Is the universe an intelligence creating machine?

Do you believe that given enough time and the right conditions that intelligence will eventually arise?

I think that rather backward. A far better way to understand the cosmos is as Intelligence as a universe creating machine, NOT the other way around!

Matter comes from mind. No mind, never matter.
Well, humans are a product of the universe, right?

Therefore, the universe produced humans.

So why isn’t the purpose of the universe to create intelligence?

modus tollens
I take it that you don’t believe humans are a product of the universe?

Humans certainly came about in our universe. But are they the "product" of it? Perhaps in one sense, but since the universe itself is the product of something even greater, that cause of all causes is really the source of all that it produced which includes both the universe and all that came about in it, wouldn't you agree?

Do you believe that given enough time and the right conditions that intelligence will eventually arise?

I think that rather backward. A far better way to understand the cosmos is as Intelligence as a universe creating machine, NOT the other way around!

Matter comes from mind. No mind, never matter.
Well, humans are a product of the universe, right?

Therefore, the universe produced humans.

So why isn’t the purpose of the universe to create intelligence?

modus tollens
I take it that you don’t believe humans are a product of the universe?

Humans certainly came about in our universe. But are they the "product" of it? Perhaps in one sense, but since the universe itself is the product of something even greater, that cause of all causes is really the source of all that it produced which includes both the universe and all that came about in it, wouldn't you agree?
I would agree.

It was never my intention to suggest otherwise.

th

Why?

OR

For what purpose?

*****SMILE*****

:)

To experience the material world.

What better thing for a mind with no body to do than to create the material world so that minds with bodies can make smart things too.

th

So you're saying God is everywhere and in everything?

What of our free will?

*****SMILE*****

I’m not a pantheist.

th

So god sits on his thrown on the mountain watching what we do in his reflecting pool of viewing?

*****CHUCKLE*****

No. He experiences the material world through us.

th

Who's us?

Why not pantheism?

*****CHUCKLE*****

To experience the material world.

What better thing for a mind with no body to do than to create the material world so that minds with bodies can make smart things too.

th

So you're saying God is everywhere and in everything?

What of our free will?

*****SMILE*****

I’m not a pantheist.

th

So god sits on his thrown on the mountain watching what we do in his reflecting pool of viewing?

*****CHUCKLE*****

No. He experiences the material world through us.

th

Who's us?

Why not pantheism?

*****CHUCKLE*****

Everyone.

The painter isn’t the painting.

Do you believe that it has?
Sure.
Some days I'm not so sure.
Intelligent people can do stupid things.
But when they do enough stupid things you have to wonder whether or not they are really intelligent after all.
It’s relative.

Some people have to learn lessons the hard way.

I am universe. And I do not think I am an intelligence creating machine.
You would if you could.

I would not, because "machine" on one side and "intelligence" or "creation" on the other side are for me terms, which exclude each other.

And yet we are obsessed with making smart things.

We learn and we do things. I know smart ideas - but I do not know smart things. What for example do you call a smart thing? My experience is machines are unbelievable stupid. For example you can drive with a car against a wall with 100 miles per hour and the car will do nothing to try to save the own life. Absolutelly stupid, isn't it?

Last edited:
You would if you could.

I would not, because "machine" on one side and "intelligence" or "creation" on the other side are for me terms, which exclude each other.

We learn and we do things. I know smart ideas - but I do not know smart things. What for example do you call a smart thing? My experience is machines are unbelievable stupid. For example you can drive with a car against a wall with 100 miles per hour and the car will do nothing to try to save the own life. Absolutelly stupid, isn't it?

We automate all kinds of things. The process mimics intelligence in that it must sense and react.

You would if you could.

We automate all kinds of things.

For example we automate to cook coffee in a coffee machine. The result is often a kind of ugly black fluid in a plastic pot.

The process mimics intelligence in that it must sense and react.

Let me say it this way: When an intelligent machine would give me an intelligent coffee in an intelligent cup then I do not see less problems, when I like to drink a good cup of coffee.

You would if you could.

For example we automate to cook coffee in a coffee machine. The result is often a kind of ugly black fluid in a plastic pot.

Let me say it this way: When an intelligent machine would give me an intelligent coffee in an intelligent cup then I do not see less problems, when I like to drink a good cup of coffee.

Maybe you need to clean your coffee pot.

Or does your coffee taste good when you don’t use the automated feature?

You seem to be missing the point of this thread.

Sure.

Do you think this was so damned intelligent, what you said here now, that this justifies the 13.8 billion years of evolution of the Cosmos, so you are able to be here and to tell me now with the aggression background level of a wild chimpanzee, that I have dirty hypothetic and abstract coffee pots? What is a concrete smart thing in your eyes?

Last edited:

Sure.

Do you think this was so damned intelligent, what you said here now, that this justifies the 13.8 billion years of evolution of the Cosmos, so you are able to be here and to tell me now with the aggression background level of a wild chimpanzee, that I have dirty hypothetic and abstract coffee pots? What is a concrete smart thing in your eyes?

I am as equally surprised at your reluctance to accept that it is the nature of intelligence to create intelligence when intelligence created existence and his creatures emulate him by trying to make smart things too.

Forum List

Back