Is the universe an intelligence creating machine?

I am universe. And I do not think I am an intelligence creating machine.

Do you believe that given enough time and the right conditions that intelligence will eventually arise?

Perhaps intelligence will one day arise. But will we be intelligent enough to be able to notice this?

Kueken-aus-dem-Ei-600x600.jpg

Why do you believe you are the universe?

Because I am universe - and ever was.

PS.: But what I was "before", I don't know.

How do you know?

How do I know what? That I'm a part of the world here? I'm here and was always here since the universe exists. Experiment by thoughts: If I would like to do suicide then I could send my murderer to yesterday - or the day before yesterday. But I could also send him to the last year or to the year before. Always he could kill me here, because I was there. But I could send him also to a time before I was born 100 or 200 or much more hundred years ago. He could do something, so I was not born. But this means with other words: Something what will be I today, has existed also some hundred years ago. The same thousands, millions and billions of years ago - up to the first moment of time. But what was "before" this moment is not possible to know. "Before" was nothing, what we are able to know, because there was no "before".

Last edited:
th

Perhaps intelligence as we understand and define it. That does not mean they are not intelligent in their own way. Some may have taken paths we are yet to understand. Chimps use tools, beavers construct, whales sing, dolphins may have their own language, avians build nests, and there are many more examples that we mere humans are still observing and attempting to comprehend. In the end even a mere microb might contain the essence of intelligence of a very different sort.

The premise of your argument assumes that life exists everywhere in the universe and not simply on earth. Are you assuming that...

Life existed throughout the universe from the beginning and seeds suitable planets as certain conditions are meet?
---OR---
Life arises/forms/created independently on different planets as certain conditions were meet?

I find the latter argument for the formation of life to invalidate your premise and that it's life itself and not the universe that might be an intelligence creating machine. On the other hand if you answer that it is the former where life arose then life is a natural creation of the universe thereby validating your opening premise.

*****SMILE*****

:)

I am assuming that wherever life exists intelligence is striving to emerge because intelligence is intrinsic to life because it is written into the laws of nature.

th

So your opening question should read...

"Is life an intelligence creating machine?"

That way you avoid the controversy of how and when life is created in the universe.

*****CHUCKLE*****

But I see it as the purpose of the universe is to create life and intelligence. Everything which has unfolded since space and time popped into existence and began to expand and cool was directed at creating intelligence.

You can't tell what something is by how it starts. You can only tell what it is when it becomes it.

th

The differences of the origin of life as I pointed out are important in my humble opinion. It might explain a lot about origins...

So what's the purpose of a vast entropic system creating miniscule beings who can barely comprehend it's scope or complexity?

*****SMILE*****

I believe its purpose is to create beings that know and create, aka intelligence, so that the creator can share in our experiences.

th

Why?

OR

For what purpose?

*****SMILE*****

Is intelligence a product of the universe or is the universe the product of intelligence?
Consider that without human intelligence and perception, it would not matter if the universe existed or not.

Do you believe that given enough time and the right conditions that intelligence will eventually arise?

Perhaps intelligence will one day arise. But will we be intelligent enough to be able to notice this?

When ancient man was pondering where he came from and what his purpose was, he recognized that man was different than all other creatures.

We are creation like all other creatures.

He concluded that he was created in God’s image. In other words he was a being that knows and creates.

You don't know whether god exists or not exists. And you don't have any idea how strange this typical anglo-american never ending discussion of mad "Christians" and extremistic "scientists" sounds in the ears of the very most Christians and in the ears of many or most scientists. Not to use the argument "god" in context of natural science means not god exists or not exists. (Did god exist when he had created existence?) One of the most stupid ideas I've ever heard in context of natural science were for example the anti-ideas of Richard Dawkins to say the philosophy agnosticism shows that god is not existing. But that's nonsense. Agnosticism is still a philosophy and not a belief and still every agnostics is able to believe in god or not to believe in god.

So just because man does not do perfect things, that doesn’t mean he isn’t intelligent. Just not as intelligent as he can be.

