it begins....pastor says romney is not a christian

You called me out. I didnt go looking for you running your lips.

Now post up asshole. I am libertarian.

Then you are the flip side of a communist, one in "a society of equals" who will dominate the many instead of a soviet who will dominate the many.

Don't like being called out, do you? Most libertarians and communists don't, for sure.

You are all over the map. I guess Gibberish becomes a constant when you cant even make an argument. I have asked you repeatedly to spell out something remotely coherent.
If you ever come to your senses you might wish to look up the term liberty. Because you havent a fucking clue.

Make your argument for libertarianism then, if you dare. I suspect you don't know what it is, and are in fact a hard conservative but not a liber.

Last edited:
You're the one who said the majority of Catholics didn't vote for Kennedy. If you know this, it would seem you would be able to share the method by which this was determind, which you clearly can't.

I said about half didn't. I think I read that somewhere once. I know that half the Catholic vote didn't go for John Kerry, even though he was Catholic. So my point was that Catholics, unlike LDS, don't walk in lock step like zombies.

A little more research, Kennedy did get 80% of the Catholic vote, but that wasn't really that impressive, given that was what Adlai Stevenson got. Catholics were a steady Democratic constituency until Reagan started peeling them off.

Sounds like you've described LDS perfectly here. It's not a mainstream religion. Mainstream religions don't make up their own bibles.

I said about half didn't. I think I read that somewhere once.

Now THAT's a reputable source! :lmao:

Mainstream religions don't make up their own bibles

Islam made up its own bible.

Damn you are quirky!

Actually, so did the Catholic church in the form of the KJV Bible. Lots of it is heavily edited, with many books not being included.

I said about half didn't. I think I read that somewhere once. I know that half the Catholic vote didn't go for John Kerry, even though he was Catholic. So my point was that Catholics, unlike LDS, don't walk in lock step like zombies.

A little more research, Kennedy did get 80% of the Catholic vote, but that wasn't really that impressive, given that was what Adlai Stevenson got. Catholics were a steady Democratic constituency until Reagan started peeling them off.

Sounds like you've described LDS perfectly here. It's not a mainstream religion. Mainstream religions don't make up their own bibles.

Damn you are quirky!

Actually, so did the Catholic church in the form of the KJV Bible. Lots of it is heavily edited, with many books not being included.

You are correct. EVERY religion either writes or chooses its on bible.

Damn you are quirky!

Technical point: I would be very surprised to learn that the Catholic church used the KJV. It didn't when I was growing up.

The KJV was translated by/for the Church of England.

Damn you are quirky!

Technical point: I would be very surprised to learn that the Catholic church used the KJV. It didn't when I was growing up.

The KJV was translated by/for the Church of England.

Catholic Bible - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It seems non Catholics have a little problem with the Pentateuch. Apparently non Catholics have little a problem with the book of Judith which is part of the Pentateuch. I guess women cutting off the heads of men didn't appeal to them. Or something.

Last edited:

The KJV bible was written for the Church of England, not the Catholic Church. The Catholic Church uses a different translation.

The major difference, the Catholic Version has seven books the Protestant one doesn't have.

But there is a difference between "choosing' and "making up" a bible. When the Christian bible was being molded into its final form, they picked books that chronicled the event that had happened in the past. There was not an intent to commit fraud. The Canonical gospels were kept, the Gnostic Gospels were rejected. :eusa_angel:

That is quite different from what Joseph Smith did. He just made shit up. Shit that we know know isn't true. :evil: And he did it for the express purposes of cheating less smart people out of their money and sleeping with their teenage daughters.

Which makes him kind of contemtable.

The KJV bible was written for the Church of England, not the Catholic Church. The Catholic Church uses a different translation.

The major difference, the Catholic Version has seven books the Protestant one doesn't have.

But there is a difference between "choosing' and "making up" a bible. When the Christian bible was being molded into its final form, they picked books that chronicled the event that had happened in the past. There was not an intent to commit fraud. The Canonical gospels were kept, the Gnostic Gospels were rejected. :eusa_angel:

That is quite different from what Joseph Smith did. He just made shit up. Shit that we know know isn't true. :evil: And he did it for the express purposes of cheating less smart people out of their money and sleeping with their teenage daughters.

Where did I say the KJV is the Catholic Bible? And choosing a bible is no different than making one up. It's just quicker.

Where did I say the KJV is the Catholic Bible? And choosing a bible is no different than making one up. It's just quicker.

The person you responded to did.. and you agreed with him initially, until corrected.

No, there is a MAJOR difference between the two.

