Tipping is optional, but so is delivering your food’: Viral video shows pile up of McDonald’s DoorDash orders for non-tippers

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
'Tipping is optional, but so is delivering your food': Viral video shows pile up of McDonald's DoorDash orders for non-tippers

“Comments saying ‘I only tip afterwards!'” one commenter wrote.

“Yeah I’m not taking that 50/50 chance driving 10+ miles for three bucks and no tip.”

“Tip first so it’s worth our time,” another viewer said. “We only have so much time to complete so many orders. We can decline. Time vs money.”

“Tipping is optional, but so is delivering your food,” a third added. “So yeah.”

Damn, talk about your 1st world problems.

“Tipping is optional, but so is delivering your food,” a third added
Delivery is NOT optional. If you accept the order, you are expected to deliver the food in a timely manner.

My wife and I use DoorDash somewhat regularly. I follow the route the Dasher uses and we’ve reported several who took unnecessarily long or indirect routes while not making other deliveries. We tip decently (through the app) but not excessively.

You want $10 to bring my order 3 miles? I’ll go get it myself at that cost. Then you get nothing.

Delivery is NOT optional. If you accept the order, you are expected to deliver the food in a timely manner.

My wife and I use DoorDash somewhat regularly. I follow the route the Dasher uses and we’ve reported several who took unnecessarily long or indirect routes while not making other deliveries. We tip decently (through the app) but not excessively.

You want $10 to bring my order 3 miles? I’ll go get it myself at that cost. Then you get nothing.

Are you both non-drivers?

Why the Hell would I want to do delivery driving when I already have a good job that covers my bills?
27ywg4.jpg

Your dementia kicking in?

Your dementia kicking in?
Not at all. All I was saying in my initial response to this thread was that despite their angry rhetoric, delivery drivers who accept orders have a moral and a legal obligation to make their deliveries in a timely manner and should not be surprised if there are consequences when they don’t.

Not at all. All I was saying in my initreslonse to this thread was that despite their angry rhetoric, delivery drivers who accept orders have a moral and a legal obligation to make their deliveries in a timely manner and should not be surprised if there are consequences when they don’t.
Meh, it seems to me that they are just refusing the order altogether if a tip is not paid-up front. I can see both sides.

Meh, it seems to me that they are just refusing the order altogether if a tip is not paid-up front. I can see both sides
That’s fine. Don’t take the order if you don’t want it; but once you take it, you damn well better complete it to the best of your ability.

If you are too damn lazy to get in your car and pick up your own food then tip the damn driver.

They make near damn nothing on deliveries, so treat them well.
'Tipping is optional, but so is delivering your food': Viral video shows pile up of McDonald's DoorDash orders for non-tippers

“Comments saying ‘I only tip afterwards!'” one commenter wrote.

“Yeah I’m not taking that 50/50 chance driving 10+ miles for three bucks and no tip.”

“Tip first so it’s worth our time,” another viewer said. “We only have so much time to complete so many orders. We can decline. Time vs money.”

“Tipping is optional, but so is delivering your food,” a third added. “So yeah.”

Damn, talk about your 1st world problems.

If you are too damn lazy to get in your car and pick up your own food then tip the damn driver.

They make near damn nothing on deliveries, so treat them well
As I understand it, they know what the tip through the app is when they accept the delivery.

To expect an additional cash tip at the door is silly so far as I’m concerned. You know what the tip is, take it or leave it.

Especially considering how long it takes many of them to get from the restaurant to my door.

Then don't order delivery you are too cheap to tip, scumbag

Odd, I delivered many years ago. I was happy to get the cash and stuff it in my pockets as opposed to getting it on a check.

I think you need to read slower.

I don't use food delivery. Pizza on a RARE occasion. If I want restaurant food I goto the restaurant. And I sure as fuck ain't ordering out junk food. That's beyond stupid

Especially considering how long it takes many of them to get from the restaurant to my door.
This is why I don't see the point in delivery if you still have the ability to get it yourself. If the food is awful by the time that you get it, it then isn't worth any of the money that has to be thrown down for it.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

This is why I don't see the point in delivery if you still have the ability to get it yourself
Convenience. Ease. Most of the time the deliveries go fine. It’s just the occasional slouch who ruins things for the whole group. Now everyone gets less because of a few bad apples.

Forum List

Back