The perfect is not perfect here. In the best of all possible worlds everything is always able to be more perfect too. Second: It's our job to keep gods creation alive and we (=every single human being without any exception) are responsible for gods living creation. Pope Francis said with every species, which we lose, we will lose a voice of god. I would say we lose not only a voice of god - we lose ourselve too in the loud, louder and loudest howling of strong men all over the world for more and more personal and national might and money. Life is the real important thing: all and every life: Life first!

csm_Salve_Regina2_q_7db7041255.jpg

Last edited:

When ancient man was pondering where he came from and what his purpose was, he recognized that man was different than all other creatures.

He concluded that he was created in God’s image. In other words he was a being that knows and creates.

You don't know whether god exists or not exists. And you don't have any idea how strange this typical anglo-american never ending discussion of mad "Christians" and extremistic "scientists" sounds in the ears of the very most Christians and in the ears of many or most scientists. Not to use the argument "god" in context of natural science means not god exists or not exists. (Did god exist when he had created existence?) One of the most stupid ideas I've ever heard in context of natural science were for example the anti-ideas of Richard Dawkins to say the philosophy agnosticism shows that god is not existing. But that's nonsense. Agnosticism is still a philosophy and not a belief and still every agnostics is able to believe in god or not to believe in god.

So just because man does not do perfect things, that doesn’t mean he isn’t intelligent. Just not as intelligent as he can be.

The perfect is not perfect here. In the best of all possible worlds everything is always able to be more perfect too. Second: It's our job to keep gods creation alive and we (=every single human being without any exception) are responsible for gods living creation. Pope Francis said with every species, which we lose, we will lose a voice of god. I would say we lose not only a voice of god - we lose ourselve too in the loud, louder and loudest howling of strong men all over the world for more and more personal and national might and money. Life is the real important thing: all and every life: Life first!

That’s horse shit. No offense.

Yes, we are creatures. Unlike any other though in that we are beings that know and create.

Yes, we are supposed to be stewards but man is still broken.

As to the rest maybe you should revisit the section on atheism in the catechism.

Is intelligence a product of the universe or is the universe the product of intelligence?
Consider that without human intelligence and perception, it would not matter if the universe existed or not.
Both.

I don’t see how it could be any other way.

I am assuming that wherever life exists intelligence is striving to emerge because intelligence is intrinsic to life because it is written into the laws of nature.

th

So your opening question should read...

"Is life an intelligence creating machine?"

That way you avoid the controversy of how and when life is created in the universe.

*****CHUCKLE*****

But I see it as the purpose of the universe is to create life and intelligence. Everything which has unfolded since space and time popped into existence and began to expand and cool was directed at creating intelligence.

You can't tell what something is by how it starts. You can only tell what it is when it becomes it.

th

The differences of the origin of life as I pointed out are important in my humble opinion. It might explain a lot about origins...

So what's the purpose of a vast entropic system creating miniscule beings who can barely comprehend it's scope or complexity?

*****SMILE*****

I believe its purpose is to create beings that know and create, aka intelligence, so that the creator can share in our experiences.

th

Why?

OR

For what purpose?

*****SMILE*****

To experience the material world.

What better thing for a mind with no body to do than to create the material world so that minds with bodies can make smart things too.

How do you know?

How do I know what? That I'm a part of the world here? I'm here and was always here since the universe exists. Experiment by thoughts: If I would like to do suicide then I could send my murderer to yesterday - or the day before yesterday. But I could also send him to the last year or to the year before. Always he could kill me here, because I was there. But I could send him also to a time before I was born 100 or 200 or much more hundred years ago. He could do something, so I was not born. But this means with other words: Something what will be I today, has existed also some hundred years ago. The same thousands, millions and billions of years ago - up to the first moment of time. But what was "before" this moment is not possible to know. "Before" was nothing, what we are able to know, because there was no "before".

How do you know you are the universe?

Yes, we are creatures. Unlike any other though in that we are beings that know and create.

As to the rest maybe you should revisit the section on atheism in the catechism.

I do not think you expect a serios answer to this lines from you. But let me give this short answer: I am not a steward, no one and nothing is able to create or to destroy energy and I don't know what you try to speak about when you say "Man is still broken". And I think you try to use the Christian religion for something what has not a lot to do with truth.

Last edited:

How do you know?

