Big Bump in the Road for Vivek Ramaswamy. He is a Hindu!!

Vivek Ramaswamy is young, bright, successful and dynamic. He is closing in on Desantis and unlike Trump, he could be electable in the general election. He could well be the salvation of the Republican Party. However, once again, a segment of the party sees the need to put ideology over the good of the nation and the party.

Vivek Ramaswamy’s Religion Under Attack From Christian Nationalists – Rolling Stone

Selected excerpts:

Ramaswamy is (also) a practicing Hindu, and though he has been campaigning as an anti-abortion religious conservative, his non-Christian faith is a major stumbling block for many in the GOP’s evangelical base. He’s been on a charm offensive with these evangelical audiences, but the outreach appears to be backfiring, at least among the Christian nationalist set.

Hank Kunneman is a pro-Trump pastor, self-styled “prophet,” and election denier who recently challenged anyone who believes that Biden won in 2020 should “reexamine your theology.”
Kunneman devoted much of his sermon at the Lord of Hosts Church in Omaha, Nebraska, last Sunday to blasting the GOP’s flirtation with Ramaswamy as an insult to heaven.

Good grief! Really . He is an insult to both the concept of rational thought and the founding principles of the constitution. He goes on to say:

As he preached, Kunneman grew exasperated and unguarded in his slights of the Hindu faith. “What are we doing?!” he asked. “You’re gonna have some dude put his hand on something other than the Bible? You’re going to let him put all of his strange gods up in the White House?”

I got news for you Dude. He would not be the first president to not swear on the bible. Neither Teddy Roosevelt or John Quincy Adams used a bible. Adams swore on a law book to symbolize the constitution. And what is that about strange gods in the White House? There are no gods in the White House

Ramaswamy replied:

Ramaswamy’s appearance on the Flashpoint show was typically crisp and articulate. Asked to explain his religious outlook by the host, pastor Gene Bailey, Ramaswamy declared that the United States was “founded on Judeo Christian values,” and insisted that, though he is a Hindu, “I share that same value-set in common.” The candidate insisted, “I’m not running for ‘pastor in chief,’” but also cast himself as part of right-wing America’s faithful in-group — and an eager culture warrior.
But all of that is clearly not enough. I will add that this does not bode well for any non Christian Candidate in this country. The forces of Christian Nationalism and Theocracy are alive and well at the expense of the health of our country. Read the rest of the piece. It is very disturbing

Vivek Ramaswamy is young, bright, successful and dynamic. He is closing in on Desantis and unlike Trump, he could be electable in the general election. He could well be the salvation of the Republican Party. However, once again, a segment of the party sees the need to put ideology over the good of the nation and the party.

Vivek Ramaswamy’s Religion Under Attack From Christian Nationalists – Rolling Stone

Selected excerpts:

Good grief! Really . He is an insult to both the concept of rational thought and the founding principles of the constitution. He goes on to say:

I got news for you Dude. He would not be the first president to not swear on the bible. Neither Teddy Roosevelt or John Quincy Adams used a bible. Adams swore on a law book to symbolize the constitution. And what is that about strange gods in the White House? There are no gods in the White House

Ramaswamy replied:

But all of that is clearly not enough. I will add that this does not bode well for any non Christian Candidate in this country. The forces of Christian Nationalism and Theocracy are alive and well at the expense of the health of our country. Read the rest of the piece. It is very disturbing
Same as it ever was~

Selected excerpts:

Ramaswamy replied:

He may as well be an atheist, because his agreement with the xians is not correct, either.

Seidel, The Founding Myth: Why Christian Nationalism is Un-American.

If he was a good candidate, Id vote for him in a heartbeat.But like eveything, something different often takes time.

Selected excerpts:

Ramaswamy replied:

Rolling Stone should stick to campus rape.

Did you just find out that he is Hindu? Aside from being Hindu Ramaswamy is unelectable. Americans will not elect a bottom feeding curry muncher who looks like he just walked out of a scam call center.

Honestly, i dont know anything about this guy... but right off the top, dont go off someones looks.
People dont like Trump for those same reasons.... the way he talks , th eway he looks etc... we all need to take a step back and be more adult about it, BUT having said that, i dont know much about his policy

Did you just find out that he is Hindu? Aside from being Hindu Ramaswamy is unelectable. Americans will not elect a bottom feeding curry muncher who looks like he just walked out of a scam call center.
Americans will not elect a bottom feeding curry muncher who looks like he just walked out of a scam call center? They already elected a cheesburger munching bottom feeder who scamed a whole country and is still trying

Whats wrong with this? I dont see anything wrong at all

"Maybe you would classify me as a nationalist," he said. "I think it's a label I'm willing to wear. I don't think that that has to be a bad word. As long as it's a nationalism built around the ideals that set a nation into motion, that can actually unite us as a country."

I would not count on it. Bigotry born of fear and ignorance has deep roots in the Republican Party
IRONY.gif

Forum List

Back