Is there anyone else besides me who now feels uncomfortable in the company of Democrats?

Good advice. You see how he’s deflecting from the point and putting me on the defensive? That’s what these Dems are now doing - and it’s been horrendous since Biden called us America’s enemies.
Sweetheart, YOU made the assertion that you were a nice person. I've watched just about EVERY post you've made since you arrived here.
I know exactly what your beliefs are.

So defend them.

My problem is that I’m both a nice person and sometimes (often) too sensitive for my own good. Because of the first, leftists who have been convinced Trump voters are awful people assume I did not vote for him, and because of the second, I am insulted and angry when they start their demeaning remarks about Trump voters In front of me, or even directed at me (not knowing).

And as Biden has ramped up his attack on Republicans, leading poorly informed people to believe that all Trump voters are threats to democracy, traitors to the nation, white supremacists, and so forth, the freely expressed contempt has ramped up as well. It was particularly bad at a dinner I attended last night.

How do my fellow Trump supporters handle this? If you are in a group meeting, and they start with the nasty remarks, are you continuing to hit back, attempt to educate them, or what? This has been going on for five years, and I hate that any get-together with Democrats becomes a battle as they never fail to bring up Trump voters, and not in a nice way.

I am curious as to how you all handle this, especially since it’s gotten much worse since Biden made it clear he considers Trump voters the enemies of the country.
I laugh at them. I don't bother to argue with fools.

This is a thread whining about the Dems being mean to you Trumpers....

damn, I wish you had the basic intellect to get irony, you miss so much
They cheered, and still cheer, and adored, and still adore, a vulgar man-child who has spent the last six years insulting and name-calling anyone who dared to cross him.

And they say they're nice people.

Sometimes all you can do is shake your head.

They cheered, and still cheer, a vulgar man-child who has spent the last six years insulting and name-calling anyone who dared to cross him.

And they say they're nice people.

Sometimes all you can do is shake your head.
It's what annoys the crap out of me when Fox or Newsmax goes hunting for the farthest left whack-a-doodles to interview for their hit pieces.
Of course they look like sputtering fools. That's what reactionaries do. But as soon as they get someone who knows their shit, they cut and run
like little cowards. Same with most Trump supporters. As soon as they know you're going to shred them, they fold the tent.

I don't shake my head. I just smile.

The topic is how to handle Democrats who demean Trump voters, particularly in a group setting, obviously assuming that everyone around them think as they do.

I, for example, would NEVER start talking about how stupid and ignorant Biden voters are, or what hypocrites they are, or whatever, because I realize there may be Biden voters in the group and it would be arrogant and rude of me to do so. But Democrats have no reservations about the converse.

This is really nothing new. It goes back ar least 15 years, but again, in the couple of weeks since Biden took his attack on Republicans to a new high (or low), it’s gotten much worse. It would be like a Jew sitting in a group with Germans trashing Jews, circa 1935, and not knowing there was a Jew there.

So you answer is you DO try to educate them? I’ve found, without exception, that I win every debate that way because it becomes so apparent how little they know.

But it just gets exhausting when every get-together where liberals are in attendance turns into a battle. (You might remember how I told you how a liberal accosted me at my own father’s post-burial lunch and scolded me for “voting for a racist.”)

It is exhausting and frustrating how they think they can lecture someone. Just remind them they voted for supporting killing babies.........and smile.

For 6 years Trump and his followers like you have attacked and demonized everyone that did not view Trump as you all do, and now you are going to whine about getting what you gave?

The lack of self-awareness among the hyper-partisan is just shocking some days
The lack of self-awareness among the hyper-partisan is just shocking some days

one only need to read your posts to see that.

My problem is that I’m both a nice person and sometimes (often) too sensitive for my own good. Because of the first, leftists who have been convinced Trump voters are awful people assume I did not vote for him, and because of the second, I am insulted and angry when they start their demeaning remarks about Trump voters In front of me, or even directed at me (not knowing).

And as Biden has ramped up his attack on Republicans, leading poorly informed people to believe that all Trump voters are threats to democracy, traitors to the nation, white supremacists, and so forth, the freely expressed contempt has ramped up as well. It was particularly bad at a dinner I attended last night.

How do my fellow Trump supporters handle this? If you are in a group meeting, and they start with the nasty remarks, are you continuing to hit back, attempt to educate them, or what? This has been going on for five years, and I hate that any get-together with Democrats becomes a battle as they never fail to bring up Trump voters, and not in a nice way.

I am curious as to how you all handle this, especially since it’s gotten much worse since Biden made it clear he considers Trump voters the enemies of the country.
Chances are, you aren't the only one in the group who feels a little insulted.

I have a very thick skin, don't mind conflict, and I have opinions which I don't mind sharing, so I don't mind being the only Conservative in a group of people.

I always speak up, so if someone said something derogatory about me in any setting, I would defend myself.

In the example you gave, I would probably say something not too aggressive like "you have to admit that things are going pretty poorly right now." That would probably result in some thumbs up from others in the group, even if they stayed quiet.

And we could take the conversation from there if they wanted to keep pursuing the point. I would delight in it.

You can be nice and still disagree with them. You could actually set an example as to how it is done, by not hurling a single insult and only facts and logical reasoning.

But if you are non-confrontational and don't want to offend, that's a bit different from just being nice. That's a bigger hurdle to overcome. I look at it this way - I am sympathetic to other's viewpoints and feelings, but I have viewpoints and feelings of my own, so i will treat theirs with respectful disagreement, and kind of expect the same in return.

Some people are just nasty though. In that case, the best approach is often to not associate.

Last edited:
The topic is how to handle Democrats who demean Trump voters, particularly in a group setting, obviously assuming that everyone around them think as they do.

I, for example, would NEVER start talking about how stupid and ignorant Biden voters are, or what hypocrites they are, or whatever, because I realize there may be Biden voters in the group and it would be arrogant and rude of me to do so. But Democrats have no reservations about the converse.

This is really nothing new. It goes back ar least 15 years, but again, in the couple of weeks since Biden took his attack on Republicans to a new high (or low), it’s gotten much worse. It would be like a Jew sitting in a group with Germans trashing Jews, circa 1935, and not knowing there was a Jew there.

Yet you started a thread doing that very thing!

:laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301:

It's what annoys the crap out of me when Fox or Newsmax goes hunting for the farthest left whack-a-doodles to interview for their hit pieces.
Of course they look like sputtering fools. That's what reactionaries do. But as soon as they get someone who knows their shit, they cut and run
like little cowards. Same with most Trump supporters. As soon as they know you're going to shred them, they fold the tent.

I don't shake my head. I just smile.
At least they show their love and how "nice" they are by calling anyone who dares to disagree with them (including Republicans, moderates and independents) "evil", "demonic" and "satanic".

It's that kind of rational, measured, intelligent thinking that makes me admire and respect them so much.

At least they show their love and how "nice" they are by calling anyone who dares to disagree with them (including Republicans, moderates and independents) "evil", "demonic" and "satanic".

It's that kind of rational, measured, intelligent thinking that makes me admire and respect them so much.
Yep. It's why I don't pay her any attention. I read her posts and move on (well, except for this one :)) This is just a whiny, bitchfest.
"Why are liberals so MEAN to Trump supporters?". Answer, because you usually can't help but make asshats out of yourself.

It would really dangerous for any American to visit any of the Democrat controlled big city shitholes. Crime is way out of control.

Democrats have destroyed several states and most of the great American cities. It use to only be Detroit but now it is all of them. Even in the Red States.

Forum List

Back