I do not have any idea what you still try to ask with this question. Give me one or more possible answers to this question. Perhaps I'm in this way able to find out what you ask. ... Hey ... Now I get it. I never said "I am the universe" - sure I am not the universe - I said "I am universe". For example: When I knock on a piece of wood then I hear this sound. All components which belong to this action are [part of the] universe - are part of gods creation.

Last edited:
I think there is a friendly competition between the various Gods of the multiverse to create the most "God Like" intelligence in all the universi. The rules are you can start with whatever initial conditions you like, but you can never intervene in any way. The life form that attains the highest level of intelligence as voted on by the Gods will endow it's creator with the coveted "Baddest God Damn God Of All".

I do not think you expect a serios answer to this lines from you. But let me give this short answer: I am not a steward, no one and nothing is able to create or to destroy energy and I don't know what you try to speak about when you say "Man is still broken". And I think you try to use the Christian religion for something what has not a lot to do with truth.

You should stop thinking because everything you thought was wrong.

In fact it describes you and not me. You were the one who wasn’t being serious.

How do you know?

I do not have any idea what you still try to ask with this question. Give me one or more possible answers to this question. Perhaps I'm in this way able to find out what you ask. ... Hey ... Now I get it. I never said "I am the universe" - sure I am not the universe - I said "I am universe". For example: When I knock on a piece of wood then I hear this sound. All components which belong to this action are [part of the] universe - are part of gods creation.

That’s only because you haven’t been serious.

Why do you write such respectless anti-enlightened nonsense sentences?

No. I just simple do not see what your unabilty to accept logic and facts and your respectlessness has to do with the Christian religion.

Last edited:

How do you know?

That’s only because you haven’t been serious.

?

No. I just simple do not see what your unabilty to accept logic and facts and your respectlessness has to do with the Christian religion.

I believe there must be a breakdown in communication here. This all started with you making a statement that you are the universe and me asking questions trying to understand it.

It devolved from there as it seemed to me that you were trying to be evasive.

So if you want to start over, in all for that. M

So can you explain to me why you would make that claim and what it has to do with the OP?

I am very capable of accepting logic and being respectful.

My belief is that Genesis should not be read literally and that the original meaning has been lost through time.

At the heart of Genesis is the belief that God created existence and that man is a product of that creation. The purpose of the OP is to establish that the laws of nature are such that intelligence was predestined even before the creation of space and time.

Hence the discussion is the universe an intelligence creating machine.

Personally I don’t see how anyone could see it any other way.

I believe there must be a breakdown in communication here. This all started with you making a statement that you are the universe and me asking questions trying to understand it.

I never said what you "heard". Youb ahve some schememsnoin your bnroain any oyu uise thsi schemmes comcleltly inpdenetndetnfroimnanythgin what's real around you.

It devolved

devolved = "übertragen" ... hmmm ...

from there as it seemed to me that you were trying to be evasive.

I am what? Ausweichend?

So if you want to start over,

No.

in all for that.

?

So can you explain to me why you would make that claim and what it has to do with the OP?

I said just simple - before you started to nonsaminate what I said - that I am universe [on my own] and I don't think that I am an intelligence creating machine. And now I say: This seems to be right, otherwise you had understood that this question here was not only totally superflous but the opposite of "intelligence" and ignores "experience" too. Everyone knows the universe because everyone is universe. On the other side: What knows someone about oneselve? Who's watching something is not able to watch oneselve watching the same time. So "intelligence" (in sense of "intelligent species") is perhaps only a kind of punching ball between the individuals of a species and their environment.

But what know idiots about intelligence, except that they "think" (=postulate) they are intelligent? ... Oh by the way: in the beginning intellligence was only the quotient of the result of a psychological test and the real age. A 6 years old child, which is able to solve all problems, which a six years old child is normally able to solve, has an I-Quotient of 1(*100)=100. A six years old child, who solves all problems which normally an 8 years old child is able to solve has an IQ of 8/6=1.25 (*100)=125. In the opposite has an 8 years old child, who is "only" able to solve all problems, which a 6 years old child normally is able to solve, an IQ of 6/8=0,75 (*100)=75.

And now take a look how my animalic friend and my human sister are solving a special problem. Then you have to accept that my animalic friend is nearly infinite more intelligent by solving this problem than is my human sister. And no: I do not think men are more intelligent - I think men have a greater problem than women to show and to accept such a result.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back