transplants who are democrats that are causing this mess..

They fuck up a blue state then run to a redstate and fuck that state up alsio
That, plus the Biden migrant-airlift-dumping, combined with anti-rent control law.

This is what republicanism leads to. Poor people with no place to.go.

Maybe you could hold a protest? Oh wait, you hate protestors and think they should be run over.

Shoulda voted Democrat.
Most Democrat states have state laws banning rent control. Yeah, big help voting Democrat is.

FALSE! There is no reason for new development to not occur. It occured when rent was $550/mo, $500/mo, $450/mo, $400/mo. No reason to think that would change one iota.

There is no reason for new development to not occur.

You don't think less development will occur at $550 than at $1150?

No reason to think that would change one iota.

You must have been the worst econ teacher in history.

1641707648997.png

LOL!

There is no reason for new development to not occur.

You don't think less development will occur at $550 than at $1150?

You must have been the worst econ teacher in history.
Nope. Nope.

Forum List

Back