Is there anyone else besides me who now feels uncomfortable in the company of Democrats?

Lisa558

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2021
My problem is that Iā€™m both a nice person and sometimes (often) too sensitive for my own good. Because of the first, leftists who have been convinced Trump voters are awful people assume I did not vote for him, and because of the second, I am insulted and angry when they start their demeaning remarks about Trump voters In front of me, or even directed at me (not knowing).

And as Biden has ramped up his attack on Republicans, leading poorly informed people to believe that all Trump voters are threats to democracy, traitors to the nation, white supremacists, and so forth, the freely expressed contempt has ramped up as well. It was particularly bad at a dinner I attended last night.

How do my fellow Trump supporters handle this? If you are in a group meeting, and they start with the nasty remarks, are you continuing to hit back, attempt to educate them, or what? This has been going on for five years, and I hate that any get-together with Democrats becomes a battle as they never fail to bring up Trump voters, and not in a nice way.

I am curious as to how you all handle this, especially since itā€™s gotten much worse since Biden made it clear he considers Trump voters the enemies of the country.

My problem is that Iā€™m both a nice person and sometimes (often) too sensitive for my own good. Because of the first, leftists who have been convinced Trump voters are awful people assume I did not vote for him, and because of the second, I am insulted and hurt when they start their demeaning remarks about Trump voters In front of me, or even directed at me (not knowing).

And as Biden has ramped up his attack on Republicans, leading poorly informed people to believe that all Trump voters are threats to democracy, traitors to the nation, white supremacists, and so forth, the freely expressed contempt has ramped up as well.

How do my fellow Trump supporters handle this? If you are in a group meeting, and they start with the nasty remarks, are you continuing to hit back, attempt to educate them, or what? This has been going on for five years, and I hate that any get-together with Democrats becomes a battle as they never fail to bring up Trump voters, and not in a nice way.

I am curious as to how you all handle this, especially since itā€™s gotten much worse since Biden made it clear he considers Trump voters the enemies of the country.
Uh huh. And the myriad of your posts that degrade and demean not only people on the left, but people of color and other people you find offensive should lead us to believe you're a "nice" person?
The reason people would demean Trump voters in front of you is because we have visual examples of the absolute whack-a-doodle fest that they bring. And their steadfast belief that everything that descends from
his lips is gospel. January 6th being at the forefront. The guy was a reality TV game show host before he "became" a Republican and then promptly tried to destroy this country...all with your help and support.

Is it really a surprise when people hit back at your beliefs?
And what most of us are really wondering is...what makes this man special? Why do you show him the level of devotion you do?

I know the answer after talking to dozens of Trump supporters over the last seven years.
Are you genuine enough to admit the truth?

Uh huh. And the myriad of your posts that degrade and demean not only people on the left, but people of color and other people you find offensive should lead us to believe you're a "nice" person?
The reason people would demean Trump voters in front of you is because we have visual examples of the absolute whack-a-doodle fest that they bring. And their steadfast belief that everything that descends from
his lips is gospel. January 6th being at the forefront. The guy was a reality TV game show host before he "became" a Republican and then promptly tried to destroy this country...all with your help and support.

Is it really a surprise when people hit back at your beliefs?
And what most of us are really wondering is...what makes this man special? Why do you show him the level of devotion you do?

I know the answer after talking to dozens of Trump supporters over the last seven years.
Are you genuine enough to admit the truth?
I asked for only Republicans to respond, since your nasty post is all too predictable - and ironically illustrative of the issue from Democrats.

I asked for only Republicans to respond, since your nasty post is all too predictable - and ironically illustrative of the issue from Democrats.
You asked for that while I was crafting my response and I didn't click on the hyperlink that exposes the posts that are made while you're typing yours.

Deal with it. Answer the questions I posed.
Make me believe that you ARE a nice person and that you can still be reasoned with.

My problem is that Iā€™m both a nice person and sometimes (often) too sensitive for my own good. Because of the first, leftists who have been convinced Trump voters are awful people assume I did not vote for him, and because of the second, I am insulted and angry when they start their demeaning remarks about Trump voters In front of me, or even directed at me (not knowing).

And as Biden has ramped up his attack on Republicans, leading poorly informed people to believe that all Trump voters are threats to democracy, traitors to the nation, white supremacists, and so forth, the freely expressed contempt has ramped up as well. It was particularly bad at a dinner I attended last night.

For 6 years Trump and his followers like you have attacked and demonized everyone that did not view Trump as you all do, and now you are going to whine about getting what you gave?

The lack of self-awareness among the hyper-partisan is just shocking some days

You asked for that while I was crafting my response and I didn't click on the hyperlink that exposes the posts that are made while you're typing yours.

Deal with it. Answer the questions I posed.
Make me believe that you ARE a nice person and that you can still be reasoned with.
I donā€™t have to defend myself to you. Everyone who knows me says Iā€™m one of the nicest people theyā€™ve met.

Face to face with Biden cheerleader bots is easy.
It takes me about 30 seconds to make them realize they have no idea what's going on in the real world.

Last edited:
I donā€™t have to defend myself to you. Everyone who knows me says Iā€™m one of the nicest people theyā€™ve met.
Jeepers. That's what everyone says about me...not. :)
I'm genuine enough to know I'm not a nice person at times..and that my shit really does stink.

Again, what makes this man so special?

So, your post on here are not the real you? This is just an act you put on for the internet?

Face to face to Biden cheerleader bots is easy.
It takes me about 30 seconds to make them realize they have no idea what's going on in the real world.
So you answer is you DO try to educate them? Iā€™ve found, without exception, that I win every debate that way because it becomes so apparent how little they know.

But it just gets exhausting when every get-together where liberals are in attendance turns into a battle. (You might remember how I told you how a liberal accosted me at my own fatherā€™s post-burial lunch and scolded me for ā€œvoting for a racist.ā€)

1663524247307.png

So you answer is you DO try to educate them? Iā€™ve found, without exception, that I win every debate that way because it becomes so apparent how little they know.

But it just gets exhausting when every get-together where liberals are in attendance turns into a battle. (You might remember how I told you how a liberal accosted me at my own fatherā€™s post-burial lunch and scolded me for ā€œvoting for a racist.ā€)
I always educate them because they actually know they're wrong.
Ask them if anyone they know was unemployed under Trump until COVID.
All of a sudden they realize how stupid they are.

For 6 years Trump and his followers like you have attacked and demonized everyone that did not view Trump as you all do, and now you are going to whine about getting what you gave?

The lack of self-awareness among the hyper-partisan is just shocking some days
Zealots from either end of the spectrum can be pretty annoying.

One of the many, many traits they share.

Jeepers. That's what everyone says about me...not. :)
I'm genuine enough to know I'm not a nice person at times..and that my shit really does stink.

Again, what makes this man so special?
Why do I have to explain to YOU - who already in this threas called me a racist - why I preferred Trump to Biden? The PURPOSE of the thread is to discuss how to deal with Democrats who demean Trump voters, especially in group settings.

Then you must only speak to zealots. Or to reactionaries. Fun fact, they occupy both the right and left. I have left some Trump supporters apoplectic over the years. All without uttering the word "racist". I don't need to.
Your belief system can be destroyed easily. And it's always the Trump supporters that are the quickest to threaten violence, especially if they don't get their way.

Forum List

Back