When they included, let us say, the Gospel of Mark or the Episitle of Paul to the Romans in the Bible, as far as they knew, those were legitimate documents. There really was a Paul of Tarsus, he really did write letters to churches clarifying points in the myriad of local beliefs that early Christians had. Mark was a little dicier, because it is clear the person who wrote it had never been to Judea, but it was probably an adaptation of an earlier work known as the Q-document. (Matthew, Mark and Luke all drew from this earlier, lost gospel.) These documents were written within a century of Jesus' life, and as far as the people picking them knew, they were true.

On the other hand, unless you actually are one of the deluded fools who actually believes what Smith claimed, (that would be you, Mitt Romney) the Book of Mormon was made up out of pure bullshit.

You see, it was a very popular belief that Hebrews had come to America before Columbus in the early 19th century. People back in them oldy days didn't believe that the Native Americans could have built the Mounds that were being dug up. So they put forth theories they were Hebrews, Phonecians or Vikings.

So Smith was basing his BS on that. He wrote elephants and horses into the text because they were finding fossils of those as well (but we later discovered they were a lot older than the time period claimed.)

It's the difference between a good faith error and a malicious lie. Why are you unable to see the difference?

What a dumbed-down nation we've become. I blame our MSM propaganda machine. Worrying about Pastors and who mowes Mitt Romney's lawn? My God,we're about to experience another horrific World-Wide Economic Meltdown and this is what Americans worry about? May God help us.

What a dumbed-down nation we've become. I blame our MSM propaganda machine. Worrying about Pastors and who mowes Mitt Romney's lawn? My God,we're about to experience another horrific World-Wide Economic Meltdown and this is what Americans worry about? May God help us.

So what do you suggest we do to avoid this disaster that you guys have been predicting for the last two years?

So what do you suggest we do to avoid this disaster that you guys have been predicting for the last two years?

It's a long to-do list. Much too long to post here. But worrying about silly Pastors and who mowes Mitt Romney's lawn are things no American should be worrying about. Another horrific Economic Crash is coming. Americans better start worrying about things that actually matter.

It's a long to-do list. Much too long to post here. But worrying about silly Pastors and who mowes Mitt Romney's lawn are things no American should be worrying about. Another horrific Economic Crash is coming. Americans better start worrying about things that actually matter.

You're right, but the Christian conservatives are very worried about a non Christian becoming president, as well as are very concerned about illegal immigration.

Interestingly enough, those attacks on Romney were started by other GOP candidates at the debate.

Mormons believe in the same God that I do, they did not fly airplanes into the World trade center, they believe that Jesus died for their sins and that Jesus is the way to heaven. That's Christian enough for me. Romney will have my vote.

In fact, I would vote for the Jewish person who beleives that Jesus was not the son of God, as the God I know would never send a person to hell because they were raised in a religion, that has made some errors. God does not expect perfection from an non-perfect people.

It is not religion that gets you to God, it is FAITH in God that does.

Yes and Mitt Romney is the only candidate that has the resume and the qualifications to bring us out of this Obama disaster.

sunshine never posted this-meister

Mormons believe in the same God that I do, they did not fly airplanes into the World trade center, they believe that Jesus died for their sins and that Jesus is the way to heaven. That's Christian enough for me. Romney will have my vote.

In fact, I would vote for the Jewish person who beleives that Jesus was not the son of God, as the God I know would never send a person to hell because they were raised in a religion, that has made some errors. God does not expect perfection from an non-perfect people.

You mean, faith in the right God, which would be HaShem.

You mean, faith in the right God, which would be HaShem.

You need to work on that post and the quote feature. Somehow you bastardized it and made it look like I said something I didn't say. I don't know who said it but it wasn't me. You aren't supposed to change posts to look like people said something they didn't say.

Last edited:

guy, there is no God. there never was a God.

What offends me about Mormonism isn't the superstition and ignorance and fear, which is what most religions are about. It's the outright malicious fraud that is involved in the whole endevour.

Last edited:
guy, there is no God. there never was a God.

What offends me about Mormonism isn't the superstition and ignorance and fear, which is what most religions are about. It's the outright malicious fraud that is involved in the whole endevour.

I did not make that post and I would really appreciate it if the person who messed up the quote feature to make it look like I did would fix it. Or if moderation would just remove it as it violates a rule.

Last edited:
Then you are the flip side of a communist, one in "a society of equals" who will dominate the many instead of a soviet who will dominate the many.

Don't like being called out, do you? Most libertarians and communists don't, for sure.

You are all over the map. I guess Gibberish becomes a constant when you cant even make an argument. I have asked you repeatedly to spell out something remotely coherent.
If you ever come to your senses you might wish to look up the term liberty. Because you havent a fucking clue.

Make your argument for libertarianism then, if you dare. I suspect you don't know what it is, and are in fact a hard conservative but not a liber.

I have been waiting since yesterday for full-auto to begin the discussion with a posting of libertarian principles aimed to specifically correct the problems he does not like.

He has not done so, and I suspect he will back out.

Forum List